You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Happenings

 

I was on the computer one night, my normal place. I was role playing when my glass of water slid right across the desk, in front of me, a few feet. It stopped quickly and I felt a cold presence. There was no watery trail coming from the glass of water, and no doors in the house were open. No screen doors either. There was a fan in the other part of the room, but I doubt that it can move a full glass of water. There was no pool of water around the glass, mind you, and the house was cold.

Here is another story:

It was a Sunday. Early and cold. I got up to go to the bathroom. When I came back, I lay on my bed and played video games. Then, I felt someone rubbing my back. I assumed it was my brother and turned around. Nobody was there. I found no explanation for this.

Yet another:

It was a Saturday, about two weeks from the last incident. I woke up, stretched, and yawned. I turned around and heard someone say my name clearly in my ear, "Kirby..." I was freaked out and turned around to find nobody.

I never really felt comfortable in my room after these incidents. I wanted to find out more about ghosts, so I started watching Discovery Channel's show, A Haunting. I have learned much, but am still worried.

Please post comments.

Other hauntings by Kirby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Dear 6senses,

Thank you for the comment. I do believe that the gesture of rubbing my back was my grandfather. He died a few weeks before that incident. Thanks again,
Kirby.
6senses (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Some people think that ghosts have to take the energy out of a room to be there, which makes things cold and easily moved. I personally think that this is not true. The temperature can change, I guess, but spirits probably just move things on their own. And getting your back rubbed is a gesture of love, so this ghost could be closely connected to you. Family, guardian angel... 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
i can't explain what has and is happening in your house. Do you feel that the entity(s) mean harm or are they just sharing your space?

maybe you should just ask it to leave in a firm but respectful tone if these occurances are bothersome. I am not sure if it will work, but couldn't hurt to try.

i have to say the part about the actual physical contact of rubbing your back creeps me out totally!

God Bless!
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Woah! These stories are absoutly creepy! Especially the one with the back rubbing! 😲
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
thats so creepy! Things like that happen to me sometimes too see the story I entered ok!
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Wow, really? Nvever thought of that... Okay, can you explain the thing rubbing my back?
robynhoodwinker (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Re; being called and no one is there... The "Old Wives" tale on this is when you hear your name being called and no one is there a spirit is trying to reach you. I don't know myself?
M. (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hello,Kirby
My sister told me that sometimes, when her husband was at work she would hear him calling her name from downstairs in their basement! I think, we might be doing these things ourselves and without knowing we are. I have read many ghost stories where people claim they hear their name being called out from a distance or up close to them. That also has happened to me... But, only once!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: