You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: An Unknown Roomate, or an Old Friend?

Real Ghost Stories

An Unknown Roomate, or an Old Friend?

 

An unknown roomate, or an old friend? I've been trying to think of an answer to that question for a while now, at least two years since the death of my high school friend in December 23rd 2005. Since then, I've apparently adopted a new roommate in my families home, in my own room. I share a room by myself, or so I thought. The last time I saw my friend was the last day of school before the Christmas Holidays. I'll admit it, she wasn't popular, then again, neither was I. We had the same problems though with friends, that we talked about. We only had one class together, but I see here before classes start at the beginning when we're switching rooms, or on break. I never really spent time with her outside of school, wish I did.

On the 22nd she was in a car accident with her mom, they were on their way to a relatives house for a christmas party. Her dad stayed home, don't remember why, but I thank god sometimes he did. They weren't very nice to the girl that died. They made fun of her behind her back, at least two out of five of them did anyways. Three of us just thought they were being mean to her. After the holidays was the funeral. The two friends that weren't nice to her spoke. I couldn't believe what they were saying, so I said something different that was actually meaning something. Her family and friends appreciated all of us speaking. That Christmas, I wasn't even happy. My aunt was over, and wasn't sure what was wrong with me. My dogs were trying to make me laugh and same with my parents, my other aunt and Uncle came over for dinner, I love christmas dinners, however I didn't even eat, haven't for three days.

About a month later, my roommate happened to appear. When I was sad, I'd hear a voice saying "don't be sad." When we were back, my teacher asked where she was. Again, I heard a voice saying "Go on, tell her, it'll be okay." So, I did, the teacher left the room for a few minutes, even when we had a class. I had some odd looks from people "Why'd you have to tell her now?"

I got home that day and balled my eyes out with tears. I felt a hand on my back with the words "You'll be fine." 2 years today, I don't hear those words, but I do feel that I have a another roommate. It feels like the one in 2005, but I'm not so certain. Since I had her picture of her and her mom, and dad sitting here on a little ledge by my floor, the presence was there. It's kina nice knowing maybe she's around (or another one) but, for once I don't want her/him to wake me up at three am in the morning by having a shadowy figure sitting on my chair... Spinning around, like two nights ago.

It took me a year to move on from this accident. It's still buried in the back of my head, I still have all the news paper clippings from every paper about the crash, and her pictures from the paper. I've always wondered if my other friends have this roommate as well. Someone watching over us, my best friend drew a picture of her as our guardian angel. Maybe that's why she's here still?

Other hauntings by ice128

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ice128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Giagee99 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I think it is you're friend looking out for you. Like maybe every once in a while just dropping in to tell you she's doing fine! 😊
kitzy11 (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
I know how how you feel about losing a friend or family member. I was on a hoilday with school and then I got news my Step Grandma had dyed. I hurt me that I wasn't there, and worst I hadn't seen her in years.

kizty11
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
That's a touching story ice128, I'm sure it is her there in your room she's probably watching over you. 😁 ❤ Melonlover
gcelrobert (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
you sure are lucky... You have a friend that watches over you! Stay cool! ❤
ducky493 (11 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
aw I'm sorry about your firend 😭 I lost my great grandma in febury. Shes watching over you like my nanna 😭 so don't be scared if you see charis rocking or shadows on them 😨 cuase I see stuff like that but it gets into my bed and hugs me
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
It sounds to me that she is looking after you. She will go and come back from time to time. But she will always be back when you need her.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-01)
aw I'm sorry about your loss, I know what its like 😭
I would like to think she is there looking out for you ;)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: