You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Laughing Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Laughing Shadow

 

I just started on this site and even though I have had many things happen to me, I'll start with the one that has scared me the most.

First, just a little history. I was in Mexico, living in a town that was founded 102 years ago, and before that was only forest. I also found out that it was a route people used to travel from town to town and because of that many people were killed there.

To start, I was 10 when it happened. I was laying in bed reading a book and after a while I just put the book down and started to doze off. It was kind of hot that night so I decided to sleep on the floor since it was a lot cooler. I put a blanket on the floor and laid down to sleep. After what seemed like seconds, I start hearing someone walking around me. It sounded like they had boots on. I thought I was dreaming and thought nothing of it, but the sound continued and I knew I was awake now. I opened my eyes to see if someone was there, but nobody was there. I immediately jumped on my bed, and covered myself with a blanket. I guess I fell asleep, because next thing I knew I was opening my eyes and it was morning.

That same week it started to rain really hard and the ceiling in my room started to leak. My parents had to make a temporary patch until the raining stopped and could be repaired, until then I had to sleep in my brother's room.

My brother had two single beds, each one against either side of the room. At the foot of my brother's bed was the bathroom door and outside, next to the door, was an extra chair we had in the room in case we needed it when we did homework.

On the first night that I slept there, it was still raining pretty hard. I felt a bit comfortable knowing I wasn't alone in the room, but as I dozed off I started to feel as if someone was watching me. I opened my eyes and looked at my brother. I thought maybe he wasn't asleep yet, but he had his back to me and was asleep. I decided I was maybe being a bit paranoid, so I just laid back down. As soon as I closed my eyes I started to hear the footsteps again, and it sounded exactly the same as when I was in my room. This time I didn't open my eyes, because I knew that if I opened them I wouldn't see anyone there.

After a while the footsteps stopped and I felt a bit better, but my feeling of being watched became stronger. I opened my eyes and sitting in the chair next to the bathroom was someone dressed completely in black. He just sat there without moving and all of a sudden he started to laugh quietly and started to laugh louder and louder. I was scared out of my mind, but I couldn't stop looking at the shadow figure. I couldn't move either. I was frozen in place. It wasn't until a flash of lightning from the storm filled the room and after the flash was gone, so was the figure.

I jumped off the bed and turned the lights on. I searched the room and the bathroom and found that nobody was there. My brother woke up and asked what I was doing. I told him what happened and he only replied that he didn't hear or see anything, not even the loud laughter. He told me to turn the lights off and go back to sleep. I turned the lights off and as I passed by the window, I saw a figure walking away from my house. It was the same shadow figure in the chair. I continued to stare for what seemed like hours until the shadow turned around. His eyes glowed red and all of a sudden he started to sink into the ground. Shocked at what I saw, I just ran to the bed and hid under the covers until morning.

I went to check the spot where I saw the shadow sink, but there was nothing different about the area. I never saw the shadow figure again after that.

Other hauntings by JaimeMGJ

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeMGJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SereneLamb (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hello my name is lamb and I loved your story jamie and I would love to narrate your story I am trying to make a horror YouTube channel that is a mix of urban legends and scary stories from people experiences so please contact me back on here thank you ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
about the post below. If your cousin in the bathroom is pulling the door to open, and your outside the room also pulling the door to open- it would only make sense that you're both pulling the same door against each other. At least that is how it reads.
Glad to hear you're living in the states now.
jennybear772 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
The red eyes make me think demon, but at the same time, it isn't persistent enough.
JaimeMGJ (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Thanks for all your comments, as for the history of the are where it happened in mexico (I live in illinois now) it was just forest and hills before the town started, its based near a dormant volcano. There was a river there, but it has been dried up for over 50 years, and the shadow didn't say anything but laugh, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Llorona. I have never told any of my family memebers of what happened that night. But before that night, over things happened while my father was building the house, strange sound I couldn't explain, things were not where we left them.
The strangerst thing that happened before the night the shadow appeared, was a cousin came to visit and stayed at our house, the house wasn't finished yet, she stayed in the guest room. We were watching tv and she went to the bathroom, about five minmutes past when I heard a door slam shut and my cousin scream. I ran to the bathroom and I see my cousin trying to pull the door open, the door didn't have a handle or anything so it couldn't have been stuck like that, I started pulling the door until finally it opened and my cousin ran out the bathroom. I checked on her and when I felt she was better I went to check the bathroom. I closed the door and see if maybe it got stuck or somethiing, but it didnt. I checked inside the bathroom, and found nobody inside. Other things have happened in that town in mexico, I will write them another time.
lion_king99 (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Wow! Truly creepy story. Did you talk about this to any other family member?

Regards,
Lion_king99
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
Jamie, that was so diferent it was hard to follow. I agree with researching the history. Also, every culture seems to have its version of nature spirits or elamental spirits, (even the Bible talks about God speaking to the wind,) would it have been an elamental?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
NorthCoastie: La Llorona appears close to the water (lakes, rivers, etc) and always wailing "Ay, mis hijos!" (Oh, my children!) calling for her dead children whom she drown.

Jaime: where in Mexico did you have this experience? -perhaps this apparition was an "alzado" from the revolution war. Do you know the history of the place?

Bienvenido a YGS, espero leer mas de tus experiencias! (Welcome to YGS, I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences!)
Mowcatz (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Thank you for sharing your story, well atleast it never returned, I know I would have been scared to death. I'm glad the demon never hurt you and maybe that's all it wanted... To give you a scare.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
You live in Mexico right? Are you sure this spirit was a "he"? Perhaps it was La Llorona, the wandering ghost?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
I have a difficult time thinking this was a demon. They tend to be more persistent than this was. They usually stick around causing trouble instead of disappearing after giving one good scare.
The rainy weather is an interesting detail. Rain and storms put a lot of energy into the environment. That extra energy can make it easier for entities to manifest, as it acts as a sort of battery for them. Since you make no mention of seeing this entity again I think it may have just been passing through and borrowed enough energy from the rain to make itself known. Just my thoughts on it. 😊
Nilyn (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
That's so creepy! To me, it seemed like a random demon visiting that just tried to get a scare out of you. But I wonder what others think! I'm glad it never returned 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: