You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Field

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Field

 

When I was about 10 years old, a house set deep within a 25 acre field about a quarter mile from my childhood home caught fire and a father and son were killed while asleep. Fast-forward 20 years... the house that was located at the bottom of the hill that made up the vast hayfield has become overgrown with hundreds of trees. It defies logic as there are literally hundreds of trees in a 20 x 30 lot that once was occupied by the house. The trees are literally so close together that you cannot even walk through the patch. There are no other trees in the entire field.

Another interesting note is that there is a noticeable 20 degree drop in temperature at that location. To be exact, two steps away from the location is literally 20 degrees hotter than when stepping into the spot. We ruled out underground springs and vents and drafts from the hill flowing downward. In fact, it is only this 20 x 30 plot in the entire field that has a noticeable temperature shift.

I have taken people to this spot and to their amazement they too felt the sudden drop in temp. Many people over the years used the field as a "make-out" spot by parking their cars there. They all had a sense of being watched while there. The field has since been fenced in preventing anyone from entering with their cars.

I became somewhat complacent about the site but now I feel inclined to finally investigate the site further. And now that I just purchased a home at the top of this hill adjacent to the field, my curiosity is once again peaked.

Other hauntings by ewash

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ewash, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
when you go near a lot of trees the temp does drop but I have a feeling that the father and son make everything cold so then no wood or tree bark set on fire again lol
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Well trees are natural air conditioners. A 10-15 degree difference between a tree spot and no tree spot is normal. But you may wish to do some scientific measurements with a digital thermometer. If it's more that 15 degrees, it's unusual.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi that is really interesting story you have told us try catching something on picture. Good luck and hope for the best. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Ewash, looking forward to your photos and your report on what you discover. Wish I was back home where I could do more investigations. Oh well soon enough.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ewash (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Thanks for all your comments. I, fortunately, have lived within a mile of this place my entire life - wow 38 years! Yikes. Anyway, I have complete permission and access to the site already. I will get some photos shortly to post.
I like the concept that the trees so close together causes a temp drop. That is very true but the temp drop starts about 4 feet from the trees. I hope to do some analysis by next week.
And don't let Shane fool you - we see eye to eye...haha

Sidebar: For those of you that read my recent post on "My Haunt Hates Hard Rock"...My folks called me today and told me some activity started in the house after a 10 year hiatis. I went over and shot some photos in the attic. The results were very interesting. Once I figure out how to post one of them here I'd love to see if you guys see what I see.
Hint: Is it a bit eeire or is it the "Mars Effect"? You'll have to see for yourself...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
I am sure Ewash will conduct a very proffesional investigation. Though he and I don't always see eye to eye we both agree that unbiased and complete investigations should be done in order to determine just what is really happening. I would really like to see photos of the trees and surrounding area myself. Thanks for sharing Ewash.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Could you get some pictures so we can see these trees too? You never know what you can catch with a camera.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
If the trees are very close to each other, then the sun won't be able to penetrate through to the ground, making it damp and cold. So this could account for the sudden temperature drop. But it does sound like an eerie place, I wouldn't like to go there!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Dear ewash,

Please don't forget to get prior permission from the owner's before you enter the private property to do your investigation.

Happy and safe ghost hunting and investigating. --Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
This story is just really interesting. I'd like to know if you've investigated anything else now since you have a home so close by. People who claim to have felt the temp difference or if you have, or anything else? Let us know, okay?
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
you should try doing some EVPs and see if you catch anything.
have you seen or heard anything there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: