You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Doggy Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Doggy Ghosts

 

My nanny (who is really my grandma, but we call her Nanny!) had an adorable, fat, black small poodle named, Mikey. Me, my cousins, and my sister and brother, all grew up with Mikey. When I was around 7 or 8, and Mikey was at the ripe old age of 15, he got very sick, and we made the (hard!) decision to put him down. Poodles usually live only about 15-20 years, and, in this condition, he was miserable. We all loved Mikey dearly, more than you can imagine, and no one would really think so, because, as much as we used to complain about him, the day he was put to sleep, we were all very upset.

A few weeks after he was put to sleep, my nanny was alone in the house watching TV. Her house is set up so when you walk in, you walk onto shiny stone that shines in the sunlight. Then, you turn into her carpeted den/dining room. She heard clicking noises, like nails on hardwood floors, and a jingle, and out of the corner of her eye, saw a black figure. She looked at it disappeared, but it's a little self-explanatory what you might think this was... Mikey! She never really saw anything after that (even though sometimes I thought I saw him in the reflection of the sliding doors leading to her backyard) we think Mikey had just come to say goodbye.

What a great dog!

Other hauntings by Daisy_Pink13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daisy_Pink13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
My cockerspaniel mix died today at the age of seventeen, I wasn't there being across the state with my Grandparents. He's with his brother P.j who had died two years ago. He had watched me grow from a baby to a preteen. Goodbye Barney, I love you and wish wherever you are everlasting happiness, Katherine ❤
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
My dog got hit by a car about 4 weeks ago. I buried him down in my back paddock. I visit his grave often, even though I know he is not there. My kids and I all had dreams over the next few nights about him being alive for one more day, and he was so happy, like the dog he was. I think he was giving us all happy memories and saying goodbye.
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
StarlightDreams: Yeah that happened to my grandma and a few other people of my family when one of our previous dogs died... Never happened to me though... Although I must admit that when I walk over where he used to sleep (at the end of the stairs in the ground floor) I feel some kind of pleasant warmth even today.
brandon (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
I have a dog that is 15 his name is buddy and he is a boston terierr. I am also 15 so I grew up with him
StarlightDreams (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
This is nice and he is a great dog! I remember when my dog died I had a dream about him... He did say goodbye in plain english

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: