You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Do Ghosts Need Money For Anyway? Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

What Do Ghosts Need Money For Anyway? Part 2

 

The comments on my previous story about ghosts and money have prompted me to submit these two experiences. Both are taken from my Journal, with minor editing where clarification is needed.

Thursday 3/08/12 I just walked next door to a convenience store at lunch time to get some snacks to supplement my lunch;) My snacks came to $5.26 (yeah, bought more than I planned 🍫). I only had $5.00, so I was short 26 cents and the cashier said I could just bring it next time I was in. (Yep, I'm a frequent shopper LOL) All I took with me was the $5.00 bill, cell phone and my umbrella, which I used on the way over since it was drizzling pretty hard.

As I left the store, I popped open my ☂️ since it was still raining. Out of the corner of my right eye I saw something falling from beneath my umbrella and floating to land behind me. I thought, "What did I lose from my bag?" and stopped to check. OMG! It was a dollar. A freaking folded dollar bill! There was not a soul on the sidewalk so no one passed me and dropped it at the exact moment I opened my umbrella. And the dollar was completely dry; not a drop of rain on it.

I just looked up, said "thank you" and went inside to share my story with the cashier. I paid her the 26 cents I owed and left the rest, just in case someone else needed it.

Monday 9/1/14 - This happened while my dad, Dalton and I were burying Ryder (one of our Australian Shepherds). Over the years Dalton's dad has given me $2 bills for Dalton. Some of them have come up missing during Dalton's lifetime. Regardless of where I put/hide them, they disappear. But for the past 2-3 years I have kept 2 in my wallet (for safekeeping, however ridiculous that is under the circumstances). Anyway, as of Saturday evening both of those $2 bills were in my wallet. This I know for a fact. I saw them when I opened my wallet. They are not folded together; they are individually folded and placed in an open section of my wallet, so I can easily see them both when I open it.

When Dalton and I were getting Ryder (his body was in a burial box) out of the back of my truck Dalton said, "Hey, Mom, there's money" and he reached for some crumpled bills laying up near the back of the back seat on the passenger side. (Crumpled meaning it appeared as if someone had wadded two bills into balls and tossed them in my truck.) One was a $2 bill so I automatically assumed it was one of Dalton's $2 bills that had come up missing over the years (thinking maybe it was being given back ha ha, wink). Dalton then smoothed out the other bill, which was $1.

The items in the back of my truck had been moved up to the backseats to make room for transporting Ryder to the vet. I had moved everything from the back so I know there was no money. I was standing at the back of my truck when the vet's assistants got Ryder out. There was no money. I stood there while they were loading Ryder for us to bring home; no money. There was nothing in the back of my truck except Ryder.

After finding the money, I told Dalton that the $2 bill was obviously his because I don't have any except the ones his dad gives me for him. I also told him I would put that one in with the other 2 and I would add the $1 to the $20 that I am replacing of his that came up missing last week. Whole other story LOL (oops, forgot about this incident typing the other story).

After we buried Ryder ⚰️, I got cleaned up and opened my wallet to put the $2 bill in with the other 2 in my wallet. WTH?! There was only 1 $2 bill! Are you freaking kidding me?!

I always keep my wallet snapped shut. It is never left open, so there is no way the money could have fallen out. And even if that is the case, I don't put my purse in the back of my truck. Ever. Not only that, the freaking $2 bills (both of them) were in my wallet Saturday evening and I didn't go anywhere Sunday. And to top it all off, the $2 bills in my wallet are crisply folded not crumpled the way this money was.

When I told Jerrica about the money in the back of the truck, she asked how old Ryder was. Ryder would have turned 3 in October. I don't know if that has anything to do with the $3 that was crumpled in the back of my truck or not, but it is certainly ironic.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
Oh wow! That's certainly interesting that you got $3 which happened to be the same name as Ryder. May he rest in peace, btw! ❤

That was also nice of whatever it was that took your money to give you a dollar bill to pay for the remainder of the price of your snacks! Absolutely astonishing.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
First of all, let Ryder rest in peace...

Oh my! The money...it's indeed eerie...

I remember a story called "A Ghost Mother"
It a very famous story in Japan, again my favorite (lol), written by a Buddhist monk.
The story goes...
"The owner of the candy store heard a knock on their wooden shutter. The owner peeked out and saw a thin young woman; she handed a coin to the owner and asked for some candy. The owner rejected and asked her to come back tomorrow morning, but he was moved by the woman's sad expression. The owner handed her the candies she wanted, the woman walked away slowly with a wispy smile.
The next night the owner heard the same knock, he knew at once that it was the same woman who came by last night. The owner handed her the candies and ask if her child liked the candies, the woman gave him a wispy smile, lightly bowed to thank him and walked away.
This continued for 4 more nights. The seventh night, the same woman came by the owner was already waiting for her and handed her the candies, the woman did not receive the candies and just stood there with deep sadness. The owner asked what is wrong, the woman did not answer and just walked away without the candies.
The owner went after her thought that something was wrong. He then reached to a temple and lost sight of the woman. A monk had just finished his night duty and saw the candy store owner running in the temple. The monk asked him what is wrong; the owner explained about the woman and told the monk about the situation. Suddenly they hear what they recognize as a baby's cry.
They searched around and found that there was a newly dug grave in the cemetery. It was a grave of a young pregnant woman. The candy store owner recognized the woman; it was the same woman who came every night to buy his candies. The monk noticed that there were blood stains and realizes that she had given birth to the baby in her death. The monk told the family of the young woman about it, the family re-buried the woman and put 6 coins with her praying for her safety to the other side. The baby was raised by the temple, later became a great monk in Japanese Buddhism."

Back in old days in Japan they buried the dead ones in a bucket and will put a sting with 6 coins so that the dead ones can use on their "trip" to the other side. The "ghost" of the woman might be using those coins to pay for the candies to feed them to her baby. So there the answer the title, ghost might need a few pennies during their way to the other side, no necessary taking care of a new born baby, maybe they wanted some gummy bears or mints on their way lol

E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
L_Melb - holy moly! That amount of money would make me definitely sit up and say "Hey! Stop taking my money!" LOL And yes, returning it would definitely get my attention, and appreciation 😉 😊
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
Yes Miracles, it does drive you crazy like nothing else!
I know an oncoming train won't distract me from my search 😆
Thankfully, the largest amount I had "grow legs" (6x$50) was at a time I was doing OK and in a way that nobody I know could be involved as I feel that stress you talk of! 😭
If after attention, make it appear is my suggestion 😜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
L_Melb - oh it definitely distracts me from other things, that's for sure. When the $100 up and disappeared I was frantic because that money was to replace money I had already paid out for my daughter's expenses, so that made me short $100 that week. Sheesh, the stress is still there when I think about it LOL
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-27)
First thing I thought was that if a ghost wants to get your attention, then taking your money will do it!
However, they'd probably find it counter productive as we all know that you don't think of anything but "where is my money?" when it goes missing 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
val - it made me cry too 😭

I think maybe sometimes that saying about God taking you to it and bringing you through it (completely paraphrasing here) might be true. Even when we are barely hanging on by our fingertips and there is no silver lining in sight, we still seem to make it through it. Whether with help or on our own, we make it ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
Melda - thank you about Ryder ❤ He was one of my Houdini dogs. I could never get him to stay in his pen; he jumped the 4' fence. He got hit by a vehicle and it killed him. Broke our hearts.

I have a couple other experiences with money that aren't enough to submit as a separate story so I'll share them here.

Similar to val's experiences, twice I have been handed money when I desperately needed it. When I asked why, I was told because God laid it on their hearts to give it to me. They thought I might need it ❤

Another time I had been standing in line at a deli for about five minutes when I saw a $10 bill laying on the floor between me and an older man. He reached down and handed it to me, thinking I had dropped it. I turned it down, because it wasn't mine, and he said it wasn't his either but he kept it LOL

It wasn't on the floor when I approached the deli counter and neither the older man nor I saw it fall. No one walked between us and there was no room to walk behind us. Where did it come from? No idea. The only thing I can figure is he needed it more than I did 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
Melda, you remember rightly. It seems to me, that at least in my family, our 'wants' might never be met, but our 'needs' always somehow get covered.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
First, loss of the puppy (I don't care if he was grown) made me cry. And, yes, the $3 was weird/ironic.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
Miracles - Firstly, how sad that Ryder lost his life at such a young age. You and your family must have been devastated 😢

Money from your umbrella? Well I for one would rather sing "it's raining money hallelujah" than "it's raining men hallelujah" 😆

You certainly do have some weird experiences with money.

It seems your cash ghost gives with one hand and takes with the other.

Regards, Melda

PS: I remember reading one of Val's experiences concerning her mother who found money in the snow at Xmas time, when she had no money to buy gifts for the kids, and apparently tried to return it to a man who seemed to appear next to her at the time and this man told her to keep it. (A ghost man). I hope I remember that correctly. I'm sure Val will correct me if I'm wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: