You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Past Few Years

Real Ghost Stories

The Past Few Years

 

Sorry in advance if there is any grammar errors. I typed this up early in the morning and I hadn't slept for at least 24 hours.

So, I seriously have NO idea how to start this off. My last update was in 2010 and I think this is way overdue. I don't know where to begin so I'll begin with my last memories.

I do believe it was near the end of 2010 when I moved to my apartment with my mom and her boyfriend right down the road from the house (check previous stories). Everything was just fine and I was comfortable sleeping again. I didn't feel like I was being watched.

Now after the holiday's, that changed. All of a sudden things were being moved such as car keys. We had a spot on the side of the kitchen cabinets where we ALWAYS hung them up. When we'd go back to get them not even 20 minutes later, poof. They were just gone and found in the most absurd places such as under the bathroom sink or behind the couch. We had a cat but the keys were hung up at least 7-8 ft off the ground and the cat is the laziest animal ever, so there was no way he would waste his energy trying to get something that didn't appeal to him in the slightest. Even if he had, we would have heard the noise of the keys but nothing. Not a sound. Just gone.

Later on we started to see shadows in a straight path hallway where nobody was. We were on the second floor, away from the normal path of neighbors so it wasn't someone simply passing by a window. Plus, there was no windows. The only window that can be seen from the hallway is the balcony glass doors and we kept the blinds closed for the most part.

Even though we were used to these occurrences, it startled us because we honestly thought we were "free" from that. Wrong.

During the course of the time we lived there (until around April 2012), I stayed at my grandparents' a lot because I grew up at this house and I didn't feel right anywhere else. I enjoyed the comfort of my grandparents considering me and my mom started having a bad relationship. It seemed like she grew way more hostile after the move to the apartment. I did my best to distance myself during school time so I could focus on graduating.

So I made the attic my room. I mean, besides the creepy factor, who wouldn't? It was nice and big, big screen TV, my own privacy. I was in heaven. But there was nights that scared me half to death. The fact I'm sitting in the attic right now as I type this sends chills down my back because I'm remembering all of those nights.

I remember one night when I was lying in bed on the computer, chatting with friends, I had the television on in the background for noise so it wasn't so quiet. I hate dead silence. Freaks me out. Well, all of a sudden I realized there was no sound from the TV anymore. I looked up, and everything was off. There is no auto shutoff unless it's on a standby channel and I had it on to my comcast channels and such. There was no power outage or shortage. Nothing. It just cut off. Okay, fine. Sometimes those things happen for no reason because it's electronics, what do you expect? Anyways, I left alone and just turned on some music.

Well, a few hours later, guess what happens. Yeah, the TV just randomly turned back on. Cable box and all. Now that freaked me out. There was no way that a TV could manually power itself on after being shut off. I know I didn't accidentally hit the remote because it was a foot or two away from me. Okay, I let it go. Once again, electronics. Never know what's going to happen with them. But that wasn't the only time it happened. It happened several other times in a course of 6-8 months. All spaced out. It could happen in 2 days, 4 weeks, 2 months. It didn't seem to have a consistency.

I won't waste a lot of your time with the normal misplacing items, random sounds of people walking up the stairs, etc. Instead, I'll skip ahead to the beginning of this year, 2013. My friend at the time was staying the weekend with me so we were just chilling one night and all of a sudden, my dream catcher that hangs at the end of my bed due to a sloped roof so I can't have it directly above me, just started spinning. There was no significant air flow or anything because we tested everything. Even a fan blowing at high doesn't affect it, even right now. I have my fan next to my bed set on high and not a budge. It's at the same position as that one night. Even when walking around it, nothing. And it wasn't consistent. It would turn halfway, hold, then release. Sometimes it would only turn a little bit, then all the way around, hold it like that for a minute, the it would be released and swing back in place.

It did this for awhile and we decided to get out my phone to try and get something with it and long behold, there was this BRIGHT white glob of substance that showed up around the dream catcher. My lens was clean and nothing could have made that shape. And I wish to God I had it but a couple days later, my phone messed up and everything went haywire. A perfectly good phone, just malfunctioned. I never dropped it or anything. It was practically brand new. And yes, all of my data had been completely erased. Sure it doesn't really prove anything but there's not much else to go on. I did my best to figure out what was happening that night but never could. And it still randomly does it. It's rare though.

Another experience that happened prior to the dream catcher took place in the woods by the apartment I had been staying in. It was a nice secluded area that was very hard to get into due to the large amount of foliage. I went back there one day with my friend after school to just chill out since it was nice day. We took our cameras because we were both into photography and decided that we could get some nice shots out of this "undisturbed" area. I say undisturbed because there was really no way into the place from either side. There was stuff around the outside but farther in, it was completely untouched. Nothing had been through that part in a long time. Everything was built up so tall and thick you couldn't see a foot in front of you. And there was thousands of thorn bushes. Not to mention all the spiders hanging from the trees.

One thing threw us off though. At the bottom of this 5ft drop, there was a huge hole that looked like manhole, but bigger. And the top was rather large a bulky. Like, go out on the sidewalk and look at a manhole or just pull up a picture on Google to get that image in your head. Now, this cover was at least 2 foot thick of iron. I mean, it was HUGE. Plus, it had to be about 3 times bigger than a manhole cover. Sure, it could be a sewage drain, etc. The thing is, the top was off, in the middle of a large, thick set of woods that was practically impossible to navigate. And it was just there, top thrown off, cobwebs encasing the whole drop. Yes, we decided to take a peak and look over the edge. It was about a 20ft drop to the bottom and it had small prongs attached to the side so you could climb down. Nobody had been down recently since the whole top of it was covered in undisturbed webs. At the bottom though, kind of freaked us out. It appeared to be a large tunnel system. It went 2 different ways which were large enough to almost completely stand up in, or so it seemed.

At this point, we were a bit freaked out. Maybe it was something we shouldn't mess with so we stood around and contemplated what to do. So, we sat on a large rock to catch our breath and decide where to go from there. Around this rock were large trees, but not like a normal Oak or something. They had skinny trunks but not skinny where they could be moved easily. There were still pretty thick and bulky. Well, anyways, we were sitting on this rock and my friend kept insisting that he heard something. After several minutes, he was starting to get really freaked out. Now, this is coming from a guy who loved anything spooky or creepy. He didn't get scared easily. After he started freaking out a bit, this AWFUL smell hit us. The only way I could describe it is death. It smelled of pure death. No, not of a rotting animal carcass. Worse. About 10 times worse. It made us hurl right on the spot. But it would go away. Then a few minutes later, it would just hit us again. Note that there was no wind whatsoever. At least nothing significant. It would just all of a sudden hit us and we didn't know where it was coming from. We went near the "sewer" and smelled around there. Nothing. We could not find the source at all.

So we were trying to find our way back. Yeah, we got a bit lost since we were so far in. Anyways, upon scrambling around we found something a bit, unusual. A pile of bones. Sure, an animal. But, they were so mutilated and disfigured that we couldn't make it out. It looked like a human but... Different. So at this point we're just freaking out. This all sounds like a cheap horror film but I assure you, this really happened. So, we were rushing around to try and find our way back since it's getting dark out and we have no idea what's going on.

Eventually we found our way back and collapsed in the open field. I remember taking pictures of everything we found so people would believe us. As we were flipping through these pictures, my camera shuts off even though I had just put full batteries in. So we walk back to my place and I get fresh batteries to put in my camera. Well, it comes on but, something is definitely wrong. It shows a white screen with cracks everywhere. But, there wasn't cracks on the screen. Or on the lens. I kept the camera in my pocket, in a cushioned case. I called the company to see if it could be fixed and they were at a loss. They said they never had or even heard of the problem and was unsure what to do. Since my warranty had ran out, there was nothing they could do. Okay, whatever. I have a phone until I get a new camera. Anyways, I get the SD card out of the camera and insert it into the slot on my laptop. I get a error that says it's unable to read it. I tried restarting my laptop, cleaning out the SD card slot, making sure there was nothing wrong with this SD card that was able to be read a hour prior to us going off into the woods. I tried everything to get it working. I used several different computers but nothing. So no pictures, no nothing. I'm left completely empty handed in this situation. I can take a picture of my camera that has the "digital crack" and post it in my next update. It just bothers me.

And now, to tonight. As I'm writing this, there has been a smell all day that seems to just appear out of nowhere then be gone in a matter of minutes. There is no source or anything. We checked the wiring but nothing. Now, my grandfather is very familiar with a lot of electrical problems and such, but he's at a loss for this. He said he only started smelling it around 3am because it woke him up, it was that strong. It smells of a burnt out candle. It's so distinct, but we can't find it. We looked everywhere, outside, the basement, attic, every nook and cranny. Just nothing. And truthfully, its bothering me because it's so strong. Not even air freshener can mask it. It just all of a sudden smacks me in the face.

Truthfully, I'm just sick of this house. But it seems no matter where I go, it follows me. For the past several years, I've been completely harassed by whatever is here and it was fine. But with these new things that seem to be happening, I don't like it.

Other hauntings by Sparkie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sparkie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
This sounds like something really bad.
Smelling bad smelling or burnt things are never a good sign while confronted whith these things. I agree with ChrisB and BattleScars, it's time for a good cleansing, and you don't even need a priest to do it. I am a christian myself but I always say to do things yourself only makes you wiser every day. Although some instances, such as physical harm, would defnitaly require a priest or specialist.

Me on the otherhand, if I feel something bad close by, I get rid of it as soon as possible before anything more majour could happen.
Rook's cleansing method really looks well and sound. You can defnitily use it youself. He recomends Rosemary for cleansing and purifying, Lavender is also a good cleansing and purifying agent if you can't find the other. Sweetgrass, SandalWood and Frankensence is also brilliant ones you could use. And I've heard that 'Dragon's Blood' also works very well as insence.

And I would say that where he says you could use a candle or not, I'd say that you could also use Insence or one of those scented candles (lavender, rosemarry, frankensence, sweetgrass, sandalwood).
EUCALYPTUS is also even used for healing, purification and protection.
Sandalwood and eucalyptus might sound like funny smelling stuff, but trust me, they smell really good actually.
I hope all this information helped. I hope you get rid of it for good.

All the best wishes!
dramirez13 (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
Hi I just made an account because, I wanted to inform you that it is not good that you are smelling something burnt, especially since it is at 3 in the morning. I don't mean to scare you but, I have heard and read many things about demons. Again not to scare you and it may not be that at all but, I read your story and it sounds like something maybe fallowing you around. So if I were you be aware that the more you engage in research, if you plan to do any it can be an invitation. If I were you I would go see a Catholic priest and tell him about your experiences. I hope this helps and God Bless. Reply on these comments if you wish to communicate again I just signed up.
Ladybug- (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Oh wow!... Try putting sea salt at the bottom of your door and windows. Ask Mother God to surround you with the White Light all the time, when you get up in the morning and before goin to bed. Make it a habit as brushing your teeth. Just say "Mother God please surround me with the White Light of the Holy Spirit and protect me from evil and dark entities" and envision yourself in a White Bubble... I hope this helps you.
Stay safe and God be with you.
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
BattleScars,

Thanks! I'll look into it once I get back into state. Right now I'm hopefully free from it for a couple of months.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
i agree a cleansing should help. If you smell that smell again tell the spirit to leave it can not fallow you and must leave you alone. Is there a Chance that this spirit may have been a new one?/Lets say from the man hole?
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I recommend that you do Rook's cleansing method, or you can get a local priest to do a blessing over you and your home.

Best of Luck
Stay Safe

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: