You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Go Away! You Can't Have Him!

Real Ghost Stories

Go Away! You Can't Have Him!

 

I always hesitate before sharing something that is out of the norm, at least for me. This is another one of those moments.

A few years ago, the teenage son of a family I know was in the hospital. One night during his stay, as I was meditating, I placed a shield around Zane, asking that he be kept safe. As I envisioned Zane's face, I saw the Grim Reaper. This was the stereotypical, Hollywood production of the Grim Reaper: Black hooded robe and scythe.

I knew in my heart and soul it was coming for Zane and it completely freaked me out. In my head I yelled, "Go away! You can't have him! Go away!" and the Reaper backed out of my sight. I cried because I was so afraid for Zane.

The whole night I was scared to death that he had died. So early the next morning, I called one of Zane's family members to see how he did overnight, without going into detail about my vision. Apparently he had had a very bad night and he had almost died.

There are things about this experience that I don't understand. Like why the Grim Reaper appeared to me, unless it was because I was placing a protective shield around Zane. If it was indeed his purpose was to take Zane, why did Zane survive?

The only thing that I am sort of certain about is why I saw the Grim Reaper in this form because I truly don't believe this is what the Reaper really looks like. I think it appeared to me in this form so I would know, without the shadow of a doubt, who it was. I mean, seriously, if someone appeared to me in jeans and t-shirt, maybe even a black hoodie, I wouldn't assume it was the Reaper even if it had a scythe. I would immediately think serial killer LOL

Like I said, I hesitate before submitting experiences like this. I'm open to any and all comments, suggestions, thoughts, theories, ideas.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
RedWolf - actually, I was in my bedroom meditating. Sorry if that was unclear.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
lady-glow - ๐Ÿ˜• I distinctly remember responding to your comment but it is not here. Our internet at work is pretty sketchy so maybe it didn't post after all.

I would have wondered whether or not your friend had died as well. We really should be issued a manual for interpretation of messages LOL I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack. Although being unable to see his daughter on her birthday probably was just as traumatic to him ๐Ÿ˜ข

I'm also glad Zane is doing well. Just recently I was talking to one of Zane's family members and he is doing really well.

Thank you.๐Ÿ˜Š
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
Miracles

Death aka the Grim Reaper combs hospitals/nursing homes what have you. You meditated in Zanes room and meditated and put a shield around him. The Reaper came into his room and you yelled at him in your head that he to go away and he could not have Zane. My take on this is that the Reaper wanted to see if Zane was close to death but with you there to fight him and the Reaper wasn't up for a fight, saw the shield, and decided he wasn't going to try to break a shield.

Just to give Zane a little credit, he probably had a strong will to live and the Reaper also saw that and decided it wasn't worth it.

Regards
Red

P.S. Just remembered the show Dead Like Me. The Reapers looked like ordinary people but the creepy monkey type Gravelings were the ones that caused the death. Also both Charmed and Supernatural portraid death as men who wore black. Kind of make you go hmmm
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-05)
Miracles: thanks for sharing this interesting experience. I have been following the thread of comments and there's nothing I could add, other than to agree that the messages we get through meditation/dreams can be hard to (borrowing Val's word) translate.

Your story reminded me of a (vivid) dream I had a couple, or so, years ago in which an ex-boyfriend touched his chest saying "my heart is broken" and collapsed to the ground. I woke up without knowing if he got help or if he had died.

I couldn't help feeling worried and curious about my dream but really didn't want to start any kind of contact with him so I just checked in social media in case there was something that could clarify my dream. Sure enough, he had just posted a comment about getting a broken heart because he wasn't able to be with his daughter on her fifteenth birthday due to his recent divorce and custody arrangements.

I'm glad to know Zane got better.โค
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
Argette and Shelbylore - thank you both ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm still undecided about this experience. Part of me believes wholeheartedly he was there for Zane and yet I can see the other side to, such as what val proposed. If I could have separated my personal feelings from the situation, maybe I would be certain ๐Ÿ˜•
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-04)
The scythe-wielding cloaked grim reaper is from the European Black Death era, when they saw 'him' as 'harvesting' souls, like a farmer harvesting grains. Apparently some claimed to see such beings on the outskirts of towns right before plague would arrive.

There was also the skeletal Reaper who pulled a cart, like the 'bring out your dead' scene in The Holy Grail, throwing bodies in the cart and pulling it over the fields.

For whatever reason, the clothed image of the scythed Death stuck around. Probably more easily identifiable and acceptable to the more prudish folk in later years, maybe? That's who we recognize today as Death.

I wouldn't discount the meditation entirely, it may have gone different had you not 'been' there. Thankfully you were, so alls well that ends well.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
Another well done account, Miracles. I tend to agree with you. He's a mean one, that Reaper. He wanted you to know exactly what he was up to.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
BeautInside - thank you for reading and for your input, I appreciate it. It's funny how looking at it from an outsider's perspective, it may not have been as traumatic an experience as I perceived it ๐Ÿ˜Š
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-08-01)
Hi Miracles,

For me dream interpretation is always a dillema... But in my humble opinion, the fact that the reaper backed away really meant that it was not taking Zane's life. By appearing it indicated that his life was in danger but when it backed away probably meant it was not his time to go.

Blessings.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
rook - this is one of those moments frozen in time, and my Journal LOL I remember seeing the Reaper coming from my left to my right, appearing to me to be heading toward Zane although Zane was nowhere in my vision. The intuition and certainty were there though. I had no doubt the Reaper's appearance had to do with Zane.

When I yelled at the Reaper, it backed up out of my sight. I don't remember there being any acknowledgement from the Reaper that it was responding to my words, just that it left when I yelled. In hindsight, maybe it was just timing. Maybe when the Reaper started leaving is when Zane was no longer in life-threatening danger ๐Ÿ˜•

I like the cut and dry visions LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Tweed - thank you โค I'm going to have to sort through the comments and thoughts and see what feels right. Right now everything said feels right LOL And I do have deep love for that boy โค
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Here's the thing...

How clear is your recollection of this event? Did the Reaper actually seem to react and 'back away' from 'your cries' or did 'it' just walk close to 'Zane' and then return from where it came from?

I agree Vision interpretation can be a pain in the tuckas.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Miracles, maybe the Reaper appeared to you in this form because you'd 'successfully' connected with the urgency of the moment.

I use quotation marks for 'successfully' because I can't think of a better word, but it doesn't sound like a very fitting choice of word. Anyway I hope you know what I mean.

Visions are often cryptic, I think for our own good, our own education. Something as blatant as this at that specific moment kind of sticks out like the dog's proverbials. It sounds like you stepped in as Zane's guardian angel, through sheer emotion and all out love. Doesn't get more powerful than that. โค
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Sometimes, we're just to close to the forest to see the trees.
Visions like dreams can be filled with symbolism. You know that, as well as I do. ๐Ÿ˜Š And then, sometimes they are very blunt, cut and dried - no denying what they mean. How better to symbolize the act of death then with its icon symbol?
My roommate just cracked me up. He's watching some movie with a skeleton in it, and getting freaked. So, I give him some 'facts', like skeletons do not come out of the ground in one piece due to the deterioration of cartilage, tendons, muscle and such. To be like that they'd need to be articulated. He stares at me then says, "If death showed up here, would you ask to see his articulation?" *Smh* He's serious... And yes, I would.๐Ÿ˜œ
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Val - it is very possible, because of my affection for Zane, that I misunderstood what I saw. It has haunted me for over 3 years because I didn't understand.

I can see now how it could have been the Reaper showing me that Zane was close to death, but wasn't going to die. Thank you for your interpretation ๐Ÿ˜Š โค

And I also think death wears many faces, maybe not jeans and t-shirt though. But who knows? ๐Ÿ˜‰
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Miracles, I have a different take on your vision. I can totally relate to your take on it, but I can't help but wonder if perhaps you 'translated' it wrongly. Maybe the message was that Zane would survive? That death would not be taking him?
Personally, I think death wears many faces.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
roylynx - thank you for sharing that ๐Ÿ˜Š I honestly believe every culture has a different Reaper, or whatever term is to be used. I really like hearing about the different ones because I fully believe what I saw isn't the actual form. Who knows?

Again, thank you. I always enjoy your comments ๐Ÿ˜Š
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-31)
Ola Miracles51031! This experience, I had heard and had read reports of different situation with different "styles" of the Grim Reaper. One case from Japan, my favorite, says that a woman was with her very old dog; the dog fell sick and could not stand up properly. The woman had a dream and saw an old lady with white Kimono, the old lady bowed and smiled at her dog. The next morning the old dog had passed away.

My opinion from all these "different version" of stories or reports around tells that there are beings that would lead the death and it will appear in any form to warn people around... I don't know but that is what I think.

Blessing from Sรฃo Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: