You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Child-sized Shadow Demon In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Child-sized Shadow Demon In My House?

 

This is fairly lengthy but I hope some of you will take the time to read it and help me figure out what's going on at my place. It would be greatly appreciated!

I live in Perth, Western Australia. The house I am living in now is fairly old but I wouldn't call it "very old". I've lived here since I was in year 2 (5-6 years old) and I am now 20. Before my family and I moved in, mum would be very wary of setting foot in the place, and would mention that the first owner of the house had something terrible happen to them. She wouldn't elaborate any further.

Both my mother and I have sensed strange things on numerous occasions, and both of us have what you might call psychic abilities to some extent, depending on how you choose to view it. Both her and I have been able to sense the paranormal for as long as I can remember, and her side of the family is particularly sensitive to it.

Over the past few years, I have experienced the ominous feeling of being watched in my own house, by something that I can't visually detect (most of the time). I know it's there, because I can strongly sense it and have seen it for fleeting seconds every now and again.

One night, some months ago, I woke up because the room had grown cold. I usually leave my bedroom door closed unless it is too hot or I just want a little light to filter through from the kitchen, since we always leave the kitchen light on at night time. Feeling wide awake with an unexpected fear, my eyes darted to my doorway. My bed rests against the wall of the left side of my bedroom (when viewed from the entrance) so I always have a clear view of my door when I sleep on my left side.

I noticed that my door was wide open, and I didn't remember leaving it that way because I don't usually do that. My mum was fast asleep and my sister was staying at her dad's place for the night. To my horror, I saw a small figure watching me from the entrance of my room. It looked like a "dense" shadow. I'm not quite sure how else to explain it. Slightly propping myself up on one elbow, I spoke out my little sister's name thinking it was probably her (I thought maybe she had changed her mind and had been dropped off during the night). Then suddenly, the being rushed up to my bedside in the blink of an eye and moved alarmingly close to my face. Terrified, I found myself staring into a face with no discernable nose or eyes, and a gaping wide mouth. Where its eyes were meant to be, were dark holes from what I can remember, anyway. I'm not too sure.

My body froze in horror. Moments passed with just that creature and me in the room, "gazes" transfixed on each other's faces. Eventually, I was able to snap out of the frozen state my body had taken on in fright and I flailed and kicked at the thing until it suddenly dissipated with a blood-curdling sound that reminded me of an anguished scream of some sort. I heard it out loud and deep within my head, if that makes sense. It made my hair stand on end and my heart beat alarmingly fast.

To this day, I have no idea what it was. A demon of some sort? I don't know what it wanted. It was terrifying and every so often I catch glimpses of shadow-like people/creatures from my peripheral vision. I've heard many a tale about these beings but even so, I can't help but wonder if they are meant to be good or bad, or what?

Many times I've awoken from sleep from someone calling my name, and it is usually a man or someone who sounds a lot like me. Even when I'm not asleep, I sometimes hear whoever it is calling my name. And occasionally, I can feel something touching me that I can't see.

Last night, I was sitting at my laptop doing a virus scan when I felt the hair on the back of my neck prickle and a very distinct hand placed itself on my nape. I felt the palms and fingers and everything. Even though the air around me was suddenly freezing, the hand on my neck felt strangely warm, temperature wise. I couldn't figure out if the touch was malevolent or benevolent in nature, but it did frighten me.

I can't tell if it is just trying to communicate with us, or if it just wants to give us a scare for the hell of it?

Other hauntings by RhythmSnail

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RhythmSnail, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elvenking92 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
It sounds to me like it is possibly a very old form of demon called a shadow demon... And it sounds like it's trying to win you over. Shadow demons are the creatures we get the stories of guardian angels from. Tho I'm not certain of this yet, your comment of a cry of anguish intrigued me to be honest... I'm wondering if you know if it was sorrowful anguish or frustrated anguish as shadow demons take sorrow from being confused with malevolent demons and being driven away... Shadow demons and other forms of demons do use the eyes because of the connection to the soul... Tho shadow demons use this to tie themselves to a person for their lifetime so they know automatically if that person is in need of their protection... They are the most powerful allies with malevolent entities & have been known to seek out those most sensitive to the supernatural... I personally know of at least one that follows me and haven't really had an experience where it couldn't drive away from me an entity I felt meant me harm... I've had another friend who's clairvoyant recognize that something was following me she could only describe as a "dark protector" which makes sense as they are basically formless shadow that can shape themselves at will or remain in a formless state.
E-L-I (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
i must also say, no offense, but no one has psychic abilities. There are just things in the world that people can see. Some people might mentally opress it due to trauma, or others just don't like the truth. But everyone is born with the ability to experience and sense the paranormal
E-L-I (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi, I live in america and have had experiences very close to yours, of what I can remember, other than seeing a figure. I live in the pacific northwest in an area that had many native american tribes close to it. Anyway, I grew up for say five years in an old house that my dads mom had built. Previously, my dad had grown up in a house almost fifteen feet away that he had terrible spiritual experiences in. I believe that the site of your home may be a spiritual ritual ground for ANCIENT natives. I happen to be native alaskan, or eskimo and was not effected almost at all by the spirit that was in the house. But, never the less, I happened to be bigger than most kids in kindergarten through fourth grade, bigger than my three year older brother. We would always get into fights like boys do, but at times things were different. At a certain point I gained incredible anger issues, resulting in me becoming uncontrollable. And I know some people have felt extremely angry before, but I mean UNCONTROLABLE. During the day when I was at school, I was perfectly fine, and mediocrely popular you could say, but at home I was almost always enraged. And my life is particularly good, with good parents. Anyway, this older house had been the site of a Nightmarish childhood if I were ever alone. Sometimes I would hear a knock on the door that would almost break it if it had been human, or a shattering clash of pans and then nothing moving in the slightest. I alway investigated, being an annoyed uncontrolled young boy. Then nothing. Then came the day we sold the property and house and got a new home. Literally the second we got in there we were perfectly calm. And we loved it. Then came the day we had to go back. We had to finish cleaning up, and I alost broke my brothers nose I hit him so hard. Soon after we went back, and I in a lot of trouble would have been enraged at the old house, but was barely mad at the new one. But we would have to go back again. My coulsins lived about two blocks up a steep hill that crosses straight through our old property, and basically on our property. One day they went to vacation and my brother and dad had to take care of their dogs. They came back yelling at eachother, then had an uncomprehendable to describe nightmare that they used few adjectives the second they saw eachother and immediately agreed that they had he same nightmare. I believe that what you have is a demon sort of spirit from an ancient religion that will feed off of the emotions of people. If you ever see that you are getting angrier than you should off of something, you will need to leave the property. End up selling it, or anything, but listen to me there is no fixing this problem until you leave it. This is an ancient and powerful spirit that will feed off of you every second it gets the chance to. Practice stress reliefs such as yoga and anger controll, then, if you seem to have odd things happening, leave. Contact me by comment if you decide you may want to leave.
tapisonline (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Hi RhythmSnail,

My name is Joe and I am a Psychologist and co-founder of The Australian Paranormal Investigation Society. If you are still experiencing events of a distressing nature and wanted someone to look into it for you, do not hesitate to contact my team and I. (Look us up on Facebook or www.tapis.id.au) Hope all is going well at your end.

Joe
Violet_Ramirez (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
What your describing sounds like a soul sucker. I'm not sure of the technical term. Basically, they are small child sized demons, sometimes with long stringy hair, sometimes in cloaks with faces hidden. They have black holes rather than eyes, though few have claimed to see glowing red.
Soul suckers or whatever you want to call them, have the ability to paralyze you. They are very bad. Very serious. They sometimes pretend to be children so people lower their guards and think "awww its a poor child who is lost." and rather than exorcise, leave the "child" alone. When doing this routine, they will exact their dark-side by making you think there is a separate "evil adult entity that the poor child is scared of".
You'll notice plenty of people tend to fall for that though. Watch any ghost show, read any true ghost book, or read any forum.
Either way, this entity is bad. Some how, someway it was invited in. You need to see if its haunting you or your home. Then you can work on cleansing. Not to mention keeping it from returning.
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
Well, do you think that there a number of entities in your house, or just the one? Because it sounds like there might be a couple. You said your mom's side of the family is sensitive... If they come over, do they sense anything? Do you and your mom talk about it as well? It really sounds like at least one is malevolent. I would recommend you watch your back and try not to acknowledge them. Good luck with it.
envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
It doesn't sound like your everyday spirit it seems like a demon. I have had many experiences like that. I have psychic abilities like you. There could be an enterance to the spirit world that leads to earth as well in that house. Here is an example. (This really happened to me) If you have heard of the demonic one called Marie Lavo then you have an idea of what I am saying. A few months ago I was on my computer and minding my own business when I felt a sensual vibe come in my room. Then I heard the voice of a feminine saying come and she began waving circles around my head. At the time I was talking to my friend (another psychic as i) she said it could be a spirit by the name of Marie Lavo. She explains that she had a sensual background but when she died she was damned to hell. She was now Satanic. She gave me a word to say (dont remember it now) I said it and my throat began to burn. She said it was the effects of saying the word. After I said it I heard a very screechy voice say,"I will avenge you!""I will return!" "You'll all see! You'll all see" Then for about 2 hours I heard her horrid laughter. The memory haunts me to this day.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
In my home, there are several distinct ghosts, but they come and go and so do others. Spirits appear to psychics when they need help crossing over. Usually if you ask the spirit to kindly leave you be for the moment, they will. I've never had an issue with this, so if you ever encounter a ghost and they scare you, although I'm sure that isn't primary objective, ask them to please leave you alone.

Demons and shadow people are another story. In some cases demons may take the form of a child because they are considered by most to be innocent, and that aids them in luring in victims. I'd say perhaps the child like creature was a demon, but the last entity you described sounds benevolent. As a psychic you need to train yourself to be calm when in the presence of such beings so that you can sense their energy and discern whether they are good or bad.

They've never attacked or phsically harmed you, correct? In that case I think you'll be alright. Hope this was of some use.
Adolphos (62 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
It is a ghost. There is an equipment that can rid a house or a person of a negative ghost or demon, costing 150 USD:
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
jinks (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I read your story and the other comments with great interest. It's definately very frightening and the stuff horror films are made of. However I do not understand why you have not spoken to your mother. I would have been banging on bedroom doors if it were me also why don't you talk to a priest? Have the house blessed but first of all I would be down at the church speaking to a man of God. If I were you I would also pray very sincerly for guidance and protection. Wear a crucifix and believe in what it stands for and see a Priest.
yamazaki (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
That was freaky - I had goosebumps.
I agree with the others. As soon as this happened, I would have gone straight to mum and asked what happened. Or, perhaps you can research it yourself (through the news or something, maybe?). Might help if your mum won't tell you what happened.
As for the spirit itself, I don't know if it's a demon or not, personally. Freaky, yes, but maybe it had something to do with the house's past. If a child lost its life there, maybe it couldn't fully manifest itself to you - because of lack of energy or what have you. Still would scare me half-to-death, mind you!
As for the thing at the computer, I don't really know - it could be something else. Perhaps if you took careful note of where in the house you have certain feelings (good, bad, or neutral), you might be able to figure out by the feeling if it was this child-being or not?
Ishmael9100 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
First of all, may I just say that, that was a very well written story and certainly a terrifying one. I was on the edge of my seat (literally). From when you said that this child-like demon figure was standing by your door, somehow I knew it was going to dart in front of your bedside and look you right in the face. I know that if any demon figure done that to me, I would get soo unimaginably scared it's impossible to describe. That hits #1 on my "Scared To Death" list.

It was probably a demon of some sort, like others has said, it was feeding on energy as it had not enough energy to fully manifest itself. Figures like that are out for trouble. Stay right away from ghosts like that. Those are the types that have the power to take full possession of you, and even harm you, if it has the power to. Remember, Demons aren't people who once lived, they are ghosts from an evil force, the Devil. Try to find out the history of that place, maybe that'll clear up some things for you. Wow, I'm so scared imagining that demon face coming up to you...that's probably the scariest thing I can experience.

I respect you highly because of how you dealt with your experience, I probably couldn't take that much fright.

Ishmael9100.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Whoa that tipped the scale on my fearometer 😨! The way you described this entity made me feel like I was staring right into it's face too. 😭 I agree with the others, you need to find out exactly what happened to the previous owners. Then I would get a medium or demonologist in to let you know exactly what it is and how to get rid of it. Good luck and keep us posted. Stay safe.
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
That sounds pretty scary, I just posted my story with some similar experiences. I did omit though that something similar to what you experienced sat at the end of my bed looking at me. I crapped myself and dove under my covers, heart racing. I believe these things are demonic based on my own experiences. I got myself baptised, and in my case, it all left me alone since then. Coincidence or not I don't know.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
wow.
What a horror that must have been. No advice to give you on this... Wanted to comment on how frightening this story was.
I hope there is not a repeat of it... But it seems to have been a recent encounter. One thing, I would demand to know what Mum knows of that house. You mentioned her holding info back... Prob has much to do with what you went through.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Your story is very interesting and very well written. I have never read a story like this.

I think what scares us all is the unknown and the unnormal. Something out of the rythm of everyday life because we can't associate ourselves with it and we can't associate a figment of expectation. Your spirit to me is unclear, demonic energy in my opinion is rare and very distinctive and I think you'd really know if you had a demon.

I think what you have is a spirit lacking energy. The faded shadow tells me this as a full manifestation has not occured showing to me anyway a lack of energy, energy it chose to take from you by producing an element of fear, which is naturally a very powerful emotion. The energy you transmit from fear feeds the being.

However tackling this from all sides as I only have the information that your story gives, if it was a denomic force of some sort the most dangerous thing it could do would be to present a benevolent nature to hide its manevolent plans. Be careful. I can't imagine this spirit is a possitive one, usually it is the negative beings that feed on negative emotions such as fear.

This is just my opinion, people'll probably disagree with me. Thanks for sharing your story.
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Dude. Does not sound good at all. Gaping mouth, scream and no eyes.

If you haven't yet, you might consider praying for help. Do something, tell the damned thing to leave. Shadow people might be first step to infestation.

Can you find out what happened to previous tenants? Is mom aware of what you saw. Little bastard.

Read him some bible stories. Like revations return of Christ, devil thrown into hell. They like that

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: