You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Watches

Real Ghost Stories

It Watches

 

I have had multiple experiences with the paranormal before my mother died. However once she died and it seemed the activity picked up with the darker entity that I call the black figure.

My first memory that I can remember of the figure is when I was about 4 or 5 (back when my mother was alive). It would always be me, my brother and my mother who was always in between us and I would sleep on the left side of the bed nearest to the closet and the door. Well my mother had a headboard that had 3 mirrors on it in a row and the mirror above me allowed me to see directly out the door and into the hallway, the hallway light was on just about every night because I was terrified of the dark like most kids are.

I have a hard time sleeping even as a child and while I waited for sleep to take me I would rollover on to my stomach and some way or another something would always draw my eyes to the mirror above me. There would always be this black figure standing in the doorway staring at all 3 of us, and at first I thought it was my grandfather because my grandfather had his bedroom right across from us but it never struck me as odd that he stayed there staring at us.

My grandfather was a mean man back then so my first instinct was to always close my eyes and wait for him to walk away, and I would always fell asleep before I could have the chance to hear him walk away. As time passed I had more and more trouble sleeping and the more trouble sleeping the more I would see the black figure in the doorway and eventually I got so used to seeing the black figure there that every time I saw it in the mirror I would get more and more detail of it but it remained a solid black so I couldn't get any features from it. But I started noticing that it never left the doorway the entire time I was awake and the next morning my first thought (never failed) was "Did I dream that or was it really there". Which takes me forward 7 years (12 years old now) to where I've already had my fair share of experiences and a bad habit of staying up all night and binge watching shows.

One night I was laying on the couch watching some show on tv and I just get this overwhelming feeling of paranoia or anxiousness but I figured I was just sleep deprived (it had been awhile since I slept) so I just wormed my way deeper in to the cushions and pulled my blanket higher as I turned to my side. When I did that I was able to see the sliding glass doors and into the pitch black backyard and the only light was coming from the tv which was bright enough illuminate part of the kitchen. Maybe 10-15 seconds after I had turned to my side I saw a black figure walk across the kitchen and it blocked out the light that was hitting the sliding glass doors. I watched it disappear into the island and before I could let it fully register I told myself "Nope, shut up" and I turned to my other side and drew the blanket above my head only leaving a tiny hole for air. When I told my mom about this she was obviously worried about it but didn't want to scare me so she tried to brush it off and tell me I was imagining things.

A year later when I was about to start freshman year my dad's dad died, then a week later my mother died. Everything went downhill fast and it felt like the energy in the house just became stronger and overwhelming. I feel it resides in my mother's/my old bedroom. I have more experiences with it once I moved out but once I completely cut myself out of my fathers life I have yet to see or feel anything related to that energy (well actually once but it had nothing to do with the dark figure... I hope). My father is a terrible man who has done awful things so it's no surprise evil follows him and his offspring.

Other hauntings by trinity98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trinity98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
I have had similar experiences in my life and the things that watch you are so dark that they are able to be seen in pitch dark because they are darker than dark. Freaky stuff but I have not seen any lately and for that I am glad but my partner complained of a dark presence in our room a few nights ago and the feeling of being touched on the back of the neck so who knows?

What I do is smudge the house, burn incense with white sage in it and also let as much sunlight in the house as possible while in the day.

I feel that they are evil and they feed off your negative emotions but that is still not verified but you do get a feeling of dread when they are near.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-06)
Hmmm...few questions:

1) Were you living at your paternal grandfather's place?

2) Wasn't there a door in the doorway? - Please don't take me wrong but, I find it odd that your mother wouldn't try to keep some privacy during the night if her father-in-law was around.

3) "...I figured I was just sleep deprived (it had been awhile since I slept) "
Could you be more specific about the length of your 'deprivation'? Did your mother and/or grandfather ever notice you watching TV during the night and the subsequent behavioral changes due to this bad habit?

4) Oh... Never mind, you have decided not to participate in the discussion.

Anyway, excellent input from the previous posters.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-06)
Geez AugustaM, you are on fire with your comments and this is a great one!

Augusta is right trinity98. Don't EVER let anyone, especially your father dictate who you are. My father became just a sperm donor when I was 8 and it took a few years to reconcile that fact and put it all into perspective but when I did, it was a tremendously freeing feeling. (I had wonderful dreams of flying for a good year after that. Lol)

She's right about protecting yourself too. Bring on the good white light and surround yourself with it daily.

Hold onto the good person your are and take strength in the fact that you and you alone got rid of the biggest negativity in your life.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
Trinity98,

I see you chose to not participate in the discussion, but hope you will change your mind if you read the comments. I'm very sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. I also lost my mother when I was 22. Nothing replaces a mother's love, but I hope you find peace.

I can't help but wonder if the shadow figure was a manifestation of your grandfather's (and/or father's) negative energy? Of course, it could be a spirit/ghost, but that's what came to mind from your description. I'm glad you don't experience that anymore.

I second DC in saluting you Augusta. It is so difficult to break ties from a toxic family member, but very much needed in certain situations. It's important to know we are worthy of love and healthy relationships.

Kudos to you both! Thanks for sharing. ❤

Dee
DirtCreature (guest)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
I salute you Augusta!

I know what it's like to have toxic relationships that cannot be fixed. I believe we must look for love in people who will respect and support us. Relationships are a two way street. The most important person in your life starts with taking care of and loving yourself. No one deserves to be stepped on by nasty people. ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
I am so sorry for the upheaval and loss that has gone on in your life and most of all for the loss of your mother. I honestly feel that you have already taken the best and most effective step you possibly could to divest yourself of the entity. From the way I read things, that dark spirit was drawn to your household by negative energy - likely first by your father's ill will and then strengthened by the grief caused by your mother's passing. By moving away from all of that and removing yourself from your father's influence - I think you may have put that dark entity behind you with all the rest. I think its powers only extend as far as your father's aegis.

Moving forward, a full cleansing of your space might be a good idea (go to the profile of member rookdygin for a tried and true religion-neutral method or search the internet for a method that resonates with you). If you ascribe to any particular faith, consider requesting a house blessing. Fill your space with keepsakes and photos that bring you joy and remind you of the good things in your life and the people you love and love you in return. Keep yourself strong and positive - maybe take up a self defense class as those are great for confidence boosting.

I am sure our specific situations are different but, never the less, I have had to deal with a rather who was anything but fatherly as well. He is a bad person plain and simple. He was capable of bringing me down in person and even in his absence as mutual acquaintances ignorant of his real persona would mindlessly sing his praises making me feel like the bad one. The self-doubt he and his influence were able to cause were insult to the injuries. When I was twenty-two, after trying all I could to fix our relationship and make him part of my life, he pulled a final nasty stunt that was all I could take. That day in 2007, I walked away from him and neither of us have since initiated any form of contact. Many on the outside would condemn my actions as callous and apathetic - for years I put up with his abuse for fear of being classified as just that- but I lived through it, I knew better and at last I realized that was all that really mattered. I was worth more. I deserved better. That misery was not my cross to bear.

In am sorry if I have gone on and on - I just felt it was important to share my situation because I saw so much in common in your account and I wanted to be able to properly support what I said when I tell you to NEVER doubt yourself. You did what you had to do. You are strong and you are free!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: