You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nice Sydney House

Real Ghost Stories

Nice Sydney House

 

In 1983 I was living in Sydney. I lived in a terraced house with 5 other people for about a year in Wilson St, Redfern. This house had a front door with and arch window at the top of it. We never used the lounge just inside the front door but instead we used to sit in the next room on a sofa that was under the stair and when you sat on it and looked to your side you could look directly through to the front door.

I have sat many times on this sofa and sometimes from the corner of my eye I could see a person dressed in what to me looked like a white long robe come floating through the door towards me. It did not have any feet coming out of the bottom of the robe, but the rest of the body, hands and head could be seen. I have to admit I could not make out clearly if this figure was in fact a man or a woman.

When I first started seeing it, it would catch my attention and as soon as I turned and looked directly at it, it would disappear. I had seen it quite often and sometimes I would try not to look at it, so as to see how close it would get, then when I looked it was gone.

The closest I remember it coming was only about 8 feet away before I had to look. The total distance to the door from where I was sitting was about 15 feet I would say. As I never wanted put anyone else who was living in the house with me off living there I never said anything about it.

At one time, one of the girls who lived there had her father stay. On the Sunday after he had left she said that he had thought the house was haunted. I knew what I had been seeing but said to her, "What? Why does he think that?" She said that on Saturday night when we were all out and he was home by himself, he said while he was watching TV he said he felt someone touch him on the shoulder. I said, "Oh ok." Nothing more was said about it.

Sometime later we had a friend come to stay. I came home from work one afternoon and found him sitting on the sofa reading a book. I sat down beside him, said Hi and all, then turned on the TV while he carried on reading his book. I was sitting back and he was sitting up and forward, not against the wall like myself. Suddenly he looked up fast past me and straight towards the front door. I thought to myself "hello". I said to him, "What's up?" He said, "I have been sitting here all day and sometimes I swear I", at this point I interrupted him and said, "Don't tell me, you see someone in a white robe come floating through the door"! He looked at me in surprise and said "Yes"! I said, "Well that confirms it because I have seen the same thing on several occasions but have said nothing, but now that someone else has seen the same thing I know now I've not been seeing things"!

We talked about what we had seen between us and I then told him about what the girl's father had said and well, I think he also felt that that must have been connected to what we had seen as well.

This was the only type experience I had had in this house and it never bothered me in anyway as this house always had a nice feeling about it.

We never looked into who this might have been.

John

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haggis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Thanks Revajane. Haha! That makes sense. 😁

Miracles, no worries. 😊
Haggis (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Hi
I have had these 3 events written out fae sometime and I have written one in part sayings in broad Scots only because I lived there fae 10 years and now I write that way with some words, nae other reason.
A personal choice!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Revajane - thanks for helping rjehjen out. I completely forgot she had asked the question. Saw it this morning and by the time I got to work, completely slipped my mind 😆
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
rhejhen - please reread the stories two are like heavy Scottish/Irish influence IE: "One night, I had been asleep but had woken and got up tae get myself a drink of water, this was about 1.30am." or "Would I be face tae face with something that I could nae see as it was so dark or will it just go through me, something I did nae want tae happen fae sure." This story has much better grammer and spelling.
Just showing you some glaring differences.
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
Hi Miracles and Revajane, what's the difference your talking about? Hahaha. I'm really so but I'm confused. I can't see any difference in 3 stories from John. Just curious. 😆
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Oh good I'm not the only one who noticed the difference. Was just about to check names when I saw only one comment and decided to read.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Haggis - a question if you don't mind. I noticed in your other two stories your language is different than in this one. Just wondering why you would submit 3 stories in a row, two much different than the other.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: