You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Running Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

Running Shadow Person

 

Greetings all! It's been a while since my last post and I mentioned to you that I would be visiting the Fremantle Prison once again. I was meant to write about my experience there (and upload some orb pictures as well) but I refrained ever since the website looked all weird. I thought I'd quickly write this one up because this happened just a couple of days ago. I promise that after I post this, I will write about my second visit to Fremantle Prison.

I haven't really told you about the shadows I've been seeing in my house lately. The last time I saw this shadow being was a few months ago. Whenever I see it, it's only a quick glimpse, like it's running (or hiding) because it knows that I saw it. Whatever it is, I do not feel threatened whatsoever. Sometimes I see features - when I do get a good look - of its arm and the torso. Picture it this way: you're passing through the hallway and say, your friend is watching you walk through. All you see is of their back and arm just as they disappear out of sight. Get what I mean? Well, this is what I've been seeing EVERY TIME I see this 'shadow person'.

The most recent time seeing this shadow was around 5pm - 7pm (I was oblivious to the time that day) after I had finished work on Friday the 17th of October. My boyfriend and I were sitting in the lounge room, lost in conversation. I was sitting in the very corner of our 'L' shaped lounge-suite, while my boyfriend was sitting on the smaller end where the recliner was on the right of me. From where I was sitting, I could see the whole lounge while the hallway door on the right was in my peripheral vision. I could hear my mum in the kitchen doing dishes and talking to our cats. As I glanced over to my boyfriend during our conversation, right as I turned my head to look at him, I saw the arm and back of this shadow person going up the hallway towards my bedroom.

This is the best I can describe the shadow person: its arm was brown and extremely skinny. It looked like it were a person of Indian descent, or just really tan. I saw it was wearing like a brown vest type thing which was the same colour as its skin. It was moving quickly, like it was running or it knew that I was moving my head in its direction.

The first thing I did when I saw it was call out for my mum. "Yeah?" she replied. "Did you just run through the hallway?!" I yelled. "No, I'm in the kitchen," she says with an 'are you crazy?' tone in her voice. I then got up to check if someone could have gotten in or just anything to try and debunk it. I waited and stared to see if it would appear again but nothing. I tried looking to see if any type of reflection was making this shadow happen, again nothing. Puzzled, I told my boyfriend what I saw. He knows I've seen things similar to this before so it took no convincing for him to believe me.

The next event confirmed that I'm not crazy nor am I lying about this shadow being because my boyfriend saw it just last night, Sunday the 19th of October.

We were spending time in our gaming room, passing time to get ready to take our dog for a walk. As I was turning off the Xbox and putting the controllers away, my boyfriend stepped out to grab his iPod in our bedroom. Now, our bedroom is at the end/top or the hallway with my mum's bedroom on the left side with the bathroom across from her bedroom, on the right side. Keep walking down and the door to the lounge is on the left side after my mum's room door. Keep walking down again and there's the laundry door on the right side. At the opposite end of the hall is the door to the dining room. So this is how you see it when you're standing in my bedroom doorway.

This is how my boyfriend described it: he had just stepped foot in our bedroom and turned around to grab his iPod on the odd bedside table (bedroom is too small for both bedsides on either side of the bed) located right next to our door. As he turned, he saw a fast moving, black shadow dart into the laundry. It had a human figure but he couldn't make out any features. Naturally, you're going to think it was someone else in the house so as he came back to me in the game room, he asked what I went to get in the lounge or dining room. I looked at him confused and told him that I hadn't left the game room. We went to ask my mum but she said she hadn't moved from the lounge room...

My boyfriend and I don't feel that this shadow being is negative in any sort of way. If it were, the being would have harmed us by now or done something more extravagant to make itself known but it hasn't.

We believe that it is my boyfriend's deceased brother who is trying to let us know that he's still with us.

Thank you all for reading!

Other hauntings by PerfectlyDisturbed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerfectlyDisturbed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-24)
Rook, I joined here last week.

Rach
You want to see ghosts, then ignore all movies and tv shows. Real thing not even close to that crap. Do not expect black and white figures always. I rearly see them that way. To me they look real unless they have ugly scars or their empty stares. They might not respond to you when you try to talk to them. They mostly just stand and stare at things or you but some do their own things like a normal persons do. Some are truly scary even just to look at. Try not to see them public places. Because others can only see you not the one you can see. I do not know what you think about this comment, but that's from my own experiance.
Rachness (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-24)
Thanks, rookdygin. I'll definitely look into protection rituals. And that's a weird case of deja vu you're having there! Odd indeed.

~Rach
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Buthaya and Rach,

You two have had this exact discussion before on another experience about 3 months ago...RIGHT?

While I know you have not I have to ask just to reassure myself it is a real case of De ja Vue. I swear to (Insert Deity, Individual or Object of your choice here) that I have read the exchange about home protection between the two of you before.

That being said I have a home Cleansing/Protection method posted on my profile... And Rach should you choose to use it any good or netural energies/spirits should remain behind (unless the method shows them how to cross over.) So you can still conduct your investigation to gather any and all information you wish. Be careful, even a netural or good entiy can get 'upset' and 'strike out' at whoever they are mad.at.

Keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
I frogot to tell you why I had to do protections. That is because after few months this shdow person became little bit scary. I felt like I am a stranger on my own house. After the protections are in place I feel peace in my house. Shadow guy no more. But from time to time I can hear voices, sounds Or sometimes see people.
Rachness (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
buthaya - Wow! That is freaky. I'll definitely take your advice and do some protection methods. The thing is though, I want to keep experiencing this in hopes that one day I'll be able to see the entire being. I'm so interested in the paranormal that I'm kind of trying to 'experiment' with it. Not by doing a ouija board but by documenting it to see if it might have a pattern or something. I want to try and debunk it if I can or just let it happen.

~Rach
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Your story is very similar to what I experienced in my house. When ever I stayed in my house I always saw this person standing in a corner, watching me. He looked like a well bult guy. He hide or move really fast when I try to look at him directly. But I can see him watching me corner of my eyes everytime. Sometimes he just leave and soon as he disappear I can hear footsteps upstairs. After few times I did not bother to go and investigate because I know I closed every window and door in there and I am the only one in the house. I saw him mostly on day time and few times at night. My advise to you is to do some protections to your house. I did it in my house and keep doing it once for every year. Because I can hear and see things when it getting closer to end of one year period.
Rachness (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Thank you all for commenting.
Hi, Aggers. Yes, after his brother passed I started seeing these shadows. I've never properly seen things like this before he died. I've felt and heard things but never saw things. It's just odd how it appears in somewhat different forms. I also forgot to mention that the first time I saw the shadow in the hallway, it had a green aura like what I saw out the front of my house the day he died. After that, it has been changing colour? Very strange. Also, I've never seen this shadow in places other than my hallway/laundry.

~Rach
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Hello again:)

One question to ask yourself, did you start seeing the shadow after the passing of your boyfriends brother? If yeah then there you go.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Definitely does not seem threatening, I agree.
I wonder if it even knows that you are there.
Very interesting, thank you for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Rachness- Those shadow "things" are curious critters for sure. Hope your correct on thinking it's boy friends brother.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: