You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Believe It May Be Curious, But Is It Harmful

Real Ghost Stories

I Believe It May Be Curious, But Is It Harmful

 

I'm still not sure where to begin with this, because this is more of a continuing of the last couple of experiences I have posted here. The experiences are more frequent, and although I am not scared of what is in my home, my body says otherwise.

As of lately I have been experiencing migraines, everyday. I wake up with one, and usually after taking something to sooth it, I can finally rest.

One evening, my husband and I decided to head to bed. It wasn't late, actually early for him, but late for myself, Between 8:00 and 8:30pm. Around 3:45 am I woke up and turned over, took a look at my phone, and remembered it was Saturday morning no getting up early. I turned back over and fell back to sleep.

At 4:30 exactly I again turned over took a look at my phone saw what time it was, and then as I turned back over realized I wasn't in my body.

I was laying down, but behind myself. My husband still in the same position, in front of me, and I felt invisible hands pushing me. I couldn't see the hands but I felt the pushing with such great force, it was shocking.

While I still lay there, I pushed back hard as I could, and I could feel what I believe to be my soul, entering back into my body, it felt warm, inviting, and secure and once again I felt a powerful push against me. As I pushed back I realized my hands were going through my husband, I started to yell "NO, No!" Envisioned a prayer to God then I pushed back with what seemed to be all of my strength and finally whatever it was let go. I could feel a heaviness lift.

As soon as that heaviness dissipated, I sat straight up eyes open and all, and shook my husband awake. He turned around, probably shocked from the sudden alert, and asked me what was wrong. I couldn't explain what I had just experienced. After this I have been having the hardest time falling asleep at night. I wake up hot, sweating, and wake up still exhausted.

I have been hearing footsteps walking up and down the hallway, during the night and day. While I lay there trying to relax, I meditate before I go off to dream land, I have heard the footsteps getting closer, and now entering my room.

Two nights ago, my husband fast asleep, I heard the footsteps again, this time upon entering the room. I felt and heard a swoosh, almost like a layer of heaviness enter and settle in the entire room. I can't explain that either. I felt it closer, because the heaviness, was thick and like I've stated it doesn't frighten me. But my heart started to beat harder, and my right foot became hot, it was the only one out of the covers.

Then today, I was lying in my bed, trying to take a quick nap. All alone in the home, it was peaceful. Perfect really. I layed there about 5 minutes before the footsteps started up. I heard it make its way up to room door and stop. I thought maybe it was my dog, but he is in a crate during certain times of the day, so I sit up and look at the door, no one or the dog is there. Not thinking I hadn't heard anything walk away. I get up and look down the hall, in the rooms, check on the dog, he's fast asleep, and as usual no one is home, but me.

This is a common occurrence. I believe whatever is here gets kicks out of disturbing what little sleep I can get during the day. I lay back down for all of 10 minutes still wide awake, I hear the footsteps again. So I close my eyes and lay still. The footsteps make there way around my bed and stop where my head lay. Again my heart started beating harder and more rapid, and a sound of what seems like my ears going deaf, happened.

I open my eyes, and nothing! Absolutely nothing that I can see is there. Before I could get up out of the bed to investigate once again, my dog starts whining. I run towards the living room where his crate is at, and he begins to hit the crate with his paws trying to get out. I let him out, and for the rest of the afternoon, he has stayed by my side.

Around two weeks ago, I was lying in bed, and my daughter had come in the room to lay with me until she fell asleep. She had been playing around with the flashlight when I felt her jerk forward. She was laying with her back directly on mine, so when she moves in the slightest I can feel it. When she jerked forward, I saw the light from the flashlight shine on the ceiling. I turned around and noticed she was on the floor, picking up the flashlight. I asked her what she was doing, because of the jerking motion I figured she was playing.

She looked up at me, and gasped. Her face had every bit of terror showing in it. I asked her again what was she doing. She kept staring, didn't say anything jumped back into bed, and pulled the covers over her head.

The next afternoon she had school, so I waited for her return.

I asked her why she was so scared. She told me she would never sleep in my room again. I asked her why, and she stated "I was shining the light around the room, and something grabbed it out of my hand. I got out of the bed, and when you turned around I saw a little girl laying next to you, smiling at me." I asked her if the little girl scared her, she said yes. I asked her why. She said because she had an evil smile, and she was the one who grabbed the flashlight and threw it on the floor. I then proceeded to ask her why she didn't tell me last night. She said because she was to scared she just wanted to go to sleep.

Now 4 nights ago. My oldest son D and my middle son share a room. He woke up early that morning, which he rarely does unless its for school, and was excited to tell about some events that had taken place that night.

He said mom, X (his brother) sat straight up in the bed eyes still closed, and crawled onto the floor, onto D's bed and asked "Are you still using that?" Then turned around crawled back onto the floor, back onto his bed, and layed there for the remainder of the night.

I asked him if he was awake. He said "No mom he had been asleep for almost 2 hours, I was on my phone and I saw him sit straight up it was creepy!"

We waited for X to wake up and asked him what he was doing last night. To our amazement he had no idea what we were talking about.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Nadg,
You have a long name so I shortened it a bit lol.
And your very welcome.

Buthaya has a great one to he/she posted. I would try both just to get a feel for what may help you better, and what you may feel more comfortable with.

I suggest trying both for a little while.

If you need any more help let me know and I will definitely try 😊.

I feel the same way, about this site. Were an extended family here.
We will help were and when we can ❤
notadaddysgirl (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I have updated this now and my bio bit lol, so you can email me if you would like.

I will try this and see what happens and of course will keep you updated.

Again thank you for taking the time to help me. That is one thing I love about this site it is like an extended family where we want to help eachother. ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Buthaya,
No definitely not upset 😊,your trying to help also.

I am actually glad you can too!

I don't mind anyone leaving comments that could help a fellow YGS family member ❤.

And Notadaddysgirl,
Your very welcome, you don't have an email, so posting here is the best option.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Notadaddysgirl,

Now I will add, this won't be easy getting to 5.
But practice practice practice.

Try it for a week,everymorning,and evening. Or when you have time to relax in a peaceful place.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Notadaddysgirl,
Because you don't have an email on your account I will post a beginners breathing practice for you.

Count from 1 to 5 as you breath in. Dont worry about breath control for now, just breath normally.
Concentrate on the numbers 1 through 5.

As soon as your mind begins to wander, start over again at one.

If you do make it to 5 start over again at 1.
Avoid the temptation to count while simultaneously thinking of other things. This defeats the purpose.

Try this for a while, and let me know how this works for you.

Spiritwaiting
notadaddysgirl (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Thank you Spiritwaiting I look forward to the email and I appreciate the help. Sorry about taking over your comments here.

Thank you as well buthaya again I appreciate the help and advice. I will definately try this although I can already see the struggle as my mind never seems to shut up. 😁 😆
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
notadaddysgirl,

You don't need to imagine anything to meditate. It's about controlling your mind. We think many thoughts in a one minute or our mind travel many places in seconds. Meditation help you to keep that mind in your control.

Take a deep breath, can you feel the air traveling through your nose? Breath out, can you feel it going out?

Now if you want to meditate, find a silence place, sit relaxed and comfortable manner and close your eyes. Then breath in and out. Concentrate on the air coming in and going out through your nose. Or you can count them. Breath in (one), breath out (two), end the count at nine and start again. That way it will help you not to lose concentration.

When you do this, certain problems and difficulties will arise. You might experience irritating itches on the body or discomfort in the knees. If this happens, try to keep the body relaxed without moving and keep focusing on the breath. You will probably have many intruding thoughts coming into your mind and distracting your attention from the breath. The only way you can deal with this problem is to patiently keep returning your attention to the breath. If you keep doing this, eventually thoughts will weaken, your concentration will become stronger and you will have moments of deep mental calm and inner peace.

This meditation is called Mindfulness of Breathing (anapana sati)

Spiritwaiting,

I hope you are not upset about my comment because it has nothing to do with the story. I hope this is also helpful to you too because you like meditation.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Notadaddysgirl,
You are the perfect person to meditate!

Which means if you sit,breath,and clear your mind you won't have any problems with meditation.

You don't have to imagine anything. Its all about relaxing, and being able to settle into a comforting state of mind.

I will look up a few meditations for beginners and email you.

Spiritwaiting
notadaddysgirl (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-05)
Hi I have read all these comments and I am sorry I have nothing to add to this. This comment is kind of a selfish act really but I saw you mention meditation and I was wondering if you had any advice or if any others do here? I have been wanting to try but I am not good at the picturing of things. I just can not seem to grasp this aspect of seeing something in my head? Any advice would really help. Apolgies for going off topic and if we are not allowed to talk about it here can someone email me please and help. Email address is ceriwalker1985 at gmail dot com. Thanks
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
Oh I forgot to say...
Red,
In the email, I told you I prayed.
Well I prayed for protection against energies of negativity.

At work there's been a creepy guy whom just says the most inappropriate things etc. And whom gives off bad vibes.

Lol today I was ready to give him a good old talking to, when he just looked at me, kind of weird and walked away.

Nice to know we have extra help from the spirit realm 😊.And extra protection.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
Red,
I find it quite comforting when a loved one can still lend a hand from where they are.

Him sticking around I feel is a blessing much like my Grandpa, and Uncle.

Helping hands love it, simple and appreciated. 😊

Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-04)
Alice and spiritwaiting

Spiritwaiting knows I have a bad back and need surgery and that my deceased father in-law hangs around my house. He doesn't mess with my P.C. As they had those where he worked but messes with my tablets regularly.

The other day I lost my balance and almost fell backwards but I felt two hands on my back to steady me. Of course I said thanks dad right away. I think he is one of my guardians now. But he is also a prankster. 😆 But I love him anyway ❤

Regards
Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Alice,
Lol I know I get excited when I read of similar experiences. It helps to know youre not alone dealing with strange and unusual things.

I want to believe the spirits are testing our will, and boundries.
See how far they can go with what they want or are trying.

I can't begin to explain the relief I felt when I felt it let go, or rather stop pushing.

Cant wait to read your experiences!

Spiritwaiting
Aliceinlamplight (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Thank you for your lovely welcome and invitation to contribute my own stories to YGS, Spiritwaiing! 😊 I do have a couple of stories to share... I just need to write them!

I forgot that you mentioned in your story that you had just checked your phone, which would make sleep paralysis a far less likely scenario. I think I just got so excited because your description seemed so similar to my own experience. Of course, I don't know that I was suffering from sleep paralysis either - it is my preferred theory because I don't like to think of the alternative!

I will say that when I have experienced something that could be defined as paranormal and I have asked for it to stop, or uttered a very firm 'No!' it usually does seem to abate. I have noticed that others on this site have had similar success with simple requests for the strange sound/feeling to stop, including you in this story. I wonder why this happens?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Aliceinlamplight,

First Thank you for reading, and second Welcome to YGS! 😊.

Minutes maybe even seconds before this happened, I sat up on my side to look at my phone, as I had been having trouble sleeping that night.
Then turned over, eyes still open, and realized I wasn't in my body. I was behind and sort of in my body. I'm trying to explain this as I remember it.
Because it being so freaky for me, its just like it happened a few minutes ago.

I was behind yet because I could see half my body laying there, but couldn't see the back of me.

I won't rule out sleep paralysis, but with what happened and never having any sort of sleep paralysis before this,I'm not cofident that it was.

Have you been dealing with any sort of spirits in your home? And if so to what extent?
And how long has this been happening with you?

If you have experineces,I'm sure we all would love to read them, and hopefully beable to offer some help and advice.

Looking forward to reading your response.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Aliceinlamplight (5 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Hi Spiritwaiting,

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years, reading everyone's intriguing stories and looking in from a distance. Tonight, I joined up to comment here because a couple of aspects that you describe so vividly in the story really fascinate me.

When you detailed the feeling of being pushed by unseen hands, I felt chilled, because I have had some recent experiences with what I assumed (after some research) was sleep paralysis. My experiences were very similar to what you describe.

On the most recent two occasions, I felt a sensation of an incredibly forceful hand gripping my shoulder and pushing down on me. It was very, very frightening and I also associated it with the feeling of an unseen presence quite close to me. Your description of the 'heaviness' lifting when you were able to speak also matched what I have felt when I was eventually able to force out a muttered 'Don't!'. Immediately that I am able to say this, the heaviness disappears and so too, the feeling of a presence in the room dissipates. I also feel very hot after these incidents. Do you think it is possible that you may have been in that state between sleep and full consciousness and experiencing sleep paralysis?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Miracles-I know how that goes. It's one big pain you know where when that happens. 😆
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
RedWolf - you are very welcome. Sometimes it's hard not to share what we see 😊 and then that could cause things to take on a life of their own lol
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Miracles,
I also apologize. It really didn't occur to me to e-mail spiritwaiting. It never crossed my mind others would want readings. I can't read some people because they are gaurded and of course NO psychic is 100% right either (just a warning for people who put too much faith in psychics).
Too bad my father in -law made me lose my response or I could have cut and pasted it onto the e-mail and canceled it in the preview. I'll e-mail her later. Thanks for the warning and I do apologize.
Regards
Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Miracles,
I completely understand.
I wouldn't want Red to be put into that position. It could cause a lot of inflow in her email and on here. And lol a take over on her experiences.
Dont need that.

Thank you 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Thanks, spiritwaiting 😊 I know how easy it is for both sides to want to go in this direction. For a medium, it's really hard not to say what we see, sense, hear, feel, etc. And as someone who believes in this, it's hard not to want to find out what someone else can sense.

I don't know if you remember, but about a year or so ago we had someone who insisted on giving a reading with every comment she made. And a lot of people believed in her. Until they found out she was a complete fraud. We were deleting comments, and issuing warnings, as quickly as we could but sometimes we missed them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage you and RedWolf, just encouraging taking it off site. Whenever anyone gives readings, they can be hit with an onslaught of members wanting whatever information they can get.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Miracles,
Sorry that was my fault.
Not Reds. I will keep it off of here.

Spiritwaiting
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
RedWolf - keep in mind, we don't do readings. If spiritwaiting would like to continue this conversation, please correspond with her via email 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Red,
After taking time to think about it for a little while, I have a few questions.

The pregnancy thing:
How did you come up with that?
Was it a feeling, or a vision?

And do you think its inside my immediate family, or maybe just outside?
I have one teenage boy, about that age, hehe hoping its not his girlfriend. And then problems within my marriage. Been feeling a lot of off goings on lately, and can't quite put my finger on it.

Been telling my husband, he seems off but he assures me he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I can feel the energies of my family, without them saying anything.

Thank you again
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
2nd1st,
Lmao!
Lets hope ghosties don't start that! 😆
That would be a strange encounter!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Red,
Hmm a celtic shop I like that!
I will definitely put that on my list of to do's for today.
Lol mat that says "go away" love it!

I would crack up everytime I see that. 😆

Yeah you hit the nail on the head with the nausea,lethargic,and migraines. Thats definitely how I've been feeling lately. I know I shouldnt but have been putting my meditation aside, and usually it helps to bring my energy back to a good level.

And as far as being pregnant or trying, not anyone in my home. I am not fixed, lol what I mean by that my tubes arent tied. So it is a possibilty I could get pregnant. And as weird as this may be, my coworkers and I have been talking about babies and pregnancy lately. Just amongst normal conversation.

Mother Earth (Gaia),I most definitely do believe. The power the earth holds.
Thank you for that extra help. I'm going to write that down.

Thank you again Red 😊

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
spiritwaiting,

I would advise you to get a comical mat that says go away. I had one with the Tazmanian Devil that said that and everyone loved it. They wanted to know where I got it but I had bought the last one and told them so but to check the store in a week or so. If you don't have a welcome mat don't go out ant buy one. There is a Celtic Shield for protection so if you know where an Irish shop is you might find it there. You're artistic so you can copy it and put it on the inside of any entrances or over windows for extra protection. Or if you want you can cheat like my son did and look it up on the computer and make copies and hang them where I said. That is after you do Rooks cleansing/shielding method.

How has your health been lately? Are you lethargic, any nausea, migraines?

I don't know if you believe in Gaia (mother earth) but try this in addition to Rooks rosemary soap.
Gaia please surround me, and envision a white circle around your feet.
Gaia please protect me, and envision yourself surrounded in white light.
Gaia please chase the dark away. The dark being anything evil.

Believe me when I say that it does work when I feel something is "not right". You should have each famiily member do this. Especially your husband who gets frightened by ghosts and the son who sleep walks. You don't have to say it out loud in public but at home you should.

By the way, who in your family is pregnant or trying to get pregnant?

Regards
Red
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
"Oh I would never invite an unknown entity in my home!" That my friend is a very sound position. On occasions that I have they either tried to sell me something or bully me into joining their religion:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
You'd never think the little things like a welcome mat, could make a difference.
I often wonder if these types of things were invented by people whom studied the paranormal.
So interesting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
Red,
Oh I would never invite an unknown entity in my home!
Im ok with already there entities, that arent to bothersome.
But for an entity to enter my home and cause havoc yeah definitely not having it 😊.

I have been looking up herbal stores around my area, to find the best quality sage, and salt.

I am going to call my sister,tomorrow.She knows one or two of them around, as shes been having problems in her new home. Well not new, but new to her.

Definitely going to cleanse my home, and shield it.I've had enough of this, I need my energy back.
Maybe I should get a welcome mat and face it towards me, just for a little extra protection.

Thank you Red 😊
For reading and commenting

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: