You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is This The Beginning Of Astral Projection?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This The Beginning Of Astral Projection?

 

I have been experiencing strange happenings lately. But most of all, I am concerned with this particular subject. I work shift work so my sleep schedule is completely messed up. I basically sleep when I can. Sometimes, however, it can take me a while to fall asleep.

I am sure everyone has had instances when they are so tired but can't quite fall asleep. Well, it's a little similar to that. I get to a state where I am asleep but it seems I am still conscious of what is going on. It is while I am in this state that my entire body starts to tingle, sort of like how your foot feels after you've been sitting on it for sometime. I almost feel as if I am in a lucid dream, but I can feel and hear. I can see also but it's like I am seeing from a dream because my eyes are closed. The only problem is it is extremely hard to move my limbs. I wouldn't go as far as saying I feel paralyzed because I can still move, it's just not very easy.

I have read some articles from astral projectors who speak of this tingling feeling while they are in this same state when they first started to astral project. I am unsure what is causing this and I don't believe this is something caused by exhaustion (which is what the doctor said) because it just doesn't "feel" right.

Personally, I have no wish to be able to astral project because, quite frankly, it scares the hell out of me. I have read too many articles speaking of the negative entities that can be encountered and I, for one, do not want to come into contact with any.

I could really use some advice on the matter, so all comments are welcome. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Lesleighra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lesleighra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
Question to all you astral projectors: How do you know the difference between a dream and if you really are astral projecting? The reason I ask this is because just the other night I was almost into a deep sleep when all of the "symptoms" I mentioned in my account started happening. I felt like I was literally vibrating. I couldn't open my eyes, but I could see myself sleeping. Anyone have any suggestions?
Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Thank you all for your comments. I do agree that I need to see a different doctor to get a sencond opinion. I also agree that I need to rule out any sort of health problem before I jump to conclusions. I agree with you aussiedaz as I can scare myself into thinking too much. It is probably from my lack of a normal sleeping pattern. I just thought I would ask on this site because of all the stories I have read, some of you guys that comment seem to be very knowledgable in a lot of different areas of the paranormal. So once again, thank you all and if something more comes of this, I will be back 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Lesleighra,
I agree with the others, the tingling sensation could well have a medical reason, so a second opinion is in order. It could also be ASMR - Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. ASMR is a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs. But there have been reports of it starting else where in the body as well. Many hypotheses have been offered on the cause and mechanisms behind ASMR. These include both scientific explanations and spiritual or paranormal ones. I've done some reading up on it, and it seems to me (so I could be wrong) that it could be related to the breathing we do in a relaxed state. When you are in that tween state of awake and asleep, or during meditation, or listening to certain sounds or movements, the breathing tends to get deeper and more rythmetic. During our waking hours, most of us breath differently, the result is more oxygen being brought in (energy) and the oxygen starved nerves responding.
On the other hand; you could be lying in away that puts pressure on your sciatic nerve, and causing circulation problems. Might try flipping your mattress, as well as getting a second medical opinion.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Lesleighra - I'm going to be on the other side of the "tingling" fence here. I experience tingling frequently and have for probably two years. It started out in just my hands, but now has progressed to my entire body. Especially when I am laying in bed meditating and have my chakras opened, or am in the process of opening them. I believe it's the energy in my body. I can't explain that how that works, though 😆 My little boy is also like this.

As with anything unknown though, especially to do with our bodies/minds, as elfstone suggested make sure it isn't physical. Seeing a doctor could put your mind at ease and also let you know whether what you are experiencing is something "different."

I also agree with aussiedaz's comment. Our minds can convince us of pretty much anything, as is supported by many stories on this site.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I have had many experiences involving astral projecting over a span of 30 years and the tingling sensation is completely new to me I have to say? But an interesting observation in regards to one of my sons who reported a tingling sensation in his attempt to astral project based on what he read too leads me to think the same is happening to you? Our sub conscious mind is an all mighty powerful one and if it believes the tingling sensation is part of the process for you to project yourself?...then it will transform itself in that way to get that result?... The problem you are having is due to your broken sleep patterns my friend... We have a little gland in the back of our brain called the pineal gland and this gland has the job of putting us to sleep and waking us up... It is also my own belief, that this gland is what some refer to as our third eye?...basically responsible for putting us into a spiritual state of mind and because you are not sleeping as regular as you like, you are in a way floating in between states of consciousness... Where your reality can take a ride sometimes not with your conscious desire or consent but often on what frightens you the most? And if you fear leaving your body you may be challenging yourself to do so?...that may not make sense to you but fear triggers a lot of these accounts including sleep paralysis... You need to overcome the fear of leaving your body first and remove the thought of doing so... Find a way to sleep more sound and stop reading up on anything paranormal especially negative, it may stop you from having these types of accounts.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Second what lady-glow said! Tingling sensations when you're lying down suggests circulation problems to me. There are all kinds of medical issues that could cause such a thing and I don't think I'd trust a doctor who'd just pass it off as exhaustion without running tests or something. Definitely get a second opinion!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
It would be a good idea to visit a different doctor and get a second opinion, preferentially from a doctor with an speciality on sleep disorders.

I'm not sure if astral projection occurs spontaneously or if it takes a long time of training to develop it, but it is important to discard any health problem before worrying about the paranormal.

Perhaps some yoga or relaxation before going to sleep would help.

Good luck ant thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: