You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Asked Me To Take Care Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

It Asked Me To Take Care Of The House

 

Date of encounter: June 15th 2013

Place: Nottingham, UK

Me and my family are moving from Cambridge to Nottingham.

We had seen many houses that day, none of which met any of our standards.

The last one seemed nice, older house with nothing to show at the front but with a beautiful garden absolutely drowning in flowers and bushes. Someone took serious pride in this garden. With having 3 dogs and a cat we wanted somewhere with a large garden for the pups to run. It also had a gate at the back which led to a forest with a public footpath, great for when the cat decides to venture out and for dog walks.

Walking in to the house we were greeted by a man and wife, who shook our hands and started the tour.

The kitchen - fab

The living room - great

3 bathrooms - perfect!

3 large bedrooms - fantastic

So far so good!

I couldn't fall more in love with this home. It was so clean, decorated to perfection. We could move straight in! I needed to ask questions, it all seemed too good to be true.

After sitting with the couple (who were constantly on edge - never smiled once) and asking a few questions we found out a lot about the home. One thing we were told was that the previous owner was an interior designer, she adored the place (which was obvious) and spent almost all of her time in the garden (again very obvious).

During our lousy chat with the miserable home owners I asked to use the bathroom, they both looked like they wanted to say no but I just took myself off anyway. I wanted to use this opportunity to snoop around freely. I didn't really find much, so I just nipped off to the bathroom before anyone got suspicious.

As I turned to close the bathroom door something caught my eye, I automatically felt like I had to be still. With my hand still on the handle, I looked slowly to my right. I stared heavily at the shower screen trying to make out what I could see in the reflection. It looked like someone was sitting on the toilet seat behind me. I'm used to this though, I am a real scaredy cat and my eyes often play tricks on me. So I braved it and spun around - just as I thought, there was nothing.

I sat down on the toilet seat, it was almost warm which threw me off because the room was so cold. I was speedy as I felt really uncomfortable, I tried my best to hurry up and get out of there.

As I went to leave I saw something in the shower screen AGAIN. I knew it was a spirit/ghost or whatever you want to call it. I just knew. My legs wouldn't go, I stood completely frozen staring straight at it in the reflection. Tears started to form and my whole body started shaking, I was cold but started sweating like crazy. The room became so quiet, I could hear my heart beating, I wanted to burst out of my chest. It felt like I was there for hours. I heard a door close from elsewhere in the house, followed by footsteps. The 'thing' jolted, as did I. Just before I grabbed the handle to leave I heard it say 'look after my house'.

I ran down the hall and was met by my Son who had left to see if I was ok. He looked at me, worried. 'Mum what's happened? What have you done?' I took his hand and hurried back to the Kitchen to say our goodbyes. My husband offered to drive back home as I was too shaken. After telling my family what had happened we have decided to stay in Cambridge.

I felt like I dreamt the whole thing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hannah705, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
At least you found out before you moved in. Unlike a lot of others. 😊
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
wow your narration is so real... The way you described the house to me it seemed just about a perfect home sweet home and what I think about the ghost that she was the late interior designer and ofcourse she was very attached to the house she decorated so beautifully so she was just doing her job guarding the house she didn't seemed to be evil type you should have bought the house maybe you two would have become great friends who knows 😁 but I understands the situation you were in. As the saying goes PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE. ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
I have to agree with the other comments on here. This Spirit didn't seem to be a bad Spirit, she was merely asking you if you could "Look after my house". I don't think that you should've felt threatened by this Spirit. After all, Spirits are constantly all around us in everyday life. But, that's just my opinion.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
I agree, this lady paid you the most sincere of compliments. She probably could sense that you loved the house at least as much as she did.

In a large way, it's too bad you didn't take the ghost up on the offer, you may have had a pleasant haunting experience afterwards. Yes, those do exist, it's not always a bad thing to be haunted.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
I agree with miricles, why wouldn't you want the place after such a compliment? Good luck.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Hannah705 - I realize this encounter obviously frightened you into not buying the home, so my thoughts and opinion aren't going to matter or sway you one bit, but here they are anyway.

I think the previous home owner "checks out" potential buyers to make sure they are the perfect fit for her home. You loved the home, right? At least up until you saw what you saw and became scared. My opinion, for what it's worth, is she thought your family was the right fit. Afterall, she told you to "look after" her house.

I honestly believe she might not have made herself known to someone she didn't want to buy her home OR made herself VERY known in other ways that may have persuaded them that her house wasn't for them.

Like I said, just my opinion. If you and your family haven't found another home, my best to you. House hunting can be a pain.

Thanks for submitting your story and welcome to YGS 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: