You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Party

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Party

 

This story I'm about to tell you really happened to me swear to god! If I'm making this up may a hobo fry my brains for an omelet! Well, it all happened when I went to korea to visit my mom on Jan. 14 sunday. I watched a tv show when it was time for me to got to bed. But I heard something interesting... "Blank gathers in this day".

Then my worst fears were realized. Jan. 16 is the day when ghosts get together. In Jan. 16 I forgot the whole ghost thing then. While I was playing outside at night with a couple of my korean friends and cousins, I saw something strange, I said "hey what's that?" in korean, then suddenly my friends and cousins were shaking badly and I yelled "Hey who are you!?" I said in korean, then the unexpected happened. The women or a girl, because I couldn't tell, looked at us and showed her face and I mean, oh my god, the face scared the living hell out of me!

We were screaming and running inside until we saw more ghosts and I said "we're so getting out of here!". And I ran inside and told my mom the whole story and she looked out and almost everyone in the whole apartment complex heard the story and saw the whole thing and slept with scary dreams.

If I'm making this up, may a zookeeper make me a plate of monkey business!

Other hauntings by Chris

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Chris and other posters,
When you claim your story is true that is a red flag to us that it is not. We tend NOT to believe these kinds of stories. I don't buy it.

The town that I grew up in on Long Island has the last weigh station (a place for weary travelers to stop for the night in colonial times) on Long Island. George Washington visited there during the Revolutioary war. Supposedly someone tried to kill him there and the bullet hole is still in the wall. Would you believe me that my story is 100% true that he haunts the place and I saw his ghost? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Most people have never heard of Long Island New York why would he haunt a place that he vivsted once or twice.
Teddy Roosevelts home on Long Island named Sagamore Hill is said to be haunted but I have not been there since I was a child so I wouldn't know.
Red
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Hi Chris!

That zookeeper and omelet thing is funny! Lol 😆

That experience of yours was 8 years ago, so I doubt you will be able to read this, but I enjoyed reading. 😉

---Bela---
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
In my country, Malaysia, it is the belief of the Chinese community (I am one, though I don't believe it) that the 7th month of the Chinese calendar, which is somewhat in the month of August, is the month when the door is opened between earth and hell. It is also called the Month of Hungry Ghosts. Many Taoists here believe in this and offer food to the spirits of their deceased ancestors, on an altar and pray to them. Here the Chinese Taoists (not all are, as many are Buddhists and Christians too) actually have performances of chinese opera with themes of long ago myths of a hoary historical tradition with the main intended audience of ghosts (who have supposedly crossed over from the other side). People do watch them too, and there is even the more modern stage shows of modern singing with mini skirted young females (for hornier spirits I guess!?). So if this is anything to go by, there is said to be certain "haunted" dates in different countries/communities traditions, something like Halloween and All Souls' Day (for the Christian community here where they go to the cemeteries to place flowers on the grave and say a prayer for the departed). A Taoist version of this practice is the "Cheng Beng" where the Taoists and Buddhists, go to the cemeteries or columbariums of their dear departed to pay their respects. But I personally find this story hard to believe partly because of the way it is written, but who knows?
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Or was it a Keeshin because I've heard of them, mainly young women with long black hair covering their faces and wearing long white nightgowns. They supposedly resemble the "Grudge".
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Please describe this woman's face. I have to know in order to make out on what you exactly saw. What part of the fae scared the living hell outta you?
jhygz89 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
In the philippines ghost as 'they' said do get together on every november 1st of the year... That was freaky story indeed lucky to be scared with a bunch of people... Not like others whom had story and experienced it all alone...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Please, don't challenge your luck. Your wishes may just come true.

Sorry but I don't buy this one.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
thats a weird story I didn't know jan. 16 ghost got together it doesn't happen around by my house I live in the united states I never hurd of anything like that
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Hey deejaymigs I could tell you what the girl looks like but you have to watch a science Korean show called sponge every saturday night at 9:00p.mand then youll see what I'm talking about if they show it.
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
OH and if anyone has a korean channel watch this show called sponge on saturday night at 9:00 p.m its a science show so it tells you a lot of wacky things!
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Hey Guys thanks for the comments ecxept to the unbelievers It was a legendary folktale in korea and it was true! Experiences with ghost's like that and your scared for life! Just be careful of ghosts that look like young woman cause they want vengance on everybody!
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Shane,
Triple threat indeed! I think my friends and I almost had a heart attack that night... Either us, or my friend's mom, since she was asleep when we started screaming. Ooops. Haha.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
No Deejaymigs, what we are saying is that since we are not there and were not there we do not know the events that have taken place in that particular region. For example, let's say where he seen this take place a mass murder occured, now this happened on Jan 16th of 1500. Now every year on the 16th of Jan these spirits reappear for what ever reason. I am not saying that is what happened just giving a possible answer to your question. Just my opinon and not fact.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
deejaymigs (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
I don't believe this story either. If this is true, at some point in his story , he could have described what the girl looked like and what kind of ghost they saw that night. There is also no significant reason why ghosts gather together on a particular date. Does this mean that ghosts speaks to each other and set a date to have a get together?
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
To Chris= You know, in Mexico as well in Puerto Rico, there is a festive day called, "Dias de los Muertos".
In that day many people go to cementry. In Ponce where I live, I have heard a lot of people used to visit an old cemetary near town, on Prostestant Street. At midnight, they prey to a Budda kind of god, a white mist appears among them, People pray for health, money, and cures. I just don't know. But a lot of people comment on this. You will never find me in a cementary at midnight, No way Jose!
It used to be so abandoned, crypts opened, bones scattered, but now it is a tourist attraction, Many famous people are buried there. Famous in this country I mean. But check it out in the internet. Ponce oldest cementary. There are so many stories related to that particular day.
Rose
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Thank you EarthboundAngel, looks like you had a triple threat happening there. :) The excitement of it all, dang nabit.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
I agree with Shane. We are not living in Korea, nor do we know very much about the old stories concenring the afterlife in that country. Just because it might be hard for one to believe, doesn't mean it's not true. Look at all the skeptics in the world when it comes to the paranormal in general, let alone one little story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
People we are not in Korea or Korean either, so we can't say that ghost don't get together on Jan 16th in that country or that particular region. Who are we to say that a tragic event did not take place on that day and that is the reason they show themselves, it could be a residual haunting taking place. Just my opinon not fact.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all
expert in ghost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
i defitnely DO NOT believe this. Like MasteryofDarkness said why jan.16?no point to it sounds fake! But on the other hand who knows could be telling the true!1
purplegerbil96
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Where did you hear that ghosts "get together" on January 16th? I've never heard anything like that.
HELENA2006 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
I'm not sure it's true, but who knows. Some of it just didn't make sense. Wierd things happen and most people probably don't believe my stories but they are true and I hope you all read them, they're called 'A real nightmare' and 'A real nightmare 2' (Which will be here soon)
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
I don't believe it. Why would ghosts gather on January the 16th? There is no point to it.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Just so you all know, this author has been very persistent in publishing this story which I initially declined. I personally don't believe it but maybe others will. I do welcome a story from Korea.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: