You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Giant Shadow Like Man?

Real Ghost Stories

Giant Shadow Like Man?

 

Growing up, I had many paranormal experiences. I saw a shadow man in my house quite often and never got any weird vibes from him. I have not seen anything in at least six years.

Well, last night, I was on the patio with my two small dogs. Our patio has a brick wall all the way around it. Down the way a bit, about three houses, there is a dumpster that is surrounded by a wall that is between six or seven feet tall. Next to that is a carport. It was around 11pm and I always have the habit of looking around when I am outside even though I was secured within my locked patio.

Anyways, after looking around and seeing nothing out of the ordinary, I suddenly got this urge to look over by the dumpster. I saw a huge man around eight or nine feet tall. I could see his upper body which was towering over the dumpster. It was not the shadow of another person or anything else. It appeared out of nowhere, I had literally just been looking that direction prior to him showing up. There was no one outside. It looked like he was wearing a puffy winter jacket which was extremely weird considering I live in Arizona and it was over 90 degrees at that time of night.

I froze for a second and just stared as I was trying to figure out what it was. All I could think was "That isn't human, what is it?" then it was as if a voice in my head told me to get inside. I became extremely freaked out and I realized that because of how tall he was, he could see me from over the dumpster and my patio wall.

It was as if we made eye contact. I grabbed my dogs and ran inside. I locked the doors and shut off the lights. I looked out the window and didn't see anything. I wasn't able to sleep all night and it has been on my mind all day long. It was so much different than the typical shadow man that I saw at my old house. This one looked more life like. It seemed like he was walking right towards me.

If anyone has any ideas about what this could have been please share! Thanks in advance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brittnicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dommy321 (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
Ive seen something eerily similar to whatever it is you saw by the dumpster. It was around midnight (I think) and my friend had slept over that night (thank God) and we were sleeping in the upstairs of my house it was an attic turned into a bedrooms, we were sleeping in the back room and in the second room I left on the dim blue night light and all of the sudden we saw a mans shadow on the wall, just his torso and it was big like he was right next to the small lamp I'd left on for a night light. Another time I saw a shadow of a man sitting at my kitchen table he was fat and had spiky hair (kind of looked like Joey Fatone) and my mom was up front opening a battery pack and it sounded really loud I dk why but I jettted up front to her cause I was scared AF. Another time my mom said she saw the shadow of a mouse and she couldn't breathe and she said the name of Jesus (I don't know if your religious or not) and it had disappeared. 😭 😭
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-06)
Perhaps the black shadow manifested and decide to show you it's true self
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-03)
Could be lady glow. And it teleported me here lmao. Looks like we are good now is it? Lol
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-03)
Monty998: I bet the dumpster is a teleporting unit in disguise. 😆 😆 😆
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-02)
Well it looks like an alien encounter. None of those slender man nonsense. There are many alien races who are about 8 to 9 feet tall. The jacket that you saw was or could be a spacesuit. Aliens are highly telepathic so that explains the message you got in your head. Thanks.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Hi there! Talking about tall shadows my friends has a couple of reports and stories from people about it since like 20 years ago from their uncles and fathers. So, not "Slendy".

Some linked to the "Death" theories, since every time the tellers experience (or see) the event, it's after or before a person die. Most are "travelers" they saw it one time and never again, for those they would "debunk" as some body passing by with a torch, things like that.

My friends always suggest that we need to take note of the time, the situation, the stories behind, histories and evidences, before officially saying that we meet something paranormal. Cheers then!

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Rook is correct. I have heard people's stories some going back 10 years of seeing tall slender ghost like creatures or entities and because they don't know that the Slender Man was created in a contest, they go "oh that must have been what I saw, slendy!" It's extremely important for everyone to research something first:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Thanks, Rook. I didn't have all the info but hoped you'd help me out 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Vyshnavi,

Miracles (waves to her 😁) is correct. Slender man was CREATED for a Contest on the Web Forum Site 'Something Awful' with the STORY being published June 8, 2009.

Before this date, despite what the 'stories' tell you, there is really no history of 'Sender Man'.

Please remember, Research and QUESTIONS are our best friends when it comes to the Paranormal. Just because it's on the internet or been made into a movie DOES NOT make it REAL.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-08-31)
Vyshnavi - the Slender Man is not real. It is made up. Nothing paranormal about it.
Vyshnavi (3 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-08-31)
Hi britt!

I think that you might have the idea about slender man!.

It is depicted as resembling a thin, unnaturally tall man with a blank and usually featureless face, wearing a long suit.

It ll b helpful for you to make a small research about the Slender man and compare whether any of his characteristics matches with the shadow you have come across

BY THE WAY WELCOME TO YGS
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
Hi brittnicole;

How off putting having someone make eye contact & seem to be coming your way. I kind of wonder if it was perhaps as lady-glow suggested a man inside the dumpster making him look taller, or maybe he was tall to begin with & now seems really tall!

Sadly I have seen my share of homeless persons wearing loads of clothing even on the hottest of days because they unfortunately have no where to stow it.

One other thought, many homeless souls die on the street. Perhaps this was a spirit of a deceased man that wasn't quite aware of their passing and was doing their daily routine.

Creepy none-the-less. BTW - did the dogs react?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Welcome to YGS.

Is there any chance that what you saw was an indigent person trying his luck at dumpster diving? Perhaps he climbed on the side of the dumpster and that's the reason for his tall appearance?
What about a bear or some other animal?
Is the area around the dumpster dark or well illuminated?
Did your dogs reacted in any way to this 'shadow'?

Do you know if any of the neighbors have experienced/seen this shadow? Do you know if there's a security camera around that area? Perhaps you could check for any evidence or a more detailed view of the shadow.

I'm sure it was creepy to see something so unexpected in the middle of the night, but perhaps it was not of paranormal nature.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted if you find out what this shadow is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: