You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My G-maw Aka Granny

Real Ghost Stories

My G-maw Aka Granny

 

My granny passed away in January 08. I guess you can say we were pretty close, because she stayed with us. At first, she was staying with her son. She a triple by pass surgery. We couldn't afford to take care of her at the time so my uncle took her in. Eventually, he put her out. We never knew why, but we just dealt with it, and did the best we could do.

So she started staying with us. And of course we would fall out, because she and I were exactly the same I guess, but we understood each other. Right after New Years 2008 she became sick. She was a stubborn old lady, so she wouldn't go to the hospital. One day it got so bad that I called 911. I felt guilty, because she had fallen in the floor. (I was upstairs and she was downstairs) I couldn't hear her calling me and I couldn't hear my phone when she called.

When I finally got up I went downstairs and she was sitting on the floor just picking stuff up off the carpet. I asked her how she got there she just said "I was trying to get to the couch..." I was scared to move her so I just called 911. They came and took her to the hospital. I had to call my mom so she could come home so we could go to the hospital with her. When we saw her she was talking and laughing. But they wanted to go ahead and take her to the hospital to make sure was okay.

The weirdest thing happened while we were there with her. They called my mom to the emergency room, while back there my mom was talking to granny, and at the end of the conversation my mom said " I love you" and my granny sat straight up in the bed and said " I love you too", but the scariest part that my mom said was when she said it, it was like she wasn't even talking to her. She was looking past my mom like she wasn't even there. My mom came back and told me this and when she told me I knew what was going to happen.

They found out that her potassium shot up so high that it turned into poison. They were doing dialysis to get the poison out. But she wasn't responding anymore after the first day. The second day she still wasn't responding. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with her. The third day was the same. The fourth day they ran tests and found out that she had a stroke and was brain dead. My mother decided my sister and I should be there to watch her pass at 64 years old.

Of course, I stayed and watched to be strong for my mother, but after all of that, that's when things started to a little crazy for me. I was fine the whole month, but after that I started having dreams about her. One dream I remember is that she was with all her children and grandchildren and so on and so on. All together there were 5 generations (nobody in our family has seen 5 generations) so it was a little off for me. Granny was just talking to us. Telling us stories then it jumps straight to her funeral. With all the generations lined up in order. It was just weird to me. Some dreams I would wake up with cold sweats others I would wake up crying.

I don't know if any of the dreams are significant, but they sure do get to me. Out of all the dreams I have, I always remember the ones with Granny. I have asked my mom about them she says granny is just stopping by to say hey. But my mom doesn't have the dreams, and my sister doesn't. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Quita12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Just to make you feel better, I totally understand what it's like to suffer through a loss like that. I am an AVID dreamer, I dream every night and often have lucid control within my dreamscapes. However, I would think that these dreams are more a product of your dealing with G-Maw's passing than a supernatural phenomenon.

But hey, what do I know? All I can say is to start writing them down when you awake and you may eventually discern a pattern.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Sorry for your loss. I think your grandmother was trying to tell you she is ok now and among other family that passed before her. My own mother died at 65 which seems so young by today's standards but it happens all the time. She may have seen someone other than your mother when she was saying I love you. Dying people have been known to see passed relatives or friends and this seems to be quite common. Some people tell of a lovely place they visited and they know they are going there soon and are not afraid. Some have been able to pinpoint their time of death even though they may at the time be doing better physically but it still happens as they predicted. Personally I think that when someone is closer to death than life the veil that divides both worlds becomes thin and they can actually see what is on the other side. I would like to think family that has passed before us would help us make the transition. This happens so much it's either true or something the brain does to comfort the one passing as some scientist claim. Guess we will all find out one day.
Quita12 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I appreciate your feedback. I was trying to figure out why me. It didn't to much scare me it was just I wasn't use to seeing deceased people in my dreams lol. But once again thanks for your feedback.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Thanks for your story Quita.

You said it yourself that you and your grandma were close which could explain why she comes to you in your dreams. Another reason could be because you were obviously having a bit of a difficult time accepting her death. She needed to pay you a visit to tell you that she has now joined the rest of her family and she's well.

I'm sorry for your loss.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Im very sorry for the loss of your grandmother. You said you feel guilty because you didn't hear her when she fell. Maybe that's why she's coming to seee you, to tell you she's alright and not to feel bad.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Very compelling story Quita12. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. When you wrote that you and her were exactly the same, therefore resulting in conflicts I'm assuming between you and your grandma. Maybe she chose you because you two have that sort of connection. She's possibly showing you what she wanted out of life, or maybe what she wants to show you. Its not anything to be scared about. Usually when deceased loved ones come back to you in dreams, they still have a message they want you to know or to tell someone. It's like unfinished business.

I suggest maybe reading up on lost loved ones visiting your dreams and kind of relate to other people's stories as well. You might be able to find your answer. Maybe before going to bed one night, ask your grandmother to tell you exactly what she wants and needs so she can be at peace, as well as yourself. It may or may not work, but you have to have an open mind and an open heart to only your grandma.

Hope this helps, and again I'm sorry for your loss.

Elina ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: