You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Make A Wish

Real Ghost Stories

Make A Wish

 

I live in Cancun, Mexico with my sister; I've been in Mexico for 5 months. I had several encounters with ghost, shadows, and what you can call "evil entities" back in Houston, Texas. My family is sensitive in the sense that most of us, my 2 brothers, sister and dad can perceive ghosts.

Since moving to Mexico I had not perceived anything out of the ordinary, besides the occasional nightmare, nothing to be scared of. I lived in my hometown, and then came to Cancun, moving to a new home.

The house seemed normal just like any other. The houses here are made from cement, so there isn't the "old house creaking noises." The house seemed perfect, no entities, nothing to be scared of.

Little did I know that my sister has been shadows pace in and out of the hall that leads to my room. I sleep with the door closed, so I have no way of knowing this. My sister sleeps with the door open. She talked to me about it, but mentioned it's nothing to be scared of. You can perceive something evil, by the feeling that the atmosphere gives off, you know, the common goose bumps and sense of fear. But this shadow, was nothing out of the ordinary, she thought it to be "energies of light."

I've noticed the shadow as well on several occasions, not remembering what my sister told me. I went up to my sister and told her. She replied saying that she knows and she had already told me. Several weeks went by with nothing out of the ordinary, besides a something that I still can't distinguish whether it was reality, or sleep paralysis. Besides that nothing to be scared of, until last night.

I fell asleep around 2am. I tend to leave my laptop playing music but closed, so that there is no light in the room. I fell asleep facing away from the window. I woke up at 4:45am because I got cold. Bear in mind that I am in Cancun; it's really hot even at night. I don't have A/C so I sleep with the windows open and a fan. I got up, checked the time and covered myself. When I lay back down, still facing away from the window, goose bumps ran up from my feet to my head. I felt the bed go down as if someone else laid on it. I didn't freak out, I had this happen to me several times in Houston and the trick is not freak out. I tried not to make much of it, but now I couldn't sleep. I started to lip sing the song that was playing, "Dream World" by Robin Thicke, to try to put myself back to sleep and to ignore whatever it was that laid down next to me. I felt a hand grab my arm; I was lying on my side, so that my left arm was up. My body got all warm. I feel them getting close to me; goose bumps ran from my neck down. I tried to not freak out. This entity then whispered in my ear, "Make a wish. I'll grant you any wish you want."

My eyes got huge, my mind started racing. I freaked out. I tried to move but couldn't. I tried to scream but only let out a whisper. I whispered no, since it's the only thing I could do. I thought to myself no. The entity replied "Come on make a wish, any wish, how about you wish for an adventure, you've been pretty bored lately, haven't you?" I freaked out. All that was on my mind was a big NO. All of a sudden, I began to have second thoughts, it sparked a temptation. While I was thinking, no I don't want a wish, there was a little voice in my head saying, "Do it, wish for something." The entity seemed to know there was controversy in my head, and he began laughing.

I tried to calm myself down, so I fixed my eyes on the door, and through the door came a glowing figure, it was a woman. Very pretty. She came to me and hugged me. She then covered my eyes and told me everything was going to be okay. Instead of seeing black when people cover your eyes I saw white. The white disappeared and I could see the door again. I could move and speak again. At this moment, a breeze entered the room that it blew the curtains in. I had goose bumps all over my body, so I went to sleep with my sister. I couldn't shake the experience, nor did I feel that I could sleep again. Before I left the room, I checked the time it was 4:52. Half a day later this experience is still bothering me. It wasn't sleep paralysis, usually you can move your fingers partially and mumble, and it goes away fast. I couldn't move any part of my body, I could whisper and before I couldn't move I was lip singing and even covered myself.

I'm really having problems figuring out what type of entity would come to you and tell you to make a wish. It's really bothering me, anyone have any ideas? My sister said the devil, but that's a little bit too much. She said the figured that came in was my guardian angel, I can believe that.

Any ideas anyone?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aldizzi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
It was a demon not a devil, maybe theirs no difference but if you had made a wish something bad would have happened. Your guardian angel saved you from a terrible fate Thank God ❀
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
That is a strange story. I think everyone seems to agree that it is a good thing you did not make a wish. I've never heard of such a story before. Thanks for sharing.

-Sydney ❀ 😊 ❀
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
Cancun's a nice plan to suntan. It's also incredibly hot, almost as hot as my hometown (easily 95-100F by midday). That kind of heat can really mess you up, specially if you've been asleep for a couple hours and suddenly wake up feeling cold (because of the thermic effect and such physiological manifestations of heat homeostasis too complicated to explain here), I wouldn't put it past you if you felt lightheaded when you stood up.

My guess: For just a few minutes, you managed to continue dreaming during awake mode.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
What a strange story! I think a ghost could say "Make a wish"; why not? You hear them say all sorts of random things on EVP!

Whitebuffalo, I would be very interested in reading those mirror studies you refer to. Could you provide references? Direct links would be great; otherwise, if you could put the references in a format, like apa, so I could find them myself, I'd appreciate that:

Author. (date of publication). Title of article. Title of journal, volume (number), page span.

Thanks!
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
I think that this was a demon, because ghosts barely have enough power to manafest themselves--how can they grant a wish?
Tiz88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
thank you for taking it in mind. DONT EVER MAKE THAT WISH DUDE. I MEAN NEVER. NOT MATTER HOW CONVINCING IT MAY BE. Please don't 😳
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Ah, a person after my own heart.
Very good. I too, have a few... Issues with modern science. The only problem is finding the funding to go along with paranormal research. It is very hard to get the kind of government backing that is needed.
That is probably one of the biggest reasons that I fall back on the tried and true when it comes to battling such things. Who knows? Maybe the thought processes of those hundreds of years ago were much closer to the truth than what we presently are. Add to that all the boofa that those who do not experience put some of the rest of us through, seems like no one really wants to pick up that weight and carry on the studies.
Thank you.
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
White, I'm a science guy myself, I don't take it to heart nor do I blindly believe it, I guess it's more of an idea that I think seems right. There are a lot of things, we cannot explain or cannot even begin to understand because our science can't explain it nor prove it. I think our science needs to evolve. But I still will try it. I'll tell you how it goes.

Tiz, thanks. It's fine you can't stop your researching, I've had the ideas given to me. I think I'll just let it go, until it shows up by itself. Genie or no genie I'm still not making a wish. OR well, unless I'm like 100% positive it doesn't want part of my soul or anything of that kind.
Tiz88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Right Aldizzi, this story facinated me. More than the others to be precise. So I decided to do a little research, As crazy as it may be. It could be a genie. Strange yeah, but possible, maybe. I don't know for sure I just saw the word and it gave me the strangest feeling. Did you become cold when the entity touched you? If not it could have been. Genies are known to be very tricky and nasty. Nothing like the aladin story lol. Sorry if this means nothing to you. But I want to ask you a question. Why would your gaurdian angel save you from a genie. Do you want me to research more?, I'm happy to help! 😁 πŸ˜‰
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Oh, yes, book luver, thank you for the compliment. Let's wait and see how long it takes to work. πŸ˜‰ Then we will know just how "sweet" it to be. 😊
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Ah, I see.
That is one of the major reasons for decorating this mirror to look like a window (so that YOU can "block out" any reflection that you really do not want to see). I have one child that would have nothing to do with mirrors, and one that has some sort of magnetic pull toward them. Most of the larger, "common" mirrors in our home have curtain rods and curtains so that they can be covered when needed (especially in the bathrooms).
Not too sure how I feel about mirrors being a window to another dimension. There have been studies done to prove or disprove such a theory, but nothing ever came back positive either way. I am pretty big on gaining proof of any theory before taking it to heart.
Once you have confused him and sent him packing, you can simply take down the mirror. There would be absolutely no NEED of it once the critter is sent skidding.
We have an old custom of sewing tiny pieces of mirror into the "dress" of a person who seems to have "taken hold" of a ghost (attachments). When the feelings of... I guess just "the attachment" has gone, the clothing is folded up and placed in a chest or some other box and put in a place where there would be little to disturb it. Until it may be needed again.
Thank you.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
How did you know it was a he? Whitebuffalo sweet suggestion. Whatever the shadow was it was not kind. ❀
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
thanks moon...

White, I don't like mirrors because I have a thing, ever since I was little that I stare at my face and it distorts into something else. I've always had a believe that mirrors are like windows into our dimension and vice-versa, from their dimension in an area that just calls out to ghost, per say when there is a person that is a light to them, such as I and my sister. I've never had mirrors in my room and if I did, they were always covered.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
hi aldizzi I think this spirit offering you a wish is a bad one a good spirit will never offer a wish or ask us to carry out a task in any way that's one of the ways we can tell if a spirit is good or bad so if it ever returnes tell it is is not welcome and to leave and has no right to be there. I would say however that the lady you seen in a very bright light was your gurdain
angel who came to protect you and this other spirit I feel won't return... Hope you have peace in the future and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you... Take care keep me posted. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Why is it that YOU stay away from things that cause reflections?
Thank you.
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Thanks. I shall try it. Though I tend to avoid keeping things that cause reflections. But thanks for the info and comments, it's been helpful. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Well, sure.
I can see why.
It is not everyday (thank God) that a non-visual presence makes itself known by murmuring sweet "make a wish"es in ones ear.
May I make a suggestion to you?
I have no idea how old you are, or even if it is within your power to do this (it is not that it is difficult, just that SOME people need permission), but here goes.
How about hanging a mirror in your room (alright guys, quiet in the background. Wait for it) and "decorating" it with curtains to make it look like a window? Preferably on a wall that is NOT opposite your actual window (waaaait for it). On the opposite wall from THAT (this is why it is preferable to NOT be opposite your window) place some kind of religious symbol. (waaaaaait for it) It can be anything from a Mandella to a St. Christopher metal. On the final wall place some sort of crystal (or equivalent) that gives off prisms when light hits it.
(NOW!) The "dancing" light of the prisms are said to "confuse" those without body form. With the prism maker on one wall, the mirror SHOULD pick it up and put the prisms on another wall. The final wall will absorb the prisms from both the walls and the mirror.
Confuse the heck out of them, and send them packing.
Just a suggestion that is known to work.
Thank you.
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Haha. Thanks. I didn't feel any other body part, from what I can remember.
The windows are always open and when I am in the room the fan is always on. The walls are white, and it's a pretty clean room, there aren't things that would make it feel tight or closed in, since about the only thing I have in it are a bed, a fan and clothes and some books. By dense I mean like the air gets heavy and the atmosphere changes, it gets weird, like you just need to get out of the room. This happens at random times, including during the day. Not always, but like once or twice a day so far.
Well there was something that happened to me like 3 weeks ago in the room. I don't recall what it is exactly, I put it away. It seemed bad, because now looking back on it I slept with my sister for about a week. Come to think of it, it was around the same time, I just don't remember what happened. Besides that there is just the lingering shadow (which by the way appears more often to me since that happened) but it's nothing frightening nor does it give off a positive or negative feel to it.
To throw it out there, there has always been something that haunted me. Those were negative entities that made themselves seen. This one didn't feel as bad as things I've experienced in the past, except for the wish part, I'm still confused about it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Thank you, aldizzi (love the name, by the way). I appreciate the quick response.
And actually, yes, there IS something else. πŸ˜‰
This may all be in the translation of the word, but you say your room is always dense. Are you meaning that it has that "heavy", closed in, feel to it? All the time? Even with you opening windows and using a fan often?
HIS touch. Did you feel any OTHER body part (and I thank you for trusting me enough in the not meaning sexual) of HIS? A chest, arm (not hand), a cheek on yours etc.
I would assume that the cold feel at the back of your neck would be that of his arm, reaching around your head to touch your arm. IF it were two live persons, geographically, that would make absolute sense.
This actually seems like one of the proverbial battles between good and evil. You know what I mean? Was there anything going on (outside of the two beings that reportedly were in your room) for you that may have been such a battle?
Thank you.
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
hmmm I doubt the arm grabbing entity was a ghost
Ghosts don't really do that whole make a wish thing.
I don't know πŸ˜•
Obviously the woman in white, whether your guardian angel or not,
Helped you so I would hope she will do the same again if the unwanted visitor returns
Good luck
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Honestly, I don't remember a change of smell, I didn't take that into account. Next time something happens I will. 😁 Though, the room did get darker. It stayed dark even when the woman came in. It got a bit lighter when everything finished. For as him touching me somewhere else, no, it was only my arm. It wasn't a hard grab but gentle. I didn't get a look at him. I didn't want to. Lol. I can say the air/atmosphere was dense even after everything was done. At random times when I am in my room, it feels dense, but that might just be my imagination. His voice wasn't really scary, nor persuading, nor gentle, just really deep. I didn't feel a breeze in my ear since I have the fan pointing at me, but I did get a cold breeze in my neck at the moment of him touching me. His laugh seemed menacing. Anything else?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Hmmm.
You have got me thinking here.
Could you tell me, please, did you notice any change in smell when the one was whispering in your ear? Any sense of a breeze on your cheek? You did say that you felt his hand on your arm, but did you feel any other (Stop and think about this. I am NOT trying to imply any form of sexual touch here) body parts on you as he was whispering in your ear? Were you able to look at him, and if so, can you describe what it is that you saw?
I...
I am a mite perplexed, and here is why. IF this man who was tempting you with wishes (and I have GOT to say that this is a first in my experience) was a ghost, he was an intelligent haunt. They are the only ones that can communicate with us, form rational thought processes, PURPOSELY touch us.
You were fighting to regain composure and looked towards the door and almost instantly this glowing woman floated through. She also had an intelligent communication with you.
You know, I am actually thinking through a couple of solutions here. I just am running on very little clues.
Intelligent haunts are the ones that everyone wishes for. Well, that is if they are wishing for a ghostly encounter. Just about anyone who is open can experience a residual haunting. If nine times out of ten the activity is residual then the tenth time it would be intelligent. That is how rare the experience.
Non-human encounters are those visits that include angels, demons and deities. Non-human class spirits are extremely rare and absolutely impossible to scientifically prove. These spirits are solely based on religious beliefs and as such are sensitive subjects when considering them. As you could already imagine you have a better chance at hitting the lotto then encountering one of these three entities, however most investigators have some religious beliefs. There have been reports of evil spirits and very polite and good spirits.
Incidentally, 80% of all "hauntings" are explainable. Poltergeist activity is slightly above those of non-human experiences, and worlds behind intelligent and residual haunts.
I will be looking forward to your answers. I am very interested in the outcome.
Thank you.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
I have no clue what either thing was, yes the one could be your guardian angel, but for now I'm going on the safe side and saying that I don't know. πŸ˜‰ It's a good thing that you didn't make a wish though, the entity seemed pretty evil and I think everyone on here would agree that if you had made a wish you would have regretted it. I can't exactly say what I think would have happened if you made a wish since I've never heard of something like this before but I get the feeling your life would have been at risk. Thanks for sharing your story, it was a very interesting one.

-Hope ❀
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Hmmmm interesting so far everyone thinks it is a Guardian Angel. I would not say so myself. I would go with SP myself, as you were unable to move, speak. I have not heard of an entity telling anyone to make a wish.
Tiz88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
The gaurdian angel suggestion I think was correct! But the entity is a complete mystery. What I personally think is an ordinary ghost tricking you. I've had an experiance and I have even sent a ghost to the next life. So that's my oppinion. I hope it helps 😊
aldizzi (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Yeah, I think it was my guardian angel, and I'm not really worried about that. I'm rather worried about the other entity.
Mariofan69 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Yes, I think that this is your guardian angel and is just being friendly and helping you through maybe a tough time. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: