You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Midnight Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

A Midnight Shadow

 

After being on this site for a few months (without actually being a member) I felt like I had to get this story off of my chest. This happened about two years ago around Christmas time, when I was eleven, and I was still getting used to the new house we where living in.

It was storming that night, a rare thing to happen around where I live, and it didn't bother me one bit, it would always storm where I used to live. It was around midnight and I was lying in my full sized bed, on top of the covers and I was staring at my ceiling. To the right of me was my entertainment area, to my left, a book shelf. I had two large windows next to each other behind me and a vanity in front, on the left of the vanity was a door, the door to the hall way was open and the room across from mine was my mom's sewing room, the window faced me. I listened to the rain hit my window, I remember feeling a warmth and joy, but suddenly I felt cold and a strange urge to look up, so I did. I put on my glasses that where next to me and I propped my self up on my elbows.

I could see a tall male shaped figure walking down the hall, he was wispy, like smoke, and dark, really, really, dark. His long arms moved limply as he walked slowly in long strides, when he was perfectly in line with my door way, he turned and just stayed there, watching me with his dark red eyes.

I couldn't breathe or move, I wasn't scared but I had no control over my body. Lightning struck and he seemed to absorb the light that came from the window behind him. My body was forced to lie back down, then I felt normal again, I sat up quickly and he was gone, I got up quickly and searched my house, no one was awake. Officially freaked out of my eleven year old mind I attempted to go back to sleep, hiding my self with blankets and pillows, I couldn't sleep that night, and I kept hearing a deep raspy male voice call my name, it called it quietly, but it seemed to eco around my room.

Even now I still see a shadow like him in corners of my room, but it doesn't scare me as much as it did then. It seems like he wants something but I just don't know any more.

Other hauntings by evilelf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilelf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LordBain (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-29)
hello I have read your story a midnight shadow and I have had a similar experiance but I was 15 when it started to rely kick off I saw a red eyed firgure and I was pinned down on my bed aswell but I herd someone eles talk to me while the red eyed figure fled from me and the other being anyway the shadow isn't good and you should avoid contact with him at all costs...

If you want any information you can contact me on darkbain [at] hotmail.co.uk
evilelf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
To Scorpi266
Thank you for the really intresting comment, it really made me think. Honestly, I have no clue what it is, when I'm around it the feeling... Let me think. It's...dark...not demented but dark. I sence that it doesn't want me to know what it is, so it's hidding it's self.
scorpi266 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I must say that ghost/spirits/ enities light or dark can never harm you. They cannot choke you, scratch you or restrain you or posses you. If they could they there would be millions of cases of random people being spontaneousily attacked out of the blue acrossed the whole world... Especially to world leaders, or terrorist ect. Out of all the claimed hauntings only 2% turn out to be actually real ghost hauntings. There are more in the paranormal plane then just ghost, most of the time when people think they have seen a ghost it turns out to be a relative visitor from the otherside, or the person's spirit guide or even just a friend astral projecting in their sleep stopping by to say hi. What do you sense that it is?
evilelf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
To AshleyHalliwell
I've read up on Sleep Paralysis and I don't really think that's what was happening. I've been doing just fine resently, I've been seeing him around and in the middle of the night I'll be awake working on my laptop with my doors closed, and it will be like I can feel him standing outside my room, wating. But nothing bad or intresting has happened and, I'll keep you posted.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
You said that you couldn't move which makes me think that what you experienced could've been sleep paralysis. If you do some research on it you might agree. However it could, just as easily, be a shadow person. If it is a shadow person then you should be very careful. Most of them can be very violent, as you obviously experianced. I hope that you are ok and don't get harmed in any way. Keep us posted.
evilelf (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
To Balquemajeek
I get how scary shadow figures can be, but for some reasion they seem to like me. Any way I don't think I can get rid of this one who I've started to call Bastion, without drawing atention to my self, my family doesn't beleave in such things as this. I just pray and that seems to make it go away for a while.
Blaquemajeek (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
That would have scared the hell out of me.😨 I've had several encounters with shadow figures. (one of which I've posted here.) I hope you can get rid of that thing before it becomes violent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: