You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Things That Go Bump In The Day

Real Ghost Stories

Things That Go Bump In The Day

 

This event happened around September or October of 2014 while I was staying at my mom's house in Missouri. This was my second trip out there, the other being a year before around the same time.

I would like to start by mentioning the dog they have. He is an European Boxer that is about 2 years old, and never barks unless someone is playing with him. He also never growls.

It was midday, around 3pm, and I was waiting on my mom and her boyfriend to arrive after grocery shopping. She had just called me about 2 minutes before what happened telling me they were just leaving Walmart with the groceries, that they will be home in about 25 minutes. Now, the Walmart they go to is about 20 minutes from the house so there is no way she would be home within just a few minutes. I decided to play a game on my laptop to pass the time. The curtains in my room were open and so was the bathroom blinds (my room has a bathroom which is in the front of the house). From where I am sitting, I can see the whole front yard and driveway which is always useful when you are waiting on someone to arrive or the mailman.

As I boot up the game and am waiting for it to load, I hear loud footsteps in the front hallway and immediately I hear the dog barking, and a few growls thrown in between. He had been lying on the couch in the living room which is adjacent to the front hallway. I listened and heard the footsteps continue into the kitchen, and then there was what sounded like cabinet doors opening and closing, and dishes being moved around. This is quite loud to me as this isn't a large house, so I knew I couldn't be imagining these sounds.

I sat there for about a minute just listening to someone basically rummage through my kitchen while the dog was still barking. My first instinct was to check if they were home but the car wasn't in the driveway so I knew it couldn't be them. Second, it was to think, "Okay, there is an intruder and I could be in the process of being robbed." With that thought, I decided to grab my pocket knife that was on my desk and my phone to dial 911 in case there was indeed someone.

Quietly, I opened my bedroom door and leaned out which would have given me a perfect view into the kitchen. But, nobody was out there. All the sounds had stopped and the dog was walking back into the living room. I found this quite odd because there is no way someone would be able to get out in such little time, especially without me noticing. There is 3 doors that lead outside. The front door, the backdoor that leads into the fenced in backyard, and the door in the kitchen that leads into the garage (garage is also closed during this). Now, I would have seen someone go out the backdoor as it was in my line of sight, and I would have seen someone run down the hallway towards the front door. As for the garage door, there is no way someone would be able to sneak out it without being heard. Any bit of movement and it just squeaks terribly loud.

After realizing nobody was in the house, my next thought was, "Could this have been something paranormal?" I don't live in the house, I only visit for a couple of months at a time so I can't say if it is haunted or not. But after hearing all of that without someone being physically in the house, made me really think about it.

But no, I never saw anything. I only heard, like I said, what sounded to be someone rummaging through our kitchen.

Still quite interesting to me nonetheless considering I have never experienced something on that level.

Other hauntings by Sparkie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sparkie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-03)
Let us know if your family has any experiences! Great story!
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Faith- It's quite alright! I understood it haha (: But as of if they have had any experiences, nothing quite to that level. Just a few unexplainable noises here and there, or just small things happening like doors being opened. I haven't been in touch frequently with either of them as of late so if anything notable has happened, I wouldn't know.

Thank you for the comment!
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Oh my gosh, I didn't even check to see if I miss-spelled anything before I hit publish and I see now that either I, or my phone made a couple of mistakes. I hope you can understand what I meant to say and I apologize. I learned my lesson to check. I promise.
faith1986 (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Interesting story, thanks for sharing. I just have one question for ya.
Did you ask your Mom I'd she has had any experiences like this or anything even not like it? You said you do not live in the house and only visit it but she obviously dies live in it full-time and maybe her boyfriend does too? If you have not asked them, are you able to? It would be interesting to hear if they have had any experiences. Thanks!:-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: