You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows

 

Excuse me if this doesn't make sense at some points, I tend to babble with my words a lot.

These things I've been seeing and hearing have been going on since I can remember nearly 7 years back (I'm 14 now) when we lived in our house in Colorado Springs, CO. There was one night I remember quiet well that still makes me cry to this day just thinking about it. Let me just say now that at the time, me, one of my sisters, and a fairly large group of my friends were studying and practicing witchcraft at the time which now I wish I hadn't been.

I was taking a shower in our downstairs bathroom. We had one of those stand up showers with the glass doors. I had thought I'd seen my younger sister standing outside the shower just standing there, as it appeared to be a dark figure. So, I opened the shower door and I saw no-one there and the door still closed. I remembered a moment later that the door was still locked. I quickly got out of the shower to ask my parents who went downstairs, since there were 4 levels of the house. They were sitting in the living room watching TV when I asked. They both replied with a no and I asked where my sisters were. They were outside playing with some friends. Thinking nothing of this, I went upstairs to my bedroom. What I saw I can still picture in my head now.

There was a dark figure of a girl lying on my bed. I could see her clearly but it looked as if she were made of smoke. She was looking straight at me grinning with this awful look on her face so I ran back downstairs and decided not to tell anybody about this. I was too scared. I couldn't sleep in my room that week so I bunked with my sisters. (I have 3 smaller ones.) This wasn't the end of our terrors though. It seemed as though my parents never saw anything in that house. It was only me and my 5 year old sister at the time. Every corner we turned, it was like some one was turning the corner before us and it always seemed to be a shadow. If I peered out of the corner of my eye, I could see a shadow just standing there until I would turn my head in that direction. I would have night terrors in that house that scared me to crying point and to this day I still dream of that old house. We always had the feeling of someone watching us in the house, especially in the basement, the room we were most afraid of. None of us would go down there unless forced, and we always took someone down there with us. We would hear creaks in the floors upstairs when my sisters and me were home alone downstairs. Most sounded like heavy boots walking. I always ignored this and tried to get my sisters focus off the noises.

When we were moving, I couldn't have been more relieved. I saw my last ghost at that house as I was going into the house to say my last goodbyes. I looked towards the kitchen and saw a figure run past the doorway as I watched, only, it was white this time.

Everything was fine except for the chills I would get and memories that flooded my mind right after and the fact that I've remained afraid of the dark. That is, until this month...

I'm 14 now and I live in El Paso, Texas. Far west, desert. We are the first people to live in this house and I don't know why this would be going on now.

A few days ago I was lying on my bed with my 12 year old sister, when I thought I saw our cat run by the door, except it vanished mid-way. I turned to my sister and asked if she saw it. She said yes and told me she had something to tell me. She said; "me and the girls have been seeing things the last few days and hearing things. Kitty's been acting really weird too." Shocked, I felt... Dead. When I asked what kind of things, she told me they've been seeing shadows again. They see things run across doorways, things that aren't there when they take a second look, hear banging on the walls, and keep seeing the same black cat in the same room.

Last night they decided to camp out in our youngest sister's room, where they saw the black cat. They tried going to sleep when they kept hearing this scratching noise coming from the wall behind the bed. They turned on the light to see what it was but nothing was there. Our cat had been laying on the bed when the noise had happened and when they turned on the light; they found her staring at the wall from where the noise had came from. Ignoring this, they turned the light back off to try and go back to sleep once again but it didn't stop, they started hearing scratching noises on the carpet now from the bed they were sleeping next to. Next the cat started attacking my smallest sister. The cat was biting and scratching her all over so they had to kick her out of the room, but the noises continued. Finally scared enough, my 12 year old sister left their room to go sleep in her own and my 7 and 10 year old sister went upstairs to sleep with out parents.

Tonight I brought it up during dinner to find out that my dad had been experiencing some weird things also, but he hadn't told anyone but my mom. While he fell asleep on the couch, he was awoken by the feeling of someone rubbing his cheek. He jolted awake and looked around but no one was around him. The same thing happened again. The third time, he felt tapping one his shoulder, which he thought was our smallest sister, but turned around to find nothing again. Then last night he had his eyes slightly opened while he was lying in bed and saw a shadow run across the doorway. Scared, he got up and checked the house for anyone who might've gotten in. The alarm was still set, everyone was sleeping and no one else was in the house so he just went back to bed thinking nothing of it. My dad had mentioned before being awakened by crying, screaming, or someone calling out his name. I don't understand any of this and it scares me.

Could this have been something that followed us from Colorado or something new?

Whatever it is, I can't stand it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xx-vicky-xX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Hi Xx-vicky-xX, first thank you for sharing your story.

Okay, people have already suggested you avoid using the Ouija board and I'm saying the same thing for a different reason. In my opinion and in the research I've done the board has no positive effect. I don't believe the board is supernatural but it has been shown to cause psychological issues, paranoia being the most common. Also from my more skeptical point of view I'll still have to say that dealing with witchcraft in general is bad idea, even if we ignore the paranormal witchcraft and seances have pretty much the same effect as the Ouija Board and generally people that conduct them are frauds, I'm not saying they all are but I'd say most are.

I believe you, the detail in your story have that ring of truth to it. If you are religious I'd say speak to your priest, if not there are options. Prayer has been known to work on many levels, even if you don't put stock in it now might be a good time to start. If you aren't a believer in the supernatural prayer has been known to calm people down and that can be very helpful.

If the spirit followed you what it wants is for you to be afraid, from what I've learned fear and most negative emotions give bad spirits (or demons if you like that term better) power over you, letting them cause more fear in an endless cycle. Do not try to speak to it, don't listen if it speaks, and I repeat don't start the Ouija board, you'll move the marker to answer your own questions and that will cause paranoia or fear.

There are a few ways to deal with a haunting, although as a skeptic I can only tell you information I've gained through research I'm no priest or expect. First don't feel like this is your fault, never, ever fall into that emotional pit it leads to depression, and never let anyone blame you, you are young so I doubt your some terrible sinful person, but there are a few people even on this site that will tell you to clame yourself, never do that.

Second, I've been hold at a bowl of White Vinegar and salt is an effective protective charm, just place it in a room you want protected. Also, if you believe it is a demon saying Psalms 91 and 71 are supposed to give you protection.

Now I'm not trying to make you paranoid or feed your fear, it might be possible the event will never repeat and maybe positive thinking could help. Repeating to yourself you won't be afraid, something like. "It has no power over me if I'm not afraid." Think it to yourself about five time, a few times a day. You should share this with you sisters too, it could help all of you. Keep us updated and good luck.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
What BigC means is Girl and the cat is the demon that can change to form Demon can change shape.
Xx-vicky-xX (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
bigC- What exactly do you mean by the girl isn't a girl and the cat isn't a cat? I don't fully understand.

Scream- I understand what you mean but its hard living in a house you're afraid of and are constantly concerned about. Living WITH them is what I find really hard though when they keep scaring me and my family.

Soldier- I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. My family hasn't been very religious for years now. My parents are Catholics, I'm Christian, but my 3 sisters don't know much, and I've lost sight. I'll pray and if it gets worse than this I'll confront my family.

Thankyou every body for the help, I appreciate it a lot!
soldier (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
First of all you need to know that demons attach themselves to people not homes, so yes they did follow you and yes you opened the door to them by dabbling in witchcraft. I know because I too dabbled in the occult and to this day they come into my home and try and cause problems for me and my children. You need to get your family together, ask jesus into your hearts, and cast them out of your home, take authority and tell them to leave in the name of jesus. Do not fear them, if you turn your life over to god they cannot harm you. I hope this helpsyou will be in my prayers. God bless you and your family.
The_Black_Claymore (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
Wow, Ma'am. I'd suggest you'd better find a priest, or an exorcest. Messin' with withcraft will get you nowhere. Just try to find a new place to stay if you can... Good luck. 😉
Scream (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
Xx-vicky-xX,

I honestly don't think that whatever these are could've followed you, maybe it was just coincedence that you have moved into a new house that was occupied. You say that you are the first people living in the house so maybe a site before your house was built there had something to do with them. Try not to take notice of them, act like they are real people and they are here for the same reason you are, to live. Thank you for sharing your story!

Scream
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
p.s. DO NOT trust it or listen to it or try to talk to it. NO boards, gates, ect
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
ok I don't really want to scare you but I think you all ready know and just don't want to admit it that girl most likly isn't a girl the cat isn't a cat I sorry but I think you might have let in something something from "below" something dark if you're religious I'd get blest along with the house you might want to tell you priest (if you have one) the truth it will help

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: