You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Dog And A Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

A Dog And A Grandfather

 

My Story Begins in January 2005, with the death of my uncle Bob. I was about 15 at the time and his death upset me regardless of the fact I barely knew him. It was at the funeral I felt my first presence. A being was hovering above the casket, some one who was not my uncle, but some one I recognized. For the next few months as I was getting over my Uncles death the presence was in my house it felt like it was trying to comfort me.

Then on April 15th, 2005, the first disturbance happened. I was really down in the dumps when the radio which I never turned on and the volume was off, began playing the song "Don't Worry Be Happy". The radio played the song then, as suddenly as it started, it shut off.

All was quite a while after that until September 2007 when I was watching television at around 2:00am with the bright full moon and clear skies. At 2:00 exactly the television shut off (the remote on top of it).

I could smell a familiar musk, one I haven't been familiar with since 1995 and the smell of cigarettes (our house is a smoke- free house). The only person who smoked was my Grandfather who had been dead since 1995. I could tell he was telling me to go to bed so I said into the air "I'll go after this show Opa". After I said the smell cleared and the TV turned back on.

The next day I was vacuuming the upstairs landing when the smell returned. I looked out into the hall towards the picture of my Grandparents and I saw the outline of a man with a cigarette staring at the picture. I quickly shut the vacuum off and left him in his thoughts.

The next disturbance scared both me and my dog Senta. My dog and I were in the office on July 26th 2007. She was lying on the floor while I was on the computer. My family had gone for the day and the cats had been locked up as usual when my parents went out.

At around 12pm, the computer and TV suddenly shut off simultaneously. Senta sits up, ears in attack mode, starts growling at then I looked at the thermometer and it had dropped before my eyes 6 degrees lower than normal. I then heard work boots up in my parents' bedroom. Since no one was home and the dog was acting odd I grabbed a baseball bat and made my way to the stairs where the sound had made its way to. I got to the stairway and no one was there so I then turned around and left. The sound of footsteps moved up back into my parents' room, and disappeared. The temperature rose again, the TV and computer turned back on.

In November we had to put Senta down. When I came home from school that day my parents had taken her to the vet, so I went for a walk. I walked by my house at 4:30pm (the moment she died) and I looked in our bay window and saw her there a full body apparition looking at me. I looked at her, she barked and vanished.

Over the next few months (November - present time) I have felt and seen her in her usual spots in the office, upper landing, door way, and the hallway. Once I even heard her bark from the basement living room. I have grown used to her now. I believe she protects the house.

On another note, in the same time period (November - Present) I have seen a man walking up my side steps out of the corner of my eye, so has my friend Drew and my Mother. My father has seen Senta around as well.

Other hauntings by Reaper666343

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reaper666343, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Carpediem (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
That was one of the more touching stories I have read. Thankyou for having shared that!
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
No need to say sorry. I was just pointing it out.:)

But you should feel happy your dog would rather stay and protect you, then passing on.

God bless, and all the best mate

-Carrotred
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
This was a touching story. It seems that your grandfather came for a short visit. I bet he jsut wanted to see how you are doing. I realy felt sad when you talked about your dog. But the good thig is that she still protects you. Your dog realy liked your family I guess. Thanks for sharring this great story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Wow, thanks for the story. I sort of hate reading about hearing things late at night. XD After what had happened to me.

Anyways, no need to apologise for your username. It's just a representation of your personality or something you decided that will go well with the site you're on.
Either way, some people may find it disturbing (I don't) but no need to apologise.:P

My name "Ominous" - evil, threatening / Nyx - night spirit. Dark and mysterious, with powers of illusion and concealment.
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I relize my name may be disturbing... And I'm sorry if it offends some... But its what the actual computer gave me I was going for Reaper 6 but it gave me other options... So again I am deeply sorry for the username. 😢
Carrotred (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Having a name called "Reaper666" is kind of disturbing... 😐

But on a seriose note, when the temperture drops its most likely a demon, the colder it is the worse the demon. If your dog Senta is still around your house, it means she loved her life, and loved you. Be happy she sure must be:)

All the best - Carrotred
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
This is just a memorial haunting that most places will have. It seems that the place you live in has a good atmosphere that allows the ghost to stay there in your house.

Hope you have a good staying and a pleasant life in that house of yours...
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Sounds like Opa is visiting when he pleases. The dog seems to be able to do the same thing. I heard the jingle of my dog's collar the day we came home from the vet's to have her put down from old age. I was running the vacumn at the time and I heard it over the vacumn. I turned it off immediately and thought it was our other dog walking in the hall but the sound was like right next to me not at a distance. I checked and the other dog was sleeping on the bed upstairs in our room. So did I actually hear her saying goodbye one last time? I would like to think so. I never heard it again. When the last dog was put down from old age that dog jumped on my bed for about 3 years just like she did when she was alive. It never scared me but it was so real I would turn the light on and ofcourse nothing was there. Why do some just say good bye and others hang around I don't know. I do believe we can be visited by human and animal spirits and some choose to stay and others do not. As long as it's not a scary thing I would think it's noting to be concerned about.
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
thanks for taking the time to read it!:) and yes I totally agree that it was my grandfather by the casket and I do believe that all animals can come back to those they love.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Hi Reaper (that's a scary name you have chosen).

I guess you know that better than me that your grandfather was the one standing over your uncle's casket and the one walking about the house. I also guess his presence meant to comfort you and protect you as well as his whole family. I was touched by your description of the figure looking at the picture on the wall-could it be that it brought back memories of a fulfilled life as well as a realization of how much he and your grandma meant to you all to keep that picture up on the wall? Most likely.

As for your pet, I tend to believe that animals very much like humans come back to those they loved in life and miss in death.

Thank you for the story 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: