You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shadow In Wisconsin

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow In Wisconsin

 

My name is Christian and I am fifteen years old. This is my first ghost experience but I hope it is not my last.

It was the summer of 2008, my family and I always go on vacation somewhere during the summer. So this year it was Wisconsin to go to the world's biggest water park. It was a long drive but we finally got there and stayed in a Motel 8.

It happened at around 11:00 p.m. While the rest of the family were sleeping (I've always had trouble sleeping). A shadowy figure just appeared in the doorway. It was very vague in shape but I thought it was a woman. At first, I thought I was dreaming. I pinched myself to see if I was. I felt the pinch, it hurt, I was not dreaming. I even put on my glasses but it did not go away. It was real, and I was scared out of my mind.

It slowly came towards my bed where I was lying. It got so close it could touch me. Its hand slowly came down and touched my arm. I felt nothing but a cold breeze. Then it disappeared, like a wisp of smoke, right in front of my eyes! I was so freaked out about it, but did not tell my parents.

I wonder if she's still there waiting for the next visitor to spend a night, in the dark room in the Motel 8 in Wisconsin.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triscint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Thanks for posting your story for us to read triscint. What an odd experience, I wonder who, or what, it could have been in that motel8 room.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
ok I not mad at anyone here or anything but I have to say we should stop bugging triscint with these postes. So this my last on this one.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Kecoughtan:
I know I've stated a few months ago that I was going to take a break. I came back... Got caught up in some good and bad stories.

I'll be checking once and a while for posters I respect. You have my email address (and a few others) so we'll for sure be in touch.

ONCE AGAIN: I apologize triscint
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Hollyhobby, I hope you do not leave YGS but should you, I understand your frustration with posters that rush their comments forward before carefully considering the implications. I was taught the only way to help a friend is to offer up thoughtful counsel. Rushing forward so quickly that one doesn't have time to use proper spelling, capitalization, or punctuation reveals disordered, cluttered, and ill-organized thoughts. Despite the best intentions, such careless advice is likely to produce the opposite effect. As the sage bard from Strafford-on-the-Avon wrote, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Please excuse the interruption triscint, but I feel I must object to the Stonehenge being classified as a dangerous. Visitors to the site are not permitted to get as close as in the past for perservation purposes. As is common with other World Heritage sites, access to some areas is restricted because the large number of tourists inadvertantly cause harm to the site. As far as being dangerous, the greatest peril at Stonehenge is pissing off the archaeologists. Damage a 9,000 year old site and it really enrages the archaeologists.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
first off I don't care about stuped titals. I could care less if I have the best or worst advice, as long as it helps some one. And I can take it the some don't agree with what I say. And the agure ments I talking about is not lettaly the type you get mad about, I like the type that's in a way like debating. I not trying to get any one mad. I went on here to 1: help others 2: have a good disagrement talk. 3: to make friends
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I am a bit lost here how did Stonehenge and draculas castle come into this hmmmmmmmm. It has nothing to do with the story.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I don't see it as an argument of "who is right who is wrong". I don't enjoy an argument for the sake of an argument (especially over the internet). Clearly you and I are not on the same page. THEREFORE: This is my final "statement". You have your opinion/I have mine. Hopefully we can be mature adults (although your profile claims you're "a kid") and let it go.

The reason I'm taking a break from this site is... I'm going to be blunt and if it offensive I apologize in advance:
I'm tired of posters that leave random comments/act like they know EVERYTHING/Or leave comments that suggest the same thing.

I don't like attitudes in real life. I feel you have an attitude. I feel that you are posting comments to 1.Gain "titles" (i.e honorable poster/esteemed poster) 2.You can't accept criticism of your theories. (Although you DID sort of answer Whitebuffalo, so that was nice of you)

BEFORE you even point it out: My comment below (the "angry" one) I feel was validated, because frankly it was rather condesing.

Maybe I'm the only way who feels this way. If so... So be it. Maybe you are trying to be helpful. Maybe I'm misjudging. I'm human and I err. This is how I feel. I need break.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Theres no tours due to the fact that its too dangous. And don't leave, I like a little angrument about who right or wrong and you basicly the only one that question me basicly. And Sorry triscint for making this not really helping you.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I googled "Dracula's Castle"

I got two websites:http://www.draculascastle.com/index3.html
Which is also known as Bran Castle. Or wikipedia it. I don't think it would be dangerous seeing as I don't see a link on the website offerinig "tours".
They also list "Castle Dracula" which (taking the text straight from the site) "In Ruins". Of course I'm sure you could visit the ruins.

I honestly don't have the energy to talk about Stonehenge. Frankly, I don't have the energy for this site anymore... I thought I'd give it a shot again. But...alas.

Also; I'd like to apologize to the OP. Clearly this post is no longer about your experience. I'm sorry if I have fueled any of this fire. It seems some people are just posting comments to get a "distringushed/honorable" title etc. I've been watching it happen the past couple of days. Like they need to prove they are "experts". That is just my opinion however.

Whitebuffalo,Deviousangel,KimSouthO,FRAWIN,Kecoughtan,rhodes and other respected posters... I hope to keep in touch with you
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
ok if you ever been to stonehenge, they have closed it off from people going close to it. They said it was "too old to be near" but that's not 100% true. A native barural is under where it was built and it acts like a portal for the ghost, that's one of the hardest ones to close too. Now the castle. I not 100% what its truly called but I learn it from the name I used. That place can not be explore much any more for all the ghostes that's there.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Well how wonderful that your first encounter would be such a non assuming, and gentle one, triscint. It is nice to hear the stories about the ones that are not scary. Thank you for sharing this one.
What would be interesting to find out is if this were an entity, or the residual energy of someone who had a highly emotional time there. I should HOPE it was in the water park, and NOT at the Motel 8. Did you happen to check out a few things? Like if anyone else had reported seeing this same figure?

And I am with Hobbyholly, zoajet. What do you know that I do not know about Dracula's Castle and Stonehenge? I have come to the conclusion that both are rather "blank" locations. Please, share your evidence. I would be glad to learn something new!
Thank you.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
ok maybe I may have worded it rudly but did not mean to get you mad. I did not mean it in a rude way, so sorry for that. And truthfuly speacking yes I been to both of them.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
"ok if you do not know the danger of those two then its not even wroth explaning, you just go to them."

I have been NOTHING but respectful to you and others on this site. Maybe your response is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe I'm overly sensitive reading it. I don't appreciate the condescending tone I'm getting off this.

And I can't simply "Just go to them". Have you been? I am certainly willing to research them and read up on their history. But to purchase a plane ticket to England or Romania is OUT of the question.

I don't want to start one of those juvinelle fights via internet. Perhaps I'm out of line posting it, but I will not allow someone to suggest I'm "not worth explaining something to" (i.e You're too stupid)
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
ok if you do not know the danger of those two then its not even wroth explaning, you just go to them. The castle if very haunted and not many people ever go there any more. Secondly those who explore in it only lastes about 10-30 minutes before they too scear and flee.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Futhermore zoajet: I by no means meant for my pervious comment to come off... Rude or nit-picky.

I'm truly curious as to why you think those two locations are "dangerous". Perhaps you have more knowledge on them than myself.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
"The most dangerous place is one o two places. 1: Dracular castle 2:stone henge"

"Dracula Castle": are you refering to Bran Castle? That would be a castle that Vlad III the Impaler stayed at for two days. Why is that dangerous? No doubt some tense and horrible things happened there...

"stone henge": Stonehenge, once again I don't see how that is dangerous. Granted there is folklore and it has burial grounds located there.

I don't see how these two references pertain to this story. Plus I don't think the OP mentioned wanting another "ghostly" experience.:Shrug:
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Asking, why would you want another ghostly expearience? The most dangerous place is one o two places. 1: Dracular castle 2:stone henge
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Relax guys I'm not giong to use a ouija board. It's dangerous its stupid, and I think its against my religion... I think. Also to hobbyholly I do not believe my mind was just playing tricks. I just rode in the car that whole day. So I don't think I was tired at all
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
There is a thin line between our conscious state in repose and our subconscious state. I'm not saying you didn't encounter a real ghost but just saying, to me, unless it happens when wide awake I tend to have my doubts about the validity.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
what ever one is spelled meaning a ghost basicly. I seen them every day basicly. I put myself in danger all the time, but in a way not really ever in danger.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
zoajet: Ok, you're not good at spelling thing correctly.

I was trying to ask if you have seen a "sprite" or "spirit"? There is a slight difference. I'm assuming the OP saw a "spirit"...at least from the description.

Just wanted to clarify
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
yeah I am not that good of a speller. But like I said to on my other comments, if you expect to use a ouija board which for you I advise not to, then make sure your know how to rightfuly close a sesion and to know how a exocism is done. I always uses them but unlike most people, I learn how to send them back and make them fear me instead of the other way around.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
zoajet: Do you mean "Sprites" or "Spirits"? Or was that a typo?

And to the OP (if they come back); I would heed angelfeathers advice. Also; is this your only "encounter"?
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Christian, please DO NOT use a Ouija board. Judging by the volume of negative experiences chronicled on this site, the general consensus is that Ouija boards invite trouble. Sometimes SERIOUS trouble. Plus, you can't really trust what comes through them anyway, so why bother? By using one, you're not only "stirring the pot," you're essentially sticking your entire hand into the bubbling cauldron...

Further, please reconsider what you wrote above. You write about being "scared out of (your) mind" and being "freaked out." In my opinion, fear is GENERALLY a defensive/survival reflex. If your initial instinct is to be afraid, then chances are, there's good cause for alarm. People here sometimes forget that the "ghostly" things we encounter are much older, wiser, and sometimes more sinister than we expect. The negative stories on this site FAR outnumber the positive ones. And if we were meant to see "beyond the veil," so to speak, it would have been lifted by now. If you decide to peek, you could be in for a rather unpleasant surprise. There's a reason why the "veil" exists...

Food for thought that you can chew on for a while.

Blessings,
A.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Well ouija boards are trouble but like I said if your going to use one, make sure you know how to close a sesion right. I been in Dells a few times and I have seen many spirtes.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Um...I wouldn't try using a ouija board. I mean... Unless you want to stir the "pot" so to speak.

I've been to the Dells many times. I've never got a good nights rest there mainly because of how hectic that place is. Also, I've seen some of the Motel 8s out there. I don't know what ghost would want to haunt them

I'm on the fence. It could have been a spirit or your mind playing tricks on you after a long day of travel/Dells attractions
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Sense this was your first time, it was not hauting you. The ghost must be binded to the motle for some reason. Well I advise you not to do this unless you know the proper way to use it. Try an ouija Board for more ghostly experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: