You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Grandad?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Grandad?

 

Last night I stayed in my living room with my niece, we both stayed on different sofas. The shape of my living room is an L so where the tv is there is another section of the room behind that you have full view of.

I had a bad sleep to start with, waking up every few hours. But one time I woke up it must have been early and I looked over to my niece (who is 11) and saw what was a black shadow near her, looking down at her. I was half asleep, which sometimes makes me skeptical of this, but it looked so real I thought it was my mum. It then drifted behind the tv and when I tried to look it was gone.

Usually I would be so freaked out but I felt so calm and noticed the mist/shadow floated towards a picture of me that has a little passport picture of my granddad and his St. Christopher on the frame. Could it have been him?

I was half asleep and thought it was my mum which makes me wonder if it actually happened but it was all so vivid.

This morning when I woke up and my mum came downstairs before I even told her she said she had a dream where she was ill and crying and my Granddad was comforting her.

He only died four years ago, which makes me wonder if he came to reassure everyone as the whole family has been struggling a lot lately. Two of the children are facing bullying and my Nana (his wife) was forced out of their home of 20- something years.

Also lately I have been extremely disturbed by a murder case on tv and it has really affected me but that night was the only night I didn't even think of it (when I say affected I mean bad, like gruesome thoughts every time I try to fall asleep resulting in me crying so hard for hours).

Two other times I've woken up early but been half asleep and heard knocking on my door and the most recent time my door knob was frantically twisting back and forth. Was the shadowy figure paranormal or do I have bad hallucinations? Any advice is appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormallover247, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
PS - As for knocking and doorknob twisting, I live in a busy city, personally, and we have salesmen and strong wind and old buildings which settle and such. I once lived in a warehouse and had nightmares about people breaking in. I'm a little paranoid.:3 But in the end, I recognize that most odd noises around our household are the wind, temperature shifts causing settling, and again, the wind. I suggest making sure you have a very good lock (or two), particularly a deadbolt, and you won't need to worry. As many people of many cultures have said -- we have more to fear from the living than we have to fear from the dead. You're probably not hallucinating but even so, it's not illogical to be wary. Invest in a good locking system, do what you need to do to feel secure, and fret no more. As for everything beyond the physical realm, it sounds to me you've got some loving spirits in your corner. I think you'll be a-okay.:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
Go with your gut. Reading this, I think it probably was your granddad. Your mum sensed it, you sensed it, and you and your other family members needed comfort. It only makes sense. Thank you for sharing your story! ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
It seems like the negativity in the world around you has really gotten into your head - don't worry, it happens to a lot of folks from time to time, myself included. Given the circumstances, I don't think you were hallucinating - whether it was your grandfather or not (and it well could have been, trust your gut) it does seem to me like something dropped in to check on all of you and bring a bit of peace.

On a non-paranormal note the murder case may be getting to you because you are feeling powerless and vulnerable likely for completely unrelated reasons. Best solution I can offer is to combat those feelings head on. Talk to your parents about it -regardless of your age, they can be good sounding boards. Look into taking a self-defense class - those are always big on empowerment. Meditation and/or yoga too can be helpful in helping you find balance and calm. Find a class or classes that work with your schedule.

Honestly, I feel like once things calm down in the lives of the very living people in your home, a lot of the paranormal activity should calm down as well. In the meantime, maybe look into a few simple cleansing rituals - if you feel comfortable talking to your parents about it then include them and do the entire house otherwise, just your room will still help. You can Google methods or look up the profile of user Rookdygin on this site - in his profile he gives great instructions for a cleansing method that is well respected here. There are simple things you can do too like burning a small dish of rosemary and juniper cedar in your space to clear the air of negativity.

Keep us posted and believe in yourself ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: