You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Unknown History

Real Ghost Stories

An Unknown History

 

I haven't found an explanation for these. It is ALWAYS cold in my room. But that's because I keep that fan on high, and the attic in near my bed. Normally, when I wake up in the morning, I feel hot breathing in my face. Or the back of my neck if I'm lying to my side. It happens normally, right when I enter my room. I get the hot breath on the back of my neck. It's like someone is right behind me. The trouble is, I can't hear the breathing. In my room at least.

The other day I was on the computer, typing out a report. I went over to get the glue bottle from my mom's scrap book table when I heard someone say my name, in a breathing hushed voice. Then I felt the breathing. This time, I HEARD the breathing. When I turned around there was no one there. Of course. My mother was outside feeding the seagulls. And my dad and bro were out golfing. I do admit I hear things sometimes, but never like this. I crossed out the possibility of it being my imagination.

Our house has had some Hauntings. When the owner built our house near the sea he and his wife divorced after a year of living there. After their divorce, we bought the house and have been living in it ever since. I had thought a new house couldn't be haunted. I was wrong.

I thought maybe the ghosts might have driven out the owner and wife. But... It took a while at our house for the hauntings to kick in for us. They're getting worse and worse... With every week. But they're not serious... Yet. I thought of our house being built over a graveyard or something... I'm still pondering it.

What makes me wonder is what happened when the owner and wife lived here. But they moved away separately, so I can't ask them. Whatever the case, these are some very shy ghosts!

Other hauntings by Kirby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kirby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Shane I think it is poltergeist activity. 😕 I was really miserable in 6th grade so I think I created my own space of negative energy. It's died down since then, but we experience something odd every now and again.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Yet again, Shane is the only person with a reply that's worth listening to. Don't believe the demon/devil stuff, you'll make yourself crazy with fear!
I hope things get better and you feel more at ease in your home soon.
Have you tried finding out what was on the land before your house? It looks like you are in the UK (Ireland?), due to the 'Freedom of Information Act', it should be quite easy to find out.
Good Luck
olivia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
the hauntings and ghosts can hert you but that's only if you mess with them
chibai (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
I don't think that the previous owner seperated. Maybe that is what people said. For me I think they have been killed by people and their bodies are being buried underneath the floorboard. It may be true cause I have been experiencing that before when I lived in Australia
Newbie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
I would have to say it would be demonic activity, go talk to a minister about having your house blessed in the name of the Lord,

Any minister would be glad to do so, let them know your financial situation and if they care about your situation they will not require funds to do this
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Kirby, thanks for answering my questions. I still believe that you maybe having poltergeist activity. I can't say that for certain as I am not able to do a complete investigation. If it is it will more than likely stop without any further problems.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
I think their shy cause it took a while for the hauntings to "kick in'. Also, I am not sure if anyone else is seeing and hearing these things. My mom pauses sometimes and acts as if she heard something. She definetly had an encounter that she told me about. But my brother and dad are hard headed. They don't see anything. Apparently. To tell the truth, their gone when I'm mad or upset.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Kirby, I have begun to wonder if what you are experiencing is a poltergeist activity. Do these events only happen when you are alone or when others are present also? Are they worse when you are upset or mad about anything? You say they are shy, what makes you feel that way about them? They seem to be making themselves known to you, but I take it not to others. Not trying to be rude or nosey. Just questions so I can try and help you figure out what you are dealing with.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: