You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Was This An Attack?

Real Ghost Stories

Was This An Attack?

 

Throughout the years I've had many encounters with spirits. Some of them were just greeting me and others were helping me with small or big things in life. However, this story is not about these friendly experiences. Because I'm looking for your opinion on something that happened to me.

Before I begin I know that the first thing that comes to mind will be that I experienced sleep paralysis. But I know what sleep paralysis is. I'm not afraid of it, because I know what's happening and I know how to force myself to wake up. It's a "been there, done that" kind of thing.

So, a few months ago I woke up and I noticed an energy trying to get into my chest. There was no real visual or feeling to this energy. But if I do need to explain the sensation, it felt and looked the same as if you would take a piece of paper and just scratch, scratch, scratch with a pencil all across the paper. Those pencil lines were as daggers or swords trying to penetrate my armor. I remember having a certain kind of "oh hell no!" mentality and I immediately fought back. I was fighting so hard. It felt as if I had to use all of my energy to win this. Luckily I won. I was in shock of how hard it had been to fight this and I felt drained. Never before had I felt attacked like this. Never.

Two or three months after, I woke up and I noticed the same thing happening again, but this time it felt as if it had pierced through my armor and was in the middle of doing whatever it was doing. I tried to fight back, but I noticed that it wasn't working. I wasn't strong enough.

I do not label myself as a Christian but I believe in God and because I have had so many experiences with the paranormal my love for god/a higher power has grown. I have faith in God and his workers/angels whatever you may call it. I genuinely feel love.

So because of my faith I asked God to help me. I couldn't do it on my own. Nothing happened and I was impatient so I quickly and desperately asked again "God help me please" and I got an answer. It stopped. The energy was gone and I thanked God.

Over the past few months nothing has happened.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing or if there is someone who knows what happened to me.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Azzopardi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-22)
Azzopardi,
I think that your intentions and strong will go a long way in fighting these feelings. Whether they are an attack from an outside force or sleep paralysis.
I also think that when you make a sincere prayer for help from a higher power, someone is listening.

Cherubim,
I think you are right about experiencing more activity around you. Maybe you're becoming more receptive to the strangeness that is, perhaps, everywhere.

- Best Wishes, Maria ❤
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-22)
I don't know what happened to you, but since I've found this website and started sharing my stories my haunting's or paranormal experiences have increased?! 😨 I've had your experience too, but it usually happens right away. You say it "pierced through your armor." Do you ever feel it's someone you knew since it came back? That's all I know to do as well, is just pray! ❤ God bless and thank you for sharing your story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-03)
Hi Azzopardi.

Without offending anyone's belief system here I kind of believe we are all little mini me Gods experiencing separation inside the mind of the one known as the source and that makes everyone of us capable of having some amazing accounts through the power of mind and imagination. I think your experience is another extended darker version of sleep paralysis.

I have had similar experiences in the past and normally burst out laughing when I have one of those please help me I'm under attack moments... Quite seriously I find them as a blessing because they give you so much insight when you understand you are always really in control of them in the first place.

You are already showing the ability to conquer the fear of sleep paralysis... Something in your mind is pushing you further, try laughing at the next one it works as well as believing a grey bearded man on a throne lend you a hand in your darkest hour.

Regards Daz!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
I have not felt that type of attack. Your description is very indicative of a preternatural presence attempting to possess you. I hope you continue to have success fighting it off. Hopefully, you will not again have another attack.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: