You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unforgettable High School Camp

Real Ghost Stories

Unforgettable High School Camp

 

I was a freshman when I attended the High school camping held within our school's premises. It was a night to remember. Saturday, full moon, around 12am, all the lights were turned off and the participants were gathered to the OVAL (open air) to have a campfire and held a mini cheering competition game from different teams. During the competition, one of my classmates, Laila, screamed as loud as she could and then fainted. The cheering squad stopped and we all looked at her. Before she fainted, we noticed that she was pointing her fingers on the third floor. We all looked at the third floor and we all saw a lady wearing a white long gown with a black long hair.

We panicked, others screamed to death. Then, the coordinator announced that no one should panic because maybe it was a whiteboard or something that was blocking the stairway. No one listened. Our teacher decided to turn on the light switch and the white lady was not there anymore. No whiteboard nor blackboard, nothing. It was really impossible for that image to appear.

Monday morning, back to school, everybody was talking about what happened during the campfire. Others couldn't get over it especially Laila who was the first to see the white lady. All of us were really upset. We then realized that it maybe a part of the show. My classmate-Anne and me went to the Science Department and talked to the coordinator about the white lady. She said, "We have no idea about the white lady. The purpose of the Science Camp is to welcome the freshmen, a night to stargaze and a night to enjoy, not to scare the students. Every year, we held Science Camp on this campus and it was also our first time to experience a ghost apparition. The best thing that you can do now is to get over it. Maybe the lady in white is just welcoming you".

I just wish that she didn't welcome us at all because I had a trauma and never went to Sci-Camp again.

Other hauntings by eris29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eris29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

arbsy (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
i always dream of having seen one (white lady) especially when I am in a scary place but I guess it will not show ITS SELF to me, do you think it's just fine or I'm unlucky for not seeing one? 😕
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
wow glad I found this story! 😁
I remember when my school held a Survivor competition where we had to spend a week living in the school. I was the only freshman to get selected, and even though everyone considered me the underdog I was in the final running. Unfortunately I lost. Anyway, so I was lying on my air mattress at about midnight trying to fall asleep. I should have been tired because they made us do this really annoying obstacle course-race-treasure hunt. But I couldn't sleep. I thought I saw someone walk by in the hall outside the door, and I was hoping one of the other contestants cound't sleep too so that I could talk with them. So I went out into the hallway, and there was no one there. At the time I was too tired to realize what that meant, so I just went back to bed. The next day, though, when I remembered I freaked out.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Wow that's creepy. Maybe the white lady used to work there and was checking out the camp or maybe she was attached to one of the new students. Whatever the case saying 'get over it' certainly isn't going to do it. I'm glad everyone's ok. And I am glad that no one got really hurt other then the fainting that is.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
hmmm... Interesting story. Maybe the "white lady" used to be a student and was just visiting or she has some unfinished buisness to accomplish.

If you see her again, bring a friend with you and ask her what it is that she wants and maybe you can help her pass over.

Just remember to be careful and that you are lucky to have seen it, because a lot of people do not get to see ghosts or anything. 😊
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
(rhodes68)

You're very much welcome:p

Her death really gave us a lot of lessons to learn.

(ChrisB)

Thanks so much for the compliment. I will post other stories as well.

>Thank you and you both have a blessed day<
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Hi eris, thank you for your kind words-I didn't know 😳.

Well, I guess a tragic end such as that can very well explain the energy left behind.

As for the apparition appearing for the first time... I would have to guess she felt somehow connected to you that year, maybe one of you or something you did must have reminded her of her own time there.

Unless of course she was had been there...observing. Strange!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Wow what an interesting story. I think what Tonith said makes sence. Maybe the coordinator said that just so you could come down. Who knows. Thanks for the story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care 😁
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(DeviousAngel)

Fortunate, if you may say. But it really scared the hell out of me that it caused a trauma. I have never attended the camp anymore. Though, I know it's fun but I was scared to see another apparition or much worse than that.

Thank you and godspeed...:P
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
eris29, thank you for sharing your story with us! That would startle me for sure! I feel bad for the white lady though... Perhaps she hadn't meant to be seen or she was just wandering around a place that meant something to her. Either way, you're fortunate to have had this experience!

Blessings,
DA
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(whitebuffalo)

I absolutely agree with you.

I think the girl committed suicide, 16years old at the year of 1990 if I'm not mistaken.

The sci-camp that I have attended was around 1997. As the coordinator said, there had never been an incident before so I am not really sure if she's the one making the appearance or just a "VISITOR".:P
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Well, that would honestly make a great deal of since then, eris29.
As this took place when you were younger, and the Science coordinator was probably around my present age, that places us in a completely different time frame.
Even if this death did not occur within the last twenty years, views on premarital (or EXTRA marital) pregnancies has changed quite a bit. With the feel of total acceptance from the coordinator ("Just get over it...") I would think she had been there for some time.
I DO know that when I was in high school, an acquaintance of mine (could not really call her a friend until after she returned) had to go visit her "Aunt Martha" for about seven months in our junior (eleventh grade) year. When she returned, she was a "different" person. No one spoke about it, no one asked her where she had been, and NO ONE invited her to the parties of the season. She had become an outcast.
NOW a days, it is acceptable. The community often times rallies behind the young lady (sometimes the young man is actually involved too) to support in whichever means is needed.
In short, that would make absolute sense for her to be there, if indeed it IS this young woman who found herself in the sticky situation of being in the "family way".
Do you have a supposed time frame, by chance?
Thank you.
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(rhodes68)

Hi there! First, want you to know that you're one of my favorite posters here. I have read most of your stories.:)

I think she's not a frequent visitor because as the coordinator said, it was the first time she appeared on the camp. Well, I just thought that it might be the girl who jumped from the third floor before the graduation day. She comiitted suicide because of the unwanted pregnancy.

Thanks and Godbless.:)
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(Tonith)

I agree with you. I think that the coordinator would want us to stop the issue and move on. She was just comforting us, in her own ways, I guess.

But this incident made me believed in AFTERLIFE and EARTHBOUND ENTITIES as well.

Thanks and Godbless...:)
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(girlie)

You may be right about it. I just thought that she was the girl who committed suicide because of the unwanted pregnancy. Not really sure,though.

About your experience when you were 7, I think it would be much traumatic than my age.

Thanks and Godbless.:)
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(whitebuffalo)

I'm not really sure who the girl was but rumors says it was the former student who committed suicide before the graduation day because of her unwanted pregnancy.: (

Thanks and godbless.:)
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Girlie, you didn't obviously see the quotation marks Whitebuffalo used or read all of her comment before deciding to criticise-maybe you should read more carefully next time before attacking another poster.

Eris obviously if so many of you saw the apparition, someone was there observing you. Despite the fear the experience caused, she didn't really do anything bad, did she? Could it have been that she was a frequent visitor, one that was seen by other campers in the past? Have you tried to learn anything about her? Since that was a school camp there had to be some records concerning other sightings.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
I don't think the coordinator knew what to say but tried to calm your fears. From what I gather about the culture of the Phillipines they tend to believe in spirits without making a big deal of them. They seem to be accepted phenomenon. I'm sorry you were traumatized. You saw what some people search a life time to see. That may not be much a comfort but it should be a comfort to know by your own eyes that an afterlife does exist.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Uh, Girlie?
It was not ME who told them to get over it. Read the story again, and then re read my comment. I was quoting the Science Coordinator.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Don't listen to whitebuffalo. You can't get over something like that. I think it was a girl who much have died in the school that day a while back. Maybe she just wanted to watch.
Wait a moment do you even get what whitebuffalo said anyway.
I unerstand. I saw a ghost at the age of 7. It took me a long while to get over that. But the best thing to do is to wright about it.
GIRLIE 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
"Get over it"? OK, Sure.
What the heck kind of advice was THAT to give? Well, at least you did not get a full out and out lie from the Science Coordinator.
Any idea on who the White Lady was? I can imagine that your classmates talked at length of her, and perhaps some of the upper class men had some ideas?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: