You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unsettling Aftermath

Real Ghost Stories

The Unsettling Aftermath

 

This is related to my first published experience so please, if you haven't read it, do so. Moving on, that day, I did tell my mom about what happened to me. She was really worried; it seemed that same night she awoke to growling but wasn't sure if she was hearing wrong since she was still half asleep and brushed if off as coughing... Believe me I wasn't happy to hear this and it freaked me out more. That night we took a few white candles, lit them up and put salt all around my room and on my bed. My cat finally went into my room after that and I thought all was well. How wrong I was. A day later I learned that it wasn't safe outside my room.

I was writing a paper for class in my living room when I felt something in the living room. Thinking that my mom and I successfully sent the spirit on its way I decided to ignore it thinking it was a spirit passing through. This was my huge mistake. I ended up falling asleep on the couch that night and had a disturbing dream. I was with some kind of... Of creature. It looked human but its eyes where completely different. I don't know how to describe it at all. All I know was that I was falling victim to it. For some reason I wanted to be with it in an (Excuse me but I don't find it easy to write about this topic) sexual way. The stranger kept saying the same thing as well, that it "Wasn't that easy to send me away". But no matter what it said I wasn't waking, even when, at one point, I both feared and wanted it. Lucky nothing happened in my dream. This is thanks to my eldest cat that saw it to dig her claws into me and wake me up. When she woke me she kept staring at me and even when I got her off me she stared at me for about two hours before finally taking her place next to me. My cat only gets like that when she knows something is wrong. Once she freaked out when my sister pulled out a Ouija board. She kept jumping on it and meowing like mad and even clawed my sister's hand if she went to touch it. She wouldn't stop until my sister gave up and put the board away.

Once again I waited for my mother and told her about it. We ended up lighting candles in every room, putting salt and putting down Florida water (I believe that's the name) all around the house. After I was able to sleep anywhere in the house without nightmares or waking up in the night. Yet I know this will only be for a short while. No matter what, spirits will always find their way back to my home even if I move I know they will follow me. It's been like that for years. Though at times, I wonder if it's my family who follows them.

In the end there are still many things I have gone through and wish to share so this is far from being my last post. Anyway, I just want to say thank you for all who responded its means a lot.

Other hauntings by Chained_Flower

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chained_Flower, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Scroll down a couple of comments and you will find an explanation of Florida water 😊
sawwheeler (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
what is Florida water? Is it holy water? I want to know if its holy water you meant.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Thanks BJJ,

11 years praticing the 'Art' and that was something I'd never heard of... The things you learn if you just read and ask. Thanks.

I always used 'charged water' for cleansing my tools and such... Set a clear (white) crystal in water (in my case 'blessed (holy) water'), place in the light of a full moon... Repeat as needed...

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Florida water is used for cleansing homes, magickal tools, candles, etc.
Basic recipe is 1/2 gallon of 90-proof alcohol, 1 ounce of lavender, 1 ounce of bergamot, 1 dram of lemon, 1 dram of cloves, 1 gallon of water.
Thinking of making up a batch of this myself and giving my house the works. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Amendment:

Your Mom seems to know what she is doing...

Candles and Salt can create 'barriers' for Spirits but have to be 'freshened up' every so often.

I am unfamilure with 'Florida Water' could you please explain what this is / how it's used?

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Chained Flower,

Gotta hand it to a cat that is that 'tuned' in. 😁

Have you researched ways of shielding yourself and/or your home?

I can offer advice or there are many others here at this site that can offer ways of doing either (or both). Free for the asking.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I look forward to any others you care to tell.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: