You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Cleansing And Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Cleansing And Shadow Man

 

This begins approximately a month back.

My family and I have moved into this new home, in July of this year 2016.

Nothing to scary, or terrifying, just small things I've noticed as well as my oldest son.

The small things really started up around a month and a half after moving in.

The shuffling of feet, in the upstairs hallway, running up and down the stairs, movement in the dining room while everyone was upstairs fast asleep.

Then it began to gradually get a little more active, especially while I was meditating in my living room.

Noises like a small child jumping from the top bunk bed (directly above the living room) landing on the floor then stomping around.

I called my sister, and let her know what was going on, and she brought over a bundle of white sage, and blessing oil.

The next day, after everyone left for the day, kids off to school, husband off to work, I decided no time like now to do this.

I did the Cleansing of energy in the home. While I did this my entire body would become overwhelmed with goosebumps, then go away, then again.

I felt as though the air was lighter, in a way.

All was quiet for a few weeks, when new things began.

This is when the Shadow Man made an appearance.

Two weekends ago, I was taking my daily nap before getting up for work.

I was lying in bed, when I woke up to my phone ringing. It was on the charger on the floor.

Now when I woke up, I noticed a tall shadow standing directly in front of my door, but it hadn't clicked because I was still trying to wake up.

I proceeded to roll over, and grabbed my phone. It had stopped ringing, by this time. I sat up, and looked at the phone screen.

As I looked at the missed call, I saw this shadow move slightly to the right, like it was moving closer into my room. So I looked up, and I watched it turn toward my my hallway and casually walk out.

I was shocked that I saw this, not scared just shocked. So I get up and checked the entire home including windows and doors. All is secure, and I'm the only one home.

Two days after, is when all electronics in the home start to malfunction.

I wake up Sunday morning and my phone screen has these crazy white lines running all across it, and it pulsates like a heartbeat.

The lamp in the living room will shut off at random.

T.v. Volume will turn up at max volume at the most random times.

My oldest son's phone will come on after being shut off for hours by itself, both my husbands phone and mine have alarms set for specific times and both have decided to malfunction on the same days several times.

I've never had issues with the living room lamp, or t.v.,phones were perfectly fine until this shadow man was seen.

The way I have the bedroom set up, is because of limited choices of electrical plugs. So I have the cell phones on my bedside table.

Last night after my husband fell asleep I checked both alarms, as I do now, because of recent malfunctions.

Last night was no exception, I checked both alarms, all was fine. Both cell phones were laying on the table. I turned over and went to sleep.

This morning we both woke up to his cell phone going off at 6:10 am, on the floor next to his side of the bed.

His alarm is set for 4:45 am, and mine for 4:10 am. Needless to say he woke up and asked me why I had put his phone on the floor. I told him I hadn't and checked my phone wondering why my phone hadn't gone off.

It had been turned over, and alarm had been dismissed at 4:10am.

I'm a light sleeper, if anything goes bump in the night, I hear it, and feel it. A few weeks before I saw this shadow man, I have become a deep sleeper.

Which is unusual, because it's been extremely hard to wake up.

The day I saw this shadow man, I was having a dream which consisted of panic. I woke up in a position I've never been comfortable sleeping in due to back issues.

I was asleep on my back with my arm resting over my eyes. My husband sleeps that way, I sleep on my side.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-20)
Spiritwaiting, I was thinking about this post (you know how things stew in your mind over time). Ignoring the shadow man part of this, I'm wondering if there wasn't a lot of sunspot activity affecting your location during the 'electronics failures' events. Some times those can last for a couple of days, or repeat in a group of days. I think it could even cause ticking on your recording.

Have you tried making other EVP recordings since this time? If so, do you hear the ticking?

Also, sunspot activity is recorded in a government log (like weather). I forget where, but a search could bring it up. You could look up specific dates to see if there is a correlation.
kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
I know this was last year, but how is everything going now?

-Kayraa ❤
vala (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-01)
I know this is an older post, but I'm new so I'm just starting to read stuff. How are things going now? Any better? Still seeing shadow figures?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
DandK,
You definitely may be on to something.
EVP picking up on spirits dimensions.
Its creepy the ticking in the back ground.

I still haven't figured out where this ticking is coming from, there's nothing in the home that would tick in that way, or make that type of sound. And the rain forest sounds were just crazy to.

I haven't done a second cleansing yet.
The activity hasnt increased at all just the normal footsteps, tv being turned off that type of thing.

Its weird but from what I have been witnessing, it to me seems as though its looking out for us.

The other night I had our bedroom tv on, for my husbands sake, I need complete darkness to sleep.

I put my earplugs in and turned over, and fell asleep.
That morning as usual I wake up at 2:21 am and find the tv is off.

I don't have a remote for this tv, you have to get up to change the channel etc.

Anywho...
Woke back up, waited for my hubby to get up for work, and asked him if he turned the tv off. He told me no.

Hmm I'm not sure if I can post the EVP but I will definitely see if I can.

Spiritwaiting
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-11)
Spiritwaiting, very interesting! And creepy. I'm wondering what is going on with the ticking. Sometimes I think that evps are picking up on a different time dimension.

Do you have any new results (post cleansing) or a way to post your first evp?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
UPDATE:

Just yesterday Early afternoon.

I decided because all of the kids and hubby were off to start their day, I would do a quick EVP.

I turned off everything electrical, all was silent.

I decided I would conduct it in my room, because this is were I've been hearing footsteps etc.

I turned on the recorder as I sat on the bed completely still.

I had it recording for all of 29 seconds then turned it off, because I felt was a cold chill sweep right passed me.

So I listened to the recording, and it literally sounds like a rainforest inside my bedroom, and what sounds like a ticking clock. Then a voice says "Get ouuuuut".

I wasn't surprised as I've known something to be here, and around me.

I literally don't have any clocks inside my home, and weird I hadn't noticed until this recording.

Tonight without my knowledge my eldest son did the same thing he put the recorder on the bed closed the door then left it.

I played it back, and heard what sounded like a slower ticking sound, and 9 times something breathing into it. And about 10 seconds before he came into the room, I heard the same voice say something inaudible right into it.

So tomorrow I'm conducting another cleansing, and this time a shielding.

Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Dandk,
I just re-read one of your comments. The flashing pinpoints of light.

I see those from time to time. I see also though
Little sparkles of light periodically.
Like diamonds they shine, and faint almost see through and floating.
Usually right before I experience something.

It started right after I saw the shadow figure in my last apartment.

May have something to do with them trying to appear to us.I'm not sure, but it has me thinking now.

Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Dandk,

Our fridge is an older model, but no popping sounds have come from it yet. My husband has checked the wiring etc, he can't seem to find anything wrong with it.That's not to say those popping sounds didn't come from it. I am definitely keeping an ear on it hehe.

Yeah the tension has subsided completely now. The energy around him is back to normal, it took a few days longer than mine. I did an energy cleanse on him while he slept two nights ago, the next morning he seemed a bit more energetic.

I usually have 2 crosses on my persons at all times. One from my mother and usually one that I purchase on my own. One chain broke with my silver cross, then the gold cross necklace broke right after.

I cleansed the silver cross, and gave it to my oldest. And still have the gold one sitting on my night stand.

Before I gave the cross to him, we moved him into this room, that seems to radiate with a creepy factor. He started having nightmares. Thing is though he's the only one that feels completely comfortable sleeping in there. Even I can't sleep in there, and I've tried.
So I gave him the cross, and he hasn't had a nightmare since.

And the meds haven't moved around since. But I also listened to Rooks advice.
I made sure I let the spirit/spirits know my intention.
So that may have played a part in the tension decreasing a bit also.

I have seen shadows around flitting back n forth but I have never felt as though there was any negative.

Thank you for continuing this convo 😊
It has really helped me to see it from the outside.

And thank you for the fridge advice!

Spiritwaiting
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-02)
Hi spiritwaiting, the fridge can probably last a lot longer even if it's making the popping sounds. My parent's fridge has been popping on occasion for about seven years now.

Our tension was sudden also, and your descriptions sound a lot like what happened with us. It has eased up, but not due to anything proactive on our parts.

That's very interesting about your cross. I'm glad things started to ease when you got your new one (and blessed)!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-01)
Dandk,
Haha makes sense with the fridge!
It's an older model that came with the place. I will have my hubby check it out, hehe probably have to get a new one.

And after the Shadow creeper, the tension in the house seemed like it was there over night, not like a usual build up.
I can feel energies around people and places, so when I felt it around him, it was cause for alarm.
The vibrations that were coming off of him were loud, that's the only way I can describe it. The energy was so heavy around him.

As of the last two days, his medications have been put into places that are unusual.I'm one to always keep everything in its place.
Especially meds. Yesterday morning he took his meds as he does every morning, I took both bottles put them in the cabinet, same place every time, this morning I go to grab them, and only one bottle was there. So I search the entire cabinet, etc etc. I leave the area, to search elsewhere, still coming up with nothing. Then low and behold there is the other bottle, sitting right where it should have been.
My husband made the statement, and he's one to not believe in these types of things says" Is there some type of force trying to kill me!?"
All I could do was shrug my shoulders, and make sure I put those meds back in there usual place.
And there is still tension, but not like it was.
I forgot to put into my experience, that after the Shadow Creeper made its appearance, my gold cross necklace (not a pendant, but a chain connecting to both sides of the cross), broke off my neck the morning after. Thats when I started to feel, exhausted and emotional.

I bought a new cross and chain, had it blessed, and put it on. Almost immediately after, I felt lighter, and my energy is back to the norm.

Thanks for responding back
Spiritwaiting
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-01)
And one thing I forgot to mention... Refrigerators can make popping sounds as they start to have problems with their condensers. Is this a fridge that came with the place, or your previous fridge you brought with you?
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-01)
Hi spiritwaiting,

Both my husband and I noticed that we had tension with each other after we have a shadow man encounter or flashing pinpoints of light observations. I don't know why, but there appears to be a correlation.

Also, for your outlets, it's likely some other outlet on the same breaker, not the outlet you've regularly used. Maybe a cell phone is getting charged in a different outlet than usual?

I ask because in one of my previous residences, I changed my wall outlet receptacles throughout the house. In one room, there was an outlet that had shorter than normal wires, so when I was positioning the wires in the new receptacle, I didn't get one of the wires secure so it wasn't making a good contact. It wasn't noticeable when I plugged simple things like lamps into any of the outlets on the breaker, but when I plugged in the vacuum, there was a clear problem with the motor. I got an outlet tester and discovered there was a bad connection on that breaker (the vacuum wasn't actually used in the bad outlet, but another on the same circuit). I took apart every outlet on that breaker to finally find the problem and fix it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-28)
Hi all! Sorry about the late response, But I will answer all questions.

Hiya Red! Sorry about not getting back to you, I promise I will 😊.

Rook,I knew I forgot something after the cleansing! The shielding.
Yes I made my intentions very clear, I made sure I stated only negative energies and spirits to leave, and aren't welcome.
I kept feeling like I was forgetting something, after the cleansing.

Dandk,
I've had my bedside lamp plugged into this particular outlet since the move in and have never had any problems with this specific outlet.
And since this encounter, with the creeper shadow man as I call him, yes tension has built up between my husband and I since.
My husband has been very tense and argumentative. A and I have been unusually sensitive emotionally when I'm in the home. Not anywhere else. And have been unusually exhausted.
And I glad to know I'm not the only one to have been watched during my slumber. Still the creep factor is there and the wonder as to why he was watching me.

Red, hehe he's still up to his fast keyboard fingers I see!

Since posting this here, I have had an O.B.E,my middle son saw our laundry room door open and a little girl whisper "hey",and I am seeing shadows darting in the hallways, out of my peripheral.
My oldest son and I were up late one night watching TV, and discussing the "creeper shadow man" when we heard a loud pop come from the kitchen. So we both stop, and get up and check it out. We couldn't find anything that would or could have caused it. So we sit back down and start to discuss that, when we heard two more of the same pops but it sounded like they came from a tunnel. I really can't explain it.

Monty,This has been my second cleansing of a second home.
So I will most definitely do another cleansing and shielding here soon.

And Rook, I will make sure I make my intentions very clear to the residing spirits, what is expected, and wanted.
I never got a bad vibe from this one. Just seriously shocked this was the second time I have seen a shadow being within six months of each other.

It may also have to do with my meditation, and opening up way more than I have in the past. So I have been concentrating on shielding during meditation, and protection for my family. The energy field it seems to have shifted a little around here as of yesterday afternoon, yesterday morning was intense, I could feel it in the air and around my husband.

Thanks for reading and commenting

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Cleansing and other method of getting rid of a spirit is seen by them as a challenge and they usually do not back out of a fight. Although I have never seen a shadow man personally but I been hearing a lot about them and would love to go few rounds with them to see what and who they are.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
spiritwaiting,
How are you? Haven't heard from you in awhile. I've never seen a shadow person but have seen shadow animals. They don't bother me but there have been times that I've stopped and pet one of my dogs only to find all of my dogs in the living room.

A couple of weeks ago I heard what sounded like a little girl chuckle like ha,ha,ha,ha,ha. I was about to get up to find the source and I hear it again. I don't freak out easily but I never have any auditory hauntings, I turn and look and it was my Malamute puppy Loki. Now my father in-law is playing with the P.C.,before I even touched the keyboard he typed 3 v's I went out for a cigarette and there was another v when I came back. Dec. 6th will be 24 years since he passed away. Things get weird around here this time of year.

Your Friend
Red
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-26)
Since you haven't lived there very long, I wonder if there is some problem with your wiring that is recently appearing because you've started to use an outlet that you hadn't used before that may have some issues. Can you get one of those cheap outlet testers that you plugin and it lights an LED green, red, or yellow so that you can see if the ground, hot, an neutral are correct? You'd need to check them all.

About that shadow man... I know exactly what you mean about them turning and casually walking out of the bedroom. The one looking at me and my husband in bed one night did that after I had been staring at him for a while. Can I ask if there was any household tension the next day?

Also, I still wonder if they don't feed off of our emotions during intense dreams and that is why they're usually in the bedroom at night watching us.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
You mentioned a Cleansing... A cleansing of energy (ies) in the Home. Did you also preform a Shielding to help 'block' unwanted energies from building up in your home?

The fact that you preformed a Cleansing 'before' seeing this shadow person makes me wonder if the 'playful' spirit you had been hearing (jumping of the bed/stomping around upstairs) was just looking for attention and has misunderstood your intentions with the Cleansing. Try explaining what you were doing with the sage and oil, and if you do not mind 'positive spirits/ghosts/energy' in your home let 'them' know it was only your wish to 'push out/cleans' any negative energy/spirits/ghosts out... (or maybe you wish it the other way around, one never knows...😉)

Explaining what you were doing may help to calm this 'shadow man' and then (hopefully) he will stop messing with your electronics. Just a thought.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: