You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unsure What's Going On

Real Ghost Stories

Unsure What's Going On

 

My husband and I recently moved into a new apartment. A few days after settling in, we started noticing a vibration sound (Like when you have your cell phone on vibrate, and it goes off) but our phones weren't going off. We would hear this sound all over the apartment.

My husband would be in the kitchen, hear this vibration, look around and it would stop.

I was once in the bedroom, I left my phone in the living room, my husband was still at work, and I heard this vibration, like it was right next to me. I started to look around for the source of the sound and it stops. We've noticed if we ignore it, don't look around for the sound, or don't talk about it while it's happening, it continues until we start to question it.

There was one time I was coming in the front door, before opening the door I heard this rather loud "vibration" sound, it was so loud I thought my neighbors would start to complain of the noise. As soon as I opened the door there was no noise.

I know this isn't just in my head because my husband hears it too. Could this be a "ghost" trying to get our attention? Mess with us? Or is it nothing at all. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? If so, how did it turn out?

We are not scared, or feel uneasy about this. We are just unsure on what's going on.

Other hauntings by AloveB85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AloveB85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Could it be the lighting in your house? Or power lines? Or something electrical in your house? Since nothing but noise has happened my personal opinion is its NOT spiritual...it's a tone/noise made naturally by something electrical...but...I could be wrong. I hope that is all it is... For your sake!
Blessed be.~
CuriousNEwoman
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
It seems there are a lot of people on the Internet discussing unknown humming buzzing noises recently. Try a search. Some theories are govt. Programs, alien/satanic beings trying to cross into our world.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
BadJuuJuu, no its not a dumb question! We looked into that. No one lives below us, there's only 2 apartments per floor, and we both think the apartment on our floor is to far away to have this sound coming from them, and we live on the end of the building, so there really is no one around us.
From the time I posted this until yesterday (about a week) we had no issues with it, I walked into the apartment yesterday hearing it.
Moongrim, I have been woken up by it, I think it bothers me more than my husband. He never hears it if hes home alone now. Have you ever found out why its occurred to you?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I've had similiar experiences with vibrations and weird phenomena. The most annoying times were when I was woken up in the middle of the night by it, and by moving my head around, discovered that the vibration/noise/buzzing was centered around my head.

The closest to the vibration rate I've been able to replicate is a 60 hertz buzz that fluorescent lights give off.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
This is probably a dumb question, but could it be coming from an adjoining apartment? I'm sure you've already looked into that possibility, but had to ask.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: