You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Helpful People, Those Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Helpful People, Those Ghosts

 

Normally, when people tell ghost-stories about things that happened in their houses or something they've seen on pictures, I'm not really sure whether to believe them. I'm rather a non-believer, let's say, but in a certain way I believe that there is a world next to ours. And I don't mean this in a religious or spiritual way or something (not really religious either), but it's because of something that happened to me.

It all began when I was about 11 years old. Then, at that time, me and my two sisters still shared a room. One evening, nothing seemed odd, went to bed as usual and got to sleep easily. My younger brother was sleeping over at my grandparents house, and also one of my sisters.

Sometime at night something strange happened. I can't even say whether I was asleep or awake, or even if my eyes were open or not. But clearly three bubbles of white light moved through the bedroom. The strange thing was that, even though these bubbles were so shiny, it didn't reflect on the walls or didn't make any shadows. They came closer to me, but I didn't feel frightened. On the contrary, I was very relaxed. Then suddenly, these orbs kind of 'exploded' and formed a figure. A white, shiny figure. Later I realized I never saw that persons face, because he/she had no face or any other body shapes, just the outline of a body you would draw on paper. It was just a figure made out of pure white. On that moment it didn't feel weird that that 'person' wasn't like me or any other person alive.

But the best part had yet to come. The figure leaned down and said something in a really soothing, deep voice. It was just like a mother's voice when talking to her baby. But the voice was neither male, nor female. It was weird. He/she called my name, twice, in a tone which you use to wake someone, and then said: "You need to wake up. Your youngest brother is ill, he's crying. Go help him. Wake up."

And indeed, I fully woke up, got out of bed and ran downstairs. My little baby brother was crying his lungs out because of the pain. Quickly I got him out of his bed and went to the bedroom of my parents. They called the house-doctor. She said it was a normal children's disease, but it was far more worse than she had seen in many years. She was shocked, just like my parents, that something like that could become so bad in just one day, or let's say night.

It was not until a few days later I realized what really happened that night. That figure really did something good and helpful. Without his/her help my brother would have been crying maybe for hours until someone woke up (no one could hear him because that room was on the other side of the house). I still don't know why it came to me, and not my sister or one of my parents, but I'm really grateful for that.

From then on, on moments I least expected it, I heard my name and sometimes even a command. There was a time at secondary school, a voice shouted my name and told me to move one step aside. And yes, not one moment later a football flew right next to my ear. And I know sure it wasn't one of the boys who said it, because it was a more mature female voice which called. But nowhere a woman or girl in sight.

I told this to one of my friends and she said it was just something I made up and laughed at me. Since then, I didn't want to say it to anyone. But somehow, a few years later, my mom told me a similar story, which she hadn't told to anyone. When she was pregnant of her second child, my younger sister, she made a walk around the block like she usually did. While she was crossing the street, a heavy loaded truck ignored the red light and turned right to where my mother was crossing the street. Everything happened in slow motion, she curled herself into a tight ball and waited for the hit to come, she already admitted that she was as good as dead. But suddenly a voice just shouted into her head "JUMP! NOW!". She did and miraculously she did survive without a single scratch. I'm sure that this wasn't the only time something happened...

That night she also told me that she had the feeling my grandmother (her mother) could feel things coming or feel if something wrong were about to happen. And that my grandmother's mother could see her dead husband (on her death bed, she talked to someone and clearly said 'Tell the others I'm coming soon. It won't take long anymore. I love you, my dear husband.' My mother was the one who sat with her that moment)

Maybe it runs in the family... I don't know, but I'm grateful that I'm one of the lucky ones to experience this.

BTW: sorry if my English is bad. If questions, please, feel free to ask...

Other hauntings by Silvarina

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Silvarina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Thanks for sharing your experiences! That is pretty wild. I am glad that you were able to get to your brother and get him help quickly. Your mom is really lucky to be alive, too... You are fortunate to have a relative or a guardian spirit watching over you. Take care!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
What a beautifully written story, Silvarina, thanks for sharing. Wow! You are really lucky to have had these warning experiences, you pretty much saved your brother's life because of what the Spirit told you. Well done for such a wonderful story. Your English is quite good.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Foxglove (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
these sort of guardian spirits are a very interesting genre of experience! The first thing I thought of in your case was the Norse Fylgjur. Usually they're defined as animal-like but they may take various forms. I have a feeling similar folkloric definitions exist in other cultures. What does Belgium have to say? Ancestral and/or recently deceased relatives are a strong contender, especially in the story regarding your brother since it was a family intervention. Maybe the two concepts are one in the same. Who knows?! Something to read about.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Hi Silvarina, Thank you for sharing your story with us. I really enjoyed it. I am going to agree with the others. This seems like a guardian who perhaps is a relative from the past who is watching out for you and your family. It's kind of hard to say why a spirit will chose to appear to one person and not another. You could have a gift that has been passed down in your family. Either way, I'm glad that your brother got the help he needed and is ok. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
(1) Welcome to the site.
(2) Your English is really good. Don't worry, on this site we are like friends and family, we will let you know if your English is bad! 😆
(3) Like the other posters, you have a guardian angel that is helping you out. Also talk to your siblings about what happened and see what their experiences are.
(4) I hope your brother is okay now and is feeling better.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Hi Silvarina, Your english is really good I had to look back to the top of the story to see where you came from as I would not have noticed you are not a native english speaker. Really enjoyed the story it sounds like a guardian angel to me. I agree with darkness I would ask your siblings if they have had any experiences it sounds like it may run in the family. I hope you have more to share 😊 Gizzy
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Silvarina: Welcome to the site, it seems as though you have a gift that runs through your mothers side, you should watch to see wether your sisters and even your brothers have any experiences aswell. Its kind of precognition or you have a gaurdian angel, either way this truly excellant. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
AnimalAngles (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
You have great English! I think the ghost is you and your mothers angle. My Grandma has the same type of thing but if she lose's her glasses or something she will go to sleep and it would be on the table in the morning. I think the ghost just likes you and your family and it cares about you. ❤
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
That is a really interesting story. Your english seemed perfect to me. Didnt have any trouble reading it.

Sounds to me like you got a guardian angel or something like that following you around.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: