You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: His Last Words To Me

Real Ghost Stories

His Last Words To Me

 

This is not actually a scary story for me... It happened when I was in high school...

I have a best friend in high school, his name is Danny. We were classmates back then and team mates in our school. We can say that we are like the "DUO" in our basketball team in our school... We share a lot of pranks, hardships, championships amongst other things...

One morning, I woke up around 4:30 because the phone was ringing. I answered the call and it was Danny. "Hey bro, have you answered the assignments already? Are you done with the projects and our reports?" I was surprised that he was very eager with the assignments and our reports. It was unusual for him to ask about school stuff, because he is one stubborn student... I answered "of course, are you sick or what? Calling me so early in the morning and very concerned about school projects?"... He just laughed and kept quiet for about a few seconds... I asked why. He said "nothing, just want to say to you that start being serious with your studies. Its time for us to be mature and quit making your parents cry...", I just laughed and said "yeah right." he said goodbye already and said these words I can't forget " life is short, make sure that you enjoy every moment in life and go for the things that will make you a better person and happier person". Then he hung up...

Amazed with what he said I hurried to school after getting ready. I got in the classroom earlier than before. The 1st bell rang and he was late... I even told my classmates about him calling me saying those weird words. They were laughing and one of my classmates even commented that " maybe he is about to die!" after saying that, there was a silence in the room as if an angel passed... A knock in the door caught our attention...Danny's parents! They were with my adviser... My adviser called me; Danny's parents were looking at me. When I got close to them, his mom hugged me tight and suddenly burst into tears... "Is there a problem? Did anything happen to Danny?" I asked... My adviser said "He's gone..." Making sure I heard her right, I asked again... "Danny is no longer with us..." Danny's dad said to me..." he got stabbed last night in the basketball court, one of his rivals did it". Of course I didn't believe it at first, because I told them that he even called me this morning... His parents said it couldn't happen. I asked them what time he passed away, they said its 4:15 am... And he called me up 4:30...

Until now, what he said to me is still my philosophy in life...

"Life is short, do what makes you a better and happier person"

Other hauntings by delrosarioallen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, delrosarioallen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
he did indeed come through to tell you how he felt... Wow that is so special!
garuga (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
your friend is a true friend for he still did worry about you and your future and he did gave you a very nice advice so I will follow his final words to you also! 😊
francevieburias (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
to delrosarioallen
live your life according to what your buddy said to you... He adviced those words to you for you will not regret your life for being a stuborn maybe... Just always remember your buddy in times of loniliness.
Elaina28 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
: (Made me sad. Do you still miss him to this day? Your dear buddy?
monterola_ana (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
sorry for what happen to your friend. That philosophy word can change every humans life from now, we struggle difficulties in life...so,do what you have to do that you will not regret after all... 😊
paulo (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
this is a very touching story I wish that I had a friend like you friend thanks for your story
-SarahS- (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Gosh, this is a sad story and touching too. I'm sure that you guys are a very close friend. He evn did call you and gve you a very wise advice means he cares about you. May god bless you
delrosarioallen (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Are/were your clocks fast? Terribly sorry but that is all I could think of when I was reading this, his rival let him have a phone call or something before being killed and he called you.

But even if they are fast I am sure he wanted to have a last chat.

Sorry that he is gone.

To Julles_And_RatsDogsAndFrogs

Actually he called after he died in the hospital...
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
I have heard of spirits using the telephone as a means of communication. Seems like they can use anything that produces energy or frequency. Spirits are energy without a physical body but can still manipulate physical things with this energy. That said, mostly what you have reported usually happens in the dream state to people. Meaning even if you dreamed it, it was still on a level with a premonition being that you didn't know he had passed. I am sorry for your loss but your friend gave you good advice even it was from the afterlife.
Julles_And_RatsDogsAndFrogs (3 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
By the way this is touching and sad, but I can't figure out how he called you, I didn't know spirits have joints...? Considering what I just said, maybe I need to be more open to what the Lord does.
Julles_And_RatsDogsAndFrogs (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Are/were your clocks fast? Terribly sorry but that is all I could think of when I was reading this, his rival let him have a phone call or something before being killed and he called you.

But even if they are fast I am sure he wanted to have a last chat.

Sorry that he is gone.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Hello, that sure is very sad I too lost my best friend to cancer, she very wonderfully person in my life. I am sure your friend very wonderfully too and yes that died then visit you to say goodbye until it times for us.
delrosarioallen (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
wise words indeed... Maybe he sensed that my life will be full of regrets if he didn't give those words...now, I'm happy with what I did, what I am doing and will be happy with what I'm going to do! 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Prophetic last words of a loved one are often the best comfort we can atain, given that they are not with us in the physical life any longer.

It sounds as if he was ready to grow up, then his chance to do so was taken from him.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Wow...That was a sad story. It is good to know that he is watching over you. Good luck and God Bless You! ❤ KatieChan
ZackandChelsea_forever (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
This story is really touching... Very sad. It's actually so good, it almost seems unbelievable.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Definitely words to live by. What an amazing account and most of all, what an amazing gift he left to you.

Jennifer ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
What a sad story. You must be lost without your buddy. However on a positive note, he did leave with you Wise Words.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: