You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Entity On Ducharme Street

Real Ghost Stories

Entity On Ducharme Street

 

These strange but true experiences happened to me during winter 2001, when I lived in an triplex apartment on Rue Ducharme in Hull, Quebec, Canada.

Every night around 1:00 a.m. I used to hear the sound of furniture moving above my apartment. My apartment was located on the second floor of my building and there were no tenants living above me. I spoke to my neighbors about the nightly noises I was hearing, thinking they had access to the roof and possibly were moving something around up there. They assured me it wasn't either of them and told me they both thought I was the person who was rearranging my furniture every night. We looked for foot prints in the snow around the building and on the roof top but we found absolutely nothing. We never did find an explanation for what was making the nocturnal noises. A few days later, things would take a very strange turn.

One winter morning, I had awoken alone in my bedroom and felt well rested. Wide awake, I stayed curled up under my blankets for a moment before I decided to get up. As I tried to get out of bed my entire body suddenly felt completely paralyzed. I couldn't move and I could not speak. The only thing I could move was my eyes. I could hear a strange high pitched buzzing sound and all the hair on my body was standing on end as though I was covered in static electricity. I couldn't understand what was happening to me and my heart was racing, when I slowly became aware of a presence standing on the right side of my bed. Finally, I managed to shift my eyes and tried to focus on who or what was standing there. Before I could see anything, I heard a strange sliding sound and could see what looked like a silver collapsible shield that expanded in sections on either side of my face. It was blocking my view of who or what was in the room with me. The metallic shield reminded me of an old collapsible tin camping cup. Freaking out at this point, I forced with all my strength and I managed to move my right leg up about 2 inches. A man's large hand print appeared on my right thigh as though a disembodied person were pushing my leg back down onto my bed. I could clearly see the outline of a man's hand with large fingers. After a few minutes had passed there was a loud popping sound, the hand print on my thigh slowly disappeared, the pressure on my body subsided and I finally was able to move again. I rocketed out of that room as fast as my legs would take me.

It was a horrible experience that I did not want to relive ever again, so I packed everything up and I moved out of that apartment shortly afterward.

Other hauntings by GSDLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GSDLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
For the record: Once again, I would like to repeat the fact that I WAS WIDE AWAKE so I definitely was NOT in a dream state when this experience occurred. Also, I clearly SAW the hand print on my thigh however no bruises were left behind. And last but not least, I think being rendered completely immobilized by an unseen force would certainly be classified as having had something happen. LOL!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
GSDlady
I have no idea what to say about the shield or the hand that held you down. But it does have a wee bit o sleep paralysis sound to the whole thing.
1.You did not see a thing except for this shield
2. You felt nothing except for a ''hand'' hold your leg down (any bruises?)
3. Absolutely Nothing happened to you.
It sounds like you dreamed you were wide awake but in fact you were not. But after this dream you certainly were. It happens.
Caz (342 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-03)
GSDLady...OK...I've no idea why, but the first thing that leapt into my head, was that both the shield and the hand were there to stop you from seeing this spirit and that this was for your own protection! If you had been able to raise your leg, then the rest of your body might have been released too and you'd have stood up! I'm not psychic, but for some reason I just felt that you seeing this spirit would not have been a good thing!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-03)
Ok, ok ok ok! I'm so excited I found this story as I have a few things to share that link this to spirit. I've got a brother-in-law (Ill call him Paul), I have written an not yet published story about my experience with my ex husbands passing and Paul was the narrator of the events that were taking place prior to and after his passing. Paul see's, hears and feels dead people. Or spirit, as he calls it. Too many things revealed about family not to believe him and he is just the sweetest human being around, not a pretentious bone in his body. Anywho... According to him, static and ringing /buzzing in the ears herald the arrival of spirit and popping the departure. (although popping is not a common departure it's usually reserved for passing into another dimension, or reality, if spirit just quietly disappears, he is usually still around in our dimension.) He has had physical encounters that have totally screwed with his energy field and left him helpless on the floor. I have no idea what the silver thing was but have no doubt you had an encounter with spirit, possibly an alien because unfortunately for us, they don't use doors to visit but can just pass through stacked time. To see you describe what Paul had described so many times just got me so excited, it's kind of a confirmation of events for me. I've got a feeling you are going to continue to have these experiences over your lifetime, no matter where you move to. Thanks for letting me chatter and thanks for sharing!
GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Thank you for your comments Revajane & ifihadyoux.

Because of the strange metallic sound I clearly heard prior to being rendered completely immobilized, I can see why an alien abduction would come to mind, but in all honesty I really don't know WHAT actually caused this to happen (ghost/alien/old hag/other?). I do know that I never want to experience that sensation ever again.

Also, I am 100% positive I was wide awake and I was not dreaming at that time which made this experience all the more terrifying.

GSD Lady
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
From what you described it sounds like more of an alien abduction than a ghost/haunting. Interesting.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Are you absolutely 100% sure you were not dreaming? As in you had a dream within a dream? I know you said you were awake, but what if you weren't?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: