You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Sprit Of My Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

The Sprit Of My Cousin

 

Here I am going to narrate a paranormal incident which my mom had experience way back in the summer of 2004. My mother had two sisters, both married. My elder aunty worked in a renowned and one of the high-ranked universities as a senior Librarian. Her husband was lecturer in applied sciences in the same university. She had one daughter named Tanya and a son named Chirag (both the name is changed). Her elder daughter was pursuing engineering from the same university and her youngest son Chirag was in the 12th standard.

My aunty often comes to visit us in her summer vacations. We enjoyed her company as she always had something new to tell like stories or anything new related to the university etc. I especially used to wait for her visit as my aunt carries some authentic and tasty homemade achars (pickles) and murabbas (sweet jam pickle) of which I am fond of.

Coming back to my story, as I have mentioned above that it was summer, my mother used to make some papads (it is a thin, crisp disc-shaped Indian food typically based on seasoned dough made from black gram). One evening, when she gets to the terrace to collect all the papads which were drying up, while climbing the stairs, she saw a black owl which flees from left to right and it sat in one of the cloth hangers in the staircase area which is sign of a bad omen.

My mother gets disturbed from that incident. The same evening somewhere around 7-8pm, she went to the terrace in order to get some fresh air and at the same time she was thinking about that owl incident when she saw her elder sister's daughter Tanya standing about 10-15 feet away from her silently. My mother was full of surprise to see her. She called her and stretched both her hands with joy, but instead of replying, she started walking towards the staircase.

My mother observed that she was rather like floating instead of walking. My mother followed her to the staircase and she was surprised to see that there was nobody in that area. She came down and started looking here and there. We asked my mother regarding what she was looking for. When she told us about what she had seen in the terrace, we all were surprised with a pinch of fear that my mother might have seen a ghost which might have made itself look like our cousin.

But my mother was not convinced with our explanations, she made a phone call to my aunty but she didn't pick up her call. She tries 3-4 time but there was no answer from the other side. My mother thought that she might have been busy or her phone might be in vibrate mode and this could be the reason behind not answering to her. But the same night, we got a tremendous bad news from my father about my cousin as she had committed suicide that evening somewhere around 7 to 8 pm. My father said that he had got that news from one of my aunt's neighbors. We immediately went for Allahabad, a nearby city to Varanasi which is approximately 130 km away. I and my elder brother along with father reached their somewhere around 2 A.M.

Till then her body was taken by the police and had been sent for the autopsy. My uncle said that she had been found dead in her bed. She had taken poison. The reason behind her suicide is still unknown or un-said.

It still shivers my spine when I remember that night when my mother saw her. May be she wanted to meet with her for the last time that is why she had showed herself up just after her death.

Other hauntings by sushantkar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sushantkar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hi sheetal! Thanks for the link. It was really interesting. I truly appreciate you hard work for find it out for me.
Sorry for a delayed reply 😳

Regards
Sushant
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
Hi, Sushantkar I am glad to share one story about that 'Death bird' Luckily I found it on YGS... Please have a look in this...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8981

I think you'll find it interesting...

Regards,
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Looks real story, heart touching. This happen a lots of time.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
No... Sushant there is no need to say sorry. My Dadi shown good interest while searching that bird. Varanasi is somehow few hours away from my home town. I am planning to visit Varanasi. Most probably after my marriage. 😁

Regards,
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
Thanks sheetal for the information provided by you. I am Sorry for your dadi as my reminder put herself involved in this matter unnecessarily.
I resides at Varanasi and not at Mathura that is why I asked you regarding that bird.
Thank you very much again for the prompt reply.

With best wishes & ❤
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
Hi sushant, I am sorry actually I've forget about it and there was some problem with my net connection So I didn't reply you.

And "A Very Happy Diwali to you and your family".

Regarding the question, Me and My dadi are just finished searching about that bird (I was thinking to put the image here) But I didn't found (Cause we don't know the exact name of bird).

According to my dadi... The Birds is locally called as "Muhchiraya bird" and they came in pair and one say "Khanna khod" the second says "tuuu"

The "khanna khod" resembles to dig a grave which leads some bad omen to that particular home and someone from family dies.

My dadi says they are big bird some how looks like owl but I have shown various photos of owl to dadi and she didn't find any.

You lived at mathura? I think your mom must have some clue about this.

These was all the info I was able to provide you.

If you have any more doubts please revert me.

Thank You, ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-12)
Marouf, not all true stories are horrifying or creepy. Alot of the stories here are simply people sharing experiences with other believers.

This comment from Marouf_fazili is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-10)
Thank you very much sheetal and I hope that everything would be fine soon.

With best regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-10)
Hi, Sushant... I am very sorry for your loss. I'll pray to shivji that everything will become fine soon in your family. Shivji meri hamesha sunte hai.

😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Hi Soumya! I did not think that my mother hallucinate because it is not the first time when she had experienced such.

Regards
Soumya- (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Is it really true? Are you sure your mother was not hallucinating?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hi sheetal! Thanks for reading my story. Why she committed suicide, I don't know because I had never asked my uncle as he is still depressed. Although, my father knew the proper reason behind her suicide, but unfortunately my father too is not in this world anymore.
Though, we were present at the time when this unfortunate incident had happened with my aunt's family throughout from beaning, but the actual reason was kept in mirk from us, I don't know why.
In your comment, you have talked about a bird, It would be nice of you if you could give a short description of it so that I could enhance my knowledge a little bit more 😳

With warm regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hi Chin2Raval! First of all thanks for reading my story. My mother had tried to contact my aunt when she had seen her sister's daughter at the terrace just to confirm taht was there everything ok and she was looking tense too at that time. I think that my mother might had seance that everything is not alright.
But you cannot change the fate which is written.

With warm regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hi, Sushant Nice to read another story of you... You know I've not read the title of story and when I read your cousin commit suicide that shivers me. I think the owl thing was giving you hint that something is going to bad. I am very sorry for your cousin at such a young age why she commit suicide?

One more thing in our village there is one kind of bird who speaks at night like 'khanna khod' and when bird sat on any particular home some one from the family dies.

I've mention this lines here just to tell that you are not alone many parts of India has some bad omen related to birds.
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hi Sushantkar. Again a very wonderfull story. I am so sorry for your cousine sister's death. Whenever we feel that some of our relative or any person we know, and we feel them or see them, we must contact them. Because sometimes our sub-conciouse mind gives us indications to contact that person. They can be in danger sometime. Perhaps we can help them. Thank You and God Bless!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Hi Khili180! Thanks for giving your precious time to read my story.

With regards & ❤
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
I'm really sorry for your loss sushantkar... That was a lovely story you shared. I feel sorry for Tanya. And at the same time, I find it extremely sweet of her to come say bye to your mom before she departed... Thanks for the share:) hope she rests in peace!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Yes we do have rituals for those who ends their life unnaturally to guide their spirits in proper direction.
The time when my cousin had committed suicide, she was 25 years old.

With regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Thanks for the quick reply. Please keep us updated in your stories about this. I have a feeling more things are going to happen regarding your cousin. Just curious, in your tradition, when someone commits suicide, do you perform a ritual for them to move on? And may I ask how old was she?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Hi notjustme! My mother had took care of my cousin since her birth until attending the age of 6 years when my mother was not married. I think there must have been strong mental attachment between them.
I think you are right that she wanted to notify my mother that she is no more in flesh and blood.

With regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Thank you for the story.
I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. Was she really close to your mother? But then again, I don't necessarily believe you have to be really close to someone to see them in the afterlife. I guess she wanted to say goodbye. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: