You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Changing The Things I Cannot Accept

Real Ghost Stories

Changing The Things I Cannot Accept

 

Things move around sometimes in a home that has people in it who are experiencing an emotional upheaval. People say that poltergeist activities are usually centered around adolescents. I am turning thirty-nine this year; but that is besides the point. I have an active imagination and I am always at the center of some creative whirlwind, wherever I go. I was also divorced last year after ten fruitless years of marriage. Last year was not my best time.

I had to move back in with my mom and my stepfather. At the time of these "goings-on" they lived in Hahira, Georgia. I was upset but I know that I tried very hard to have a good attitude about having to start my life over again - for the fifth time.

It wasn't just me that brought the attitude to the house in Hahira - there was a good amount of it there already. During the time we lived there, every single one of us heard footsteps walking around and a child talking outside the house.

My stepfather, Mark, was the first person to hear the child. Mark smokes cigarettes like nobody's business. Back and forth on the porch out back, all hours of the day and night. He has a herniated disc in his back which facilitates the behavior of being awake all night and all day. He reported hearing a child, who seemed to be trying to get his attention, shortly after midnight. It said:

"Mark! Mark! Mark!" in an excited whisper.

He said that the sound was close by his face; but the flood lights illuminated anything nearby and there was nothing to be seen at the time. The porch, he was sitting on, was a concrete square that was attached to the ground. There was no one there but himself. He started smoking on the front porch after that.

To be honest, when he said that, I thought: "Obviously, he needs a good night's sleep." I thought this, despite the fact that I was hearing footsteps all the time and my personal items were being moved all over the house. Two times, I had the unique experience of finding all of my socks separated from each other in my drawer. I can be scatterbrained but there's no way that I am the cause of that one.

I changed my mind, about the "child", one day when I met a little boy, named Colin, who was coasting around, aimlessly, in our back yard. I got his attention and asked him if he was looking for anything. He said he was looking for a child that lived in my house. I told Colin that no children live in my house - or ever have. It was a new house and my parents were the first people to live there. Colin looked confused. He asked if Mark lived there. I said:

"Sure! Mark lives here but he's 67. Who are you looking for?"

Colin, still confused, did not answer me and ran off. He came back after about two hours and insisted that there was a little boy that lived in my house and this boy told Colin to come back later to play. He was certain that a child, about his own age of 7 or 8, was there, living in my house. He said he saw him that same day.

Well, this mysterious child in my house was the subject of much speculation; but, of course, we never got any answers about that. Colin, I found out, lived nearby; but Mark said he had never seen Colin before. It was very startling that Colin asked for Mark. At that time, I thought that there was a connection between Colin and whatever was pestering Mark outside, while he was smoking. I feel silly about this but, after first meeting Colin, I began to entertain the idea that a ghost "child" had told Colin about the people he "lives with". In reality, it was probably only like this: Colin knew who Mark was and, since I was a dead-end for his questioning, he wanted to ask Mark about the "boy who lives with us".

And poor little Colin never did stop asking about him, as long as we lived there. I asked Colin what the boy's name was but he said:

"I don't know. I didn't ask."

I may have even had an interaction with this "child". The same day that Colin first came looking for "him", I was in the backyard. The backyard of this house is huge and open. I was standing somewhere near the middle when a small chunk of concrete came sailing out of empty space and hit me in the collar bone. With my eyes looking along the lines of the possible trajectory, I stooped down and picked up the concrete. I stayed in the yard for half an hour - a half hour that was filled with speculative minutes. No one ever became visible. It didn't matter - there wasn't any way for anyone to be able to hit me with such speed and accuracy from the cover of the woods, four hundred yards away.

Eventually, I stopped wondering about the concrete. Not long after that, something else happened, inside the house, that seemed like it was beyond what I consider to be "poltergeist activity".

One day, while my stepfather was at an appointment with his VA doctor, I had, what seemed to me to be, a negative interaction with something:

I was sitting in my room reading my email and I heard footsteps pass in the hall behind me. They went in my mother's room and I heard the light switch go off. I got up and walked to her bedroom door, which was open. There were no lights on; but everything was clearly visible since, as far as I can remember, it was around noon. I saw no one in there but I knew someone went that way and didn't come out. Her closet door was shut and I could see that the light was on. I went to the door and asked:

"Mom? Are you in the closet?"

"No," said someone who was most definitely in there. It sounded like her.

I thought to myself: "What fresh Hell is this?" I am used to my mother's attitude but this was a new development.

I backed out of her room slowly, down the hall and into the kitchen, where I was able to see out of the window from which you can view a considerable portion of the backyard. She was far out in the backyard pulling up weeds. She was not in the closet.

I asked her, when she came in, if she had somehow heard me ask that question. She didn't know what I was talking about.

I think that was the turning point for me. I decided to stop being a bemused bystander in my own house. There have been many times that I have recommended, on this site in the comments, that people give "Rook's Cleansing" a try. That is because I used his method over the course of three days - while my parents were out of town. Never heard a peep after that day.

Other hauntings by Lealeigh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lealeigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-08)
Lealeigh,
I have absolutely no idea what you are rambling on about with mentioning Jimi Hendrix, but yes I did spell Lilibet wrong. At the time of her birth, the papers here were calling her Lilly, Lilli, Lilibeth and now (Lilibet - which is the correct spelling). And yes again King George V starting calling the Queen Lilibet because as a toddler that's how she said her name. The king affectionately called her Lilibet from then on and so did her husband. (Sry to hijack your thread with all this dribble)
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-09-07)
We sell a shirt in my store that says "Jim Hendrix" on it with a xeroxed picture of the man.

JIM HENDRIX.

LILLY BETH.

This comment from Lealeigh is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
-1
3 years ago (2021-09-07)
Holy Crap.

Hello CrimsonTopaz and thank you for this opportunity that I never thought I would have...ever.

Forgive me for quoting one of your passages from below:

"PS: Congratulations to Meghan, Prince Harry and little Archie on the new addition to your family with baby Lilly Beth."

I never thought Meghan and Harry's babies would ever have anything to do with me.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-07-28)
That's chilling how Collin was looking for that boy? Maybe he lived there before? And getting hit with the concrete?! 😳 I'd do Rook's cleansing too. I have it copied, but have never used it. I just pray a lot. Great story, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're okay! ❤
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-12)
Leighlea,
Sorry to use your column. I wasn't sure where to reply to LadyGlow.
Nice story, thanks for the read.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-12)
LadyGlow,
Thanks for your reply. Peace to you too.
Don't believe all the BS coming your way. (That will become relevant soon enough)
ISP addresses tell many stories and the people, they know who they are can BS all they want. The truth lays in Martin's skill and IT qualifications. (He will track 'em down for sure)
All that cr&p aside, l have been reading some of your situations and really love the ones I've read so far.
I will comment as soon as my sister and I finish dinner.
She's at my place, she's actually going through Rookys ritual for cleaning. She's showing me what she does based on what Rookys methods are. Phew a lot of work eh?
Time to chow down in koala country as soon as it's cooked. Dinner is in the oven roasting.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-12)
Hello Lealeigh.

Great to "see" you around.
I'll contact you ASAP.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-12)
Oh my God, and the various people who "like" me...

Lady-glow. Please send me an email. I am doing great down here in the sweltering June.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
Hello CrimsonTopaz.

Thank you for the points, though your voting doesn't explain the exaggerated amount of voting that has been happening in recent times.

I remember Miandra mentioning some time ago, that the YGS system is programmed for a daily vote limit. I'm a very inquisitive person and had to see by myself, yes, the maximum number of votes allowed in a day is 50.
At this point I don't know how many of those 50 chances can be used to vote for only one person before getting the "please vote for somebody else" message... 2, 3 times?

Although I have no idea how many times one is able to vote for the same poster within those 50 votes, I'm sure its impossible to use it to vote 14, 20-something or even more times.

I have been observing and taking notes - yes, taking notes!- for few weeks. Let me share some of my findings:

- To begin with, the activity usually happens overnight, at least for me.

- My total karma has grown fast and furiously, (by 16 points since yesterday).

- There seems to be more than one account/person doing the activity.

- Some times they over do the up-voting, some other times the down-voting.

- Lealeigh seems to be the main target of this voting, though it has been directed to some other members.

- The night of June 6, Lealeigh's total karma was 1414 points

- The morning of June 7 her total was 1642 points... 1642, meaning that she got up-voted 228 times!?!?! - There's no way only one person/account can perform such a marvelous feat!
And this is only the last unexplained increase, on a previous occasion it went from 1097 to 1179 in only one night.

I'm not complaining neither forbidding people to vote, specially if they consider a comment to be worthy of acknowledgment, either positive or negative but, please don't down-vote just for the fun of it, like in the following example:

"ssexyca-104...months ago (2021-02-05)
Hi JoJo, four years living there, it only happened to us once, I am not sure about other hostellers. But we often hear heavy running footsteps running across the hallway, it is more active during midnight and the Hungry Ghost Month. I have a friend who was living alone at the end of the hallway that time experienced a whole other thing. One night, she was talking on the phone with her friend until late night, and while they were talking, she heard a girl's voice humming a song, and it happened for only a few second. Both she and her friend (in the phone) heard it. She told me that she might have been a passer by 😐"

The previous comment went from +4 to -11 in only one night, I voted it up once since then.

I don't know how many people are involved on this situation, but I'm sure that more than one account has to be casting all these votes.

Like I have said, I'm not asking anyone to stop voting neither pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just don't take it like a sport you have to excel at, nor use it like a revenge for whatever ill-defined reasons you might have.

Moderators, my apologies for this rant. Please delete if not appropriate.

Peace to all
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
LadyGlow
I've been upping your points galore and Melda, TRex, Jubeele, Valkricry and a few others. My sister told me to read all your situations and not just members from koala country. So I'm doing that, with great joy I might add. I understand your comment completely. This site is so helpfuul especially for new members like me in finding solutions to situations of the paranormal kind.
I know that points aren't what this site is all about and I don't even give my sister points just because she's family. If I read her replies I do give her points just like I do everyone else's replies.
You have always come across as fair and investigative with your replies. You're very straight forward and I enjoy reading your comments along with Melda, TRex, Jubeele, MacNorton, Rajine- my friend, RCRuskin, MrsRamsey and many others for that very reason.
Bibliography along with Valkricry, AussieGaz and few others are incredibly informative with their replies too and make me think of so much more than I normally would. Those are my reasons for upping the points. I believe the members here are amazing. I'm certainly not saying that the members I've mentioned are the only members that have credibility, I'm mentioning these members as these are the replies I've read to date over the past 2 years and mainly since becoming a member.
(Leighlea, excuse me for using your thread to reply to LadyGlow on a topic that has no relevance to your story).
PS: Congratulations to Meghan, Prince Harry and little Archie on the new addition to your family with baby Lilly Beth.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Sorry about the double comment... I guess it's time for me to stop staring at the screen. LOL.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
To whoever is upvoting Lealeigh's comments.

I know she deserves all the positive points in the world, and I would love if she could be active again but, don't you think that voting over 200 times in a row for her is a bit too much?

Please don't take it the wrong way but, in my opinion, by doing all this voting you are sending the message that "karma points" are a highly coveted commodity thus missing the purpose of this forum: to discuss and to exchange ideas, experiences and trying to understand the paranormal.

I know that these times are strange and people are getting creative finding ways to amuse themselves, but this shouldn't have a detrimental effect on ones health... All this staring at the computer screen cannot be good for your eyes.

Best regards.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
To whoever is upvoting Lealeigh's comments.

I know she deserves all the positive points in the world, and I would love if she could be active again but, don't you think that voting over 200 times in a row for her is a bit too much?

Please don't take it the wrong way but, in my opinion, by doing all this voting you are sending the message that "karma points" are a highly coveted commodity thus missing the purpose of this forum: to discuss and to exchange ideas, experiences and trying to understand the paranormal.

I know that these times are strange and people are getting creative finding ways to amuse themselves, but this shouldn't have a
Detrimental effect on one's health... All this staring at the computer screen cannot be good for your eyes.

Best regards.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-21)
Rex and I have been keeping busy in our corner of the world, caring for our neighbours and trying to keep the peace. Glad to hear you've made the move safely to Florida. Sending you our wishes that all goes well for you.

Bummer. System won't let me give you an upvote. But here's a couple anyway: +1+1+1 😊
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+9
4 years ago (2020-06-20)
Happy Father's Day to all of the awesome dads out there! ❤ You know who you are!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+9
4 years ago (2020-06-19)
Hi Jubeele,

I did Rook's Cleansing while my mother and Mark were out of town. The moment they came back they both said how nice the atmosphere was in the house. They weren't too specific on what they thought; but, to be honest, while they were gone I gave the entire house a badly needed CLEANING - in addition to the Cleansing. It might be that they were mostly impressed by the lack of dust and cat hair. Mark never complained about hearing voices or any other harassments after they came back.

I understand that Rook's Cleansing should be done periodically; but we moved out of that house in March. We live in Florida now - though, I don't live with my parents anymore. I am glad that they were there for me when I needed them.

Colin, however, mentioned the little boy several times, while we were still living there. He said that he never saw him again but continued to wonder. Colin is a little kid that is full of conversation - and he ran certain subjects into the ground. It could be that Colin knew that there was something really odd and that's why the subject stayed alive in his mind.

I'm so glad to see you on YGS again! It seems like it's been a while. I hope that you and Rex-T are doing well, keeping busy and having fun.

- Maria
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+8
4 years ago (2020-06-19)
Hi Maria

Poltergeist activities could seem more prevalent among adolescents because it is a period of change. The resultant uncertainties and turmoil cause a great amount of energy being emitted, thus fueling the activities. But I've known this to also happen with adults undergoing emotional or physical stress in their lives. They have told me of strange events like things being thrown around with no obvious reason, going missing or appearing.

The mimicking voice of your mother in the closet does show some measure of awareness. Perhaps a ploy to get your attention or some kind of prank? The mysterious boy was clearly not a residual 'playback'. Did Mark or Colin ever mention any contact from him again since your cleansing?

I'm really glad you found Rook's cleansing method helpful. Stay safe and be well.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-06-19)
Thanks, Lealeigh, for confirming that! Pesky points won't let me upvote you or Alina5 at the moment.
-Biblio.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+15
4 years ago (2020-06-18)
Hi Biblio!

Yes, I wrote the things you are remembering. They were the rambling comments of my first story for YGS. That first story began with something vague that happened outside to me at night. Over time, I came to a clearer belief that there were many things going on at the same time. At the time I wrote my first story, I didn't know Colin's name yet. This story might be seen as a recap of the things that I understood later; but my first and second drafts were so confusing when I tried to reconcile this story and the first one together that I just gave up.

I am sorry about creating confusion - but, on the other hand, I am really pleased that you remember my rambling comments from last August! You have a great memory!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-06-18)
Greetings, LeaLeigh.

I'm caught up on the same two points as VeronicaMarie. I swear I've read a story similar to your description of the Colin/Mark incident, perhaps it was here on YGS. I can never be quite sure (when I recall an event in this manner) if I am remembering the past or if my precognition is acting up. While I don't recall all of the details, I'm pretty sure that "Mark" was the name involved.

On the point about your mother's walk-in closet, Rook's cleansing was definitely the way to deal with it! When you asked, "Mom? Are you in the closet?" and got the honest response "No," you were dealing with a sentient spirit that examined your sentence and equivocated by responding to the first part of your inquiry (i.e.: "Mom") in a manner that could lead you to believe that it was responding to the entirety of your question. As it also mimicked your mother's voice, you *could* have been dealing with a trickster entity, but my feeling is that it was something more negative and manipulative in nature.

I really enjoyed reading this, even though I've now got goosebumps.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Lealeigh.

This is a very interesting experience and the thread of comments very informative.

I'm glad that Rook's cleansing method helped not only the people living in the house, but the spirits spending overtime there too.

It's a good thing that "your mother's voice" wasn't enough a reason to make you open the closet's door.

Great story, thanks for sharing.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+10
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Hi SWS,

I am happy that you enjoyed reading my story. I don't think I will ever know who was in my mom's closet. She had a walk-in closet at the time - with a mirror and everything; so it was actually a small room. All of us moved out of that house in March 2020.

The incident with the concrete amused me for a long time. I wasn't afraid because it didn't seem like it was done to hurt me. I actually kept the piece of concrete on the grill outside. My stepfather could never remember why I had it on the grill; so he kept throwing it in the yard. I stopped picking it back up after I did the Cleansing on our house.

- Maria
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+8
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Hi Melda,

I also think much of what happened goes beyond Poltergeist activity. There were personal interactions. I do think that I was creating some of the problem with my emotional state though. The circumstances that led to my divorce in the Spring of 2019 were beyond reasonable differences - when I moved back in with my parents, I was so furious at my ex-husband that I could almost feel the negative energy radiating out of me.

If I were a lost spirit, I would have seen my energy level, at that time, as a luminous beacon in the dark. So, you are probably right. Maybe something lost was attracted to me because I could help it.

Thank you for reading my story and for your thoughtful perspective!

- Maria
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Alina5,

I don't mind if you call me by my screen name or my first name, Maria. Either one is good. I think the activity took a while to build up before all three of us, who were living in the house, were ready to talk to each other about it. Especially my stepfather. I noticed strange things long before I would say anything about them too.

I moved in with them in May 2019 but they (my parents) had only been there since February 2019. It is entirely possible that the activity escalated when I got there because of my emotional state.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+11
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Hi VeronicaMarie,

It was extremely confusing for my stepfather's name to come up. Colin insisted that the boy came out of my house.

The little boy who died there was named George Lawson - and I was mistaken about TB. He died of dropsy at the age of 12. The property records show that a house used to be in the immediate area; but it was demolished at the end of the 1800's to make room for the railroad tracks.

The child spirit probably had nothing to do with George. There were many families in the area and "Mark" was common enough of a name.

We didn't go to the cemetery ourselves. The guy at the library showed it to us on Google Maps.

- Maria
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Hello LeaLeigh,

I don't know how I missed this post of yours. 🤔

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to know who was in the closet, who threw the concrete, and who the ghost child is.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Off it goes to my favourites along with your others. 😉

Best wishes,
SWS
😘
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Lealeigh - This doesn't sound like poltergeist activity to me. I'm no expert but just my humble opinion.

I think that the piece of concrete thrown at you was simply to attract your attention, by whichever spirit was there at the time, perhaps the boy spirit, perhaps not. The impression I get is that there were a few of them hanging around seeking attention.

Also, have you considered that they were using Colin and Mark and therefore indirectly you yourself, to release them from their bond to this realm?

Just a thought. I'm happy that you did the cleansing. Hopefully you assisted them to move on, which is perhaps what they wanted to do all along.

Regards, Melda
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-17)
Maria,

I was debating on the conscience wheather I'll call you "Lealeigh" or "Maria", considering it will be a little informal on my side (atleast my belief). But as a genuine compliment you have a quite pleasing name.

Thank you for the reply. Researching the background of the property was a wise decision. The older properties do seemingly have a lot of history attached to them.

However, this one thing which strikes my mind is

Why it all happened on a sudden instance? If the boy had died long ago, assuming the fact it was never witnessed before.

Probably the emotional turmoil in the house had aided this event?

The closest woman don't have any particular reasoning for her apperance but glad everything subsided without any harm.

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-16)
Fascinating story,Maria. I'm sort of stuck on your stepfather hearing 'Mark,' and the little boy asking where Mark was as well. Seems virtually impossible that Colin could have been talking about your stepdad, since neither of you had ever met the boy before. I keep wondering if there really was a little boy in the area coincidentally named Mark, maybe the little boy who died of tuberculosis. Is there any way to check out where this family was buried? As for the voice in the closet, and the footsteps going into your mom's room... Goosebumps right now! I'm very glad that the cleansing worked, but can't help wondering just who that was in the closet.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: