You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Tall Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

A Tall Black Figure

 

My story goes back to when I was around 13 years old sometime in the month of September. It happened on a Saturday morning sometime between one & three a.m. I had been having bad dreams for the last few nights and I had woken up to get a drink of water. Across from my bed there was a window with the shades drawn and an electronic piano standing underneath it. Next to the piano on the left side stood a tall black figure with its back to me. It looked almost like my sister (my sister tended to sleepwalk back then so that's just who I assumed it was).

It had long flowing black hair and was dressed in a long black dress. Everything about it was just pure black. It almost blended in with the shadows casted by my nightlight (under my piano). It just stood there with its head bowed and shoulders slumped. I slid out of bed (again, just thinking it was my sister sleepwalking) and walked over to her, not to wake her but to help her back to bed. I put my hand gently on her shoulder and felt what was beneath my hand stiffen.

Slowly the head turned to face me and all I saw were deep red eyes staring back at me. I felt my body tighten up in fear but I couldn't remove my hand from this thing's shoulder. It just stared at me not with anger or hatred but what looked like dark curiosity. It slowly turned its whole body to face me and finally I could take my hand away. I backed away and it seemed to smile at me. Its whole silhouette seemed fuzzy like static around its edges. It began to break apart from the feet into what seemed like ash. It just kept smiling at me until it completely vanished.

Of course after this I freaked out and ran back to bed and dove inside the covers. I stayed awake another hour out of fear and wore my nerves so much I passed out hidden under the covers. I awoke the next morning and there was nothing but what seemed like vague dusty footprints where the ghost (or demon...I'm not sure what it was) had stood. I told my mother about this and she thinks I was dreaming. I'm 18 now and I still think about that all the time...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Searching_Stars, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Hope u had moved away from that place! Why do westerners like to live in ancient houses? Def will have deaths
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
It doesn't sound to me like it was Demonic or even a negative entity.

I would say it sounds as if this entity was simply curious. It possibly could have had interactions with other humans, and was surprised by your approach, who knows?

Either way intresting story, thank you for sharing Searching Stars!

~Ben
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Hi Searching_Stars! That must be a spine shivering experience!. Gotta agree with elnoraemily that demons and evils spirits won't look at you curiously & smile.

With regards
Searching_Stars (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Thank you all for believing me. For some reason I wasn't really terrified about the whole thing until I could see its eyes.

To answer your question [elnoraemily], my sister had worn a long black nightdress to bed that night (I remember it because I got it after she moved out of the house). And her hair was long and blonde. For some reason it didn't occur to me that the hair didn't match. I just thought it was shadows making her hair black.

And to answer your question [ifihadyoux], no, I haven't seen it since that night. I've seen a black figure that looked like it in weird places but it has never stayed for very long again.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
I'm curious if it was surprised at your act of kindness. I'm sure it wasn't a positive energy, but can't say it was demonic. Who knows? No doubt it was pleased at your fear, but since you weren't harmed--aside from the shock and awe (sorry...so cliche', I know) --simply chalk it up to an amazing experience.

But be careful next time... LOL 😜
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Oh I would have peed my pants and just passed out from fear right then and there but I do agree that you must have startled it just as much as it startled you! Did you ever see it again?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
All I have to say is that is screwed up. I have no clue what that was but, I know I would have peed my pants
Whodat (42 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
This story gave me the chills! Yikes! I hope this being doesn't return to your house.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Question- if you could see the hair and the long black dress, why would that remind you of your sister?

It seems the description made it strange and out of place before it turned around, which makes it strange that you would think it was your sister.

I don't think demons would look at your curiously and smile. I would have to say not demonic.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Searching_Stars- Wow, that gave me goose bumps! I bet "it" was just as surprised as you were when you walked up to it AND TOUCHED IT!
You stated that it actually left vague dusty footprints. Curious that your mother didn't see them. Seems to me that would have some what validated your experience.
As to what it was, well I can't quite be sure. Demonic? My guess in NO. Seems to me IF it was things would have turned out differently.
YGS will give you some options that are plausible.
Thanks for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
That is really terrifying. I believe you saw what you saw, and very glad you were not hurt. I can't imagine the fear you felt as soon as you knew it was not your sister. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: