You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady Laughs At Me

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady Laughs At Me

 

I do not plan to write a very long story.

This takes place about four months ago. I didn't know who to ask about my experiences.

One August night around 3 am, I was in my room watching television. I was bored, so I turned off my TV and sat down to use my computer. Right before I opened Google Chrome (take note I was in the fall), I heard a deep, older lady's laugh. This absolutely terrified me. I suddenly turned around in absolute amazement, and proceeded to say "Do it again".

To my utter amazement, there was a second laugh. Only this time, it was deeper, and didn't last as long. I was so terrified, I immediately ran out of my room into my brother's room. I woke him up and told him.

I made sure nobody else was awake at the time or a TV may have been on...nothing. My house was dead silent. I was the only one awake.

Has anybody experienced something like this before?

I have plenty of more stories, keep posted!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Smokedank, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Smokedank (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
*UPDATE* Sorry I forgot I posted this.

I wasn't hearing anything because it was LOUD and incredibly obvious.

It's happened multiple times after.

Nobody, even the Landlord can figure out what would make this noise.

My friend Devone heard it when he was leaning up against my closet door, which is where the noise came from originally. Since then it's been in random places in my room.

My T.V. Was OFF. My room was quiet for almost five minutes, nobody was awake, and it was nearly 4 a.m.

I'm not crazy and I wasn't on drugs. Sober as possible.

I don't know what information I could be leaving out but I'll answer individual questions, because I want to know more about this and if anybody else has experienced this.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
You could always try doing a cleansing, see if it helps.
There is a poster here, rookdygin, whose recipe for home cleansing usually works really well. You can find it by searching the name on this site and it's listed right there on the profile.

I have trouble with lucid dreams/nightmares myself and I know how miserable they can be. Good luck with everything!
Smokedank (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
UPDATE:For about a week, I've been having really Lucid dreams, and I had woke up from the same laugh i've been talking about. I went into the kitchen to tell my mom this story, and her friend Susan was in the room with her. (My mom has a (recent) friend that stays upstairs, which is KIND-OF above my room)...

She stopped me in the middle of the story to tell me that she had lucid nightmares and sleep paralysis at 1:27 a.m. I heard that laugh at 1:40 a.m. What do y'all think.
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
well smokedank,

From looking at your answers you gave the 2nd time, I only can think of 2 things to tell you to establish.One: you said it came from your closet so I would say to see if there's any kind of a vent or the like connected to the outside like possibly someone was outside and the noises came in. Not very likely, again, because the 2nd laugh happened on cue, not very coincidental! Is there an attic above your closet in which the noise could have traveled through from outside and you heard through your closet? (Just a stab in the dark). Two: I would also DEFINITELY try to check out any history of the land use prior to the home being built... You NEVER know! Other than those suggestions, I am at a loss. If it IS paranormal, maybe a spirit COULD be in an attic above your closet if that is the way your house is set up. The very last possibility could be that you may have something that has attached itself to you from somewhere else. Since the story happened, has any other similar experience happened to you either at home or away somewhere else? I would really like to hear from you again with any kind of update on that story or if you have answers to those questions smokedank. Good luck!
Smokedank (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
I'm sorry guys! I forgot that I posted this!

1. I turned off the T.V. Receiver and television.

2. I had no friends over.

3. Everybody was asleep, my mom, dad, and brother.

4. It was not my computer. I had not even opened the Internet browser.

5. It was around 3 a.m.

6. It was clear as-can-be. I heard the laugh twice.

7. It is a new house.

8. It came from my closet.

9. I had a legitimate interaction with whatever it was. I asked "do it again" and I heard a second laugh. But the laugh had a deeper pitch.

10. I was not hearing things. I'm not crazy lol
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
There are a lot of factors missing in your story to try and make an adequate conclusion. How long have you lived there? Has anything similar happened to you there before (it doesn't sound like it, but we need to be certain). Could it be coincidental in relation to your computer in any way? Could there be any outside noises that possibly contributed to what you heard? I must say though, for the laugh to happen the second time on cue, really removes much chance for coincidence! Could you try and be a bit more detailed with the occurrence, then that should help find an answer. Thank you for your story Smokedank, very intriguing!
Callme15 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Are you sure you have turned the tv off properly? It could be on the tv, but not sure if its paranormal. God bless you!
Callme15 ❤
broiquapride (22 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
well I certainly can say there is really nothing to go off of here like if you were doing or watching something funny on t.v but I can that maybe it was just somebody like a friend of yours playing a trick on you because this does not sound like much of a ghost story but I will certainly keep looking into your stories. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Hi Smokedank, welcome to YGS. With the information you have given, it is quite difficult to comment on your experience. What did your brother say about your experience and did you discuss your experience with others in the house and what was their response? You please check up the history of the house and ask your neighbours about any paranormal experiences of this sort, if it had happened in the vicinity. That could perhaps give us more information.

Would like to hear about your other experiences and may be that could give you more information.

Please respond. My suggestion would be if you are regularly having any such experiences, it is better to maintain a journal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Do you know much about your home? Who lived there previously or any deaths? My home has a graveyard near by and my Dads home has a family buried in the woods (from back in the early 1900's). Sometimes I think when the graves are disturbed it can stir up activity. Check into those suggestions and see what you find out. Could be interesting. Please post more experiences as you have them. Good luck:)
Riddhima__ (2 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
umm...cant say much about it!
U kud olso have been imagining thing I suppose 😕 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: