You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Farmer Is Still Hanging Around

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Farmer Is Still Hanging Around

 

It was been a while since my last post. I have recently divorced and now live alone in a historic district of town. My new place was built in 1925 and to my surprise I haven't encountered anything...yet.

My story actually takes place at my friend's grandma's house. My friend's dad and other relatives work on the property making horse bits and other accessories that they sell at horse shows etc. The house is tucked away down a windy dirt road. The property is surrounded by trees, fields, old tobacco barns / sheds and a pond. The place has always had weird pull to it - nothing too frightening but it just gave off a feeling of not being alone. I have been to this property many of time day and night and have never experienced anything other than the feeling I described before.

7/27/09 I was over there hanging out and talking like normal with my friend and his dad when all of a sudden something caught my eye and totally stole ALL of my attention. There was an old tobacco barn about 40 feet from where we were standing. I saw plain as day just like I was looking at you or me, a man walk straight through the front door of this barn. He had on a tan cowboy looking hat and tan looking clothes - looked like overalls. I quickly interrupted my friend and his dad and told them what I had just seen. I must add that I had never been told any history of this place before nor been told of any ghosts.

My friend's dad went on to explain that the first owner of the property had actually hung himself in that barn in the 1900's. I was in awe. It was so cool seeing a ghost in the daylight, outside and in such a real way except for the walking through doors thing.

I walked down the barn and looked around but he was gone, yet I could still feel a definite vibe in the air. My friend later told me that he had been alone out there one day a few weeks back and noticed the dogs going crazy. He saw a man walking around the same barn in the trees but couldn't make him out too much - the man faded away. My description of the clothing and color matched what he had seen. I would like to help this poor fella move on. We'll see...

Other hauntings by BriFischer05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriFischer05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
LOL it's ok, I get where you're coming from... Just thought it was cute. Have a good weekend:)
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
BriFischer05:
Yes...Yes I am. I don't mean to be overboard about it. At the same time, I find it very annoying when trying to read someone's misspelled/error filled stories. Same goes for comments.

It is one thing to make a typo... No big whoop. It is another when some poster just blatantly disregards the English language (unless English is not their native tongue).
Plus how can I "believe" or what have you when you get someone always spelling "Ghost" wrong. I mean really. Come on.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
PS - wow hobbyholly you're pretty serious about spelling and grammer huh? LOL just saw your profile 😉
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I feel it was prob residual as well. Hobbyholly: it is a 2 story deal. I'm lucky tho because I am on the top floor:) I'm a good neighbor tho.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Congratulations on your new start, Brian. People who committed suicide are doomed to be earthbound, either because of fear of punishment or confusion. I am sad to hear of things like these, of poor souls being 'trapped'and being unable to move on. But this is also a sad reality that people face as a consequence of their actions. You're lucky to have witnessed all that! I probably would have passed out! I wish you all the best, Brian. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I don't think many people get to experience a full blown apparition in broad daylight that looks solid but yet does something like walking through a solid door. Still sounds like a residual haunting unless this spirit makes or responds to contact. Someone that takes his or her own life may be afraid to move forward because of punishment for having done so. It ends up getting stuck and with no concept of linear time as we know it just keeps trucking on thinking nothing has changed. Lots of theories out there as to why this happens but more than likely it's just residual and not threatening.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Sounds similar to my "ghost farmer" experiences growing up.

I'm not sure how you could help him "Move on" but, I would see it as someone who is connected to that land and making sure it is kept up well.

As for your new home, congrats. I too live in a house built in the 1900s. Hopefully it isn't a two flat like mine. The sound proofing is awful and I can hear EVERYTHING my new upstairs neighbor does (although I think she takes advantage of us and is louder than need be)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: