You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Thing That Bumps Me In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing That Bumps Me In The Night

 

Before I start my story I would like to give you all some background on myself with the paranormal. I have always been "attracted" you might say to ghost, sprits, angels, demons whatever you would like to call them. Growing up I have had MANY encounters. My mother whom was not a woman who thought things like ghost exist has now become a full believer. As a child I saw many things. I have experienced entities. Ghosts, full apparitions, light, mad and mean happy and nice ghosts. I have had the wonderful privilege to never bump into a demon and pray I never will. It seems as though I attract them. Wherever I go I immediately know whether something is there or not and with some prying I can get some information. My mother says I am a medium. I do my best to ignore this "power" that I poses because I have come to learn that if you speak to them like asking "what do you want" or something to that nature you feed it and they will become stronger is not the word but open may fit if you can understand that. I do not like nor wish I had this thing that I do because it scares me half to death and I wish it would end. I have looked up sites like this because I felt as though I was crazy at times until I saw someone else who has gone through this. Now to the story at hand...

I have to small children ages 2 and 3 both boys. Before giving birth to my second son my husband and I moved into an apartment complex in Belchertown Ma. Upon moving I gave birth 2 days after our initial time seeing the apt and still in the midst of moving stuff in. After returning from the hospital to my new place I realized a "man" was also there. He was very unhappy with the new people in his home and very much disliked the crying of an infant throughout the nights. As I had mentioned the things know that I know them. He would screw with me. Make noises everytime my newest son would wake up. Move things around, but mostly he would scare me. He really enjoyed making me jump. The hairs on the back of my neck would point upwards as he followed me down the hall right on my heels. He would pop up full bodied out of the corner of my eyes in the middle of the day time even. I decided it was enough and told him to leave and that I would not communicate with him. I said I would not help do anything for him and he was not welcome. He left. So I thought.

It was a few months until things started to happen again. But this time it was not with me at all. I can't figure out if this is the same man or not because I am not the one being bothered. My eldest son at the time 2 started to talk to me about a "rahh" as he calls it. To this day his story has never once changed and this is a year and some months later. He says the rahhh goes through his wall right next to his bed. (I have moved him to the other side now) He has drawn circles all over his walls saying that the rahhh doesn't like them and will make him go away. He says that it stays on the ceiling most of the time. Now this is the worst part. About a year ago when this started to happen I woke up to my son screaming. I thought he had a bad dream and put him back to sleep (this is the elder one). In the morning wile I was changing him I realized a HUGE scratch mark across his back. It looked like one long thick scratch. It looked blotchy like a fingernail scratch. I asked how he got it and sure enough rahhh had done it. I said no hunny, did you fall... NO RAHHH did it... Baby boy did brother do this?...NO MOMMY, RAHHH did it. OK. Sometimes he will still talk about how rahhh hurt him on his back. He still says rahh comes at night. Now my youngest talks about him. This rahhhh. For 6 days straight my youngest woke up at exactly 3:33 am. It scares me so much knowing that it has gotten to my kids. I am now teaching them to not be afraid and to tell "rahhh" to go away and leave them alone. I have recently learned that a man died in the apt next door to mine... In the room facing the wall my son says the rahhh goes to. He died of cancer and his wife moved to another building. I don't know what it is but I want it to go away... I'm determined to find out what it is if not the man I used to see that is haunting over my kids.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tyffannie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tyffannie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
t3h_h0bbitz... It has been a very long time since I have been on this site and told my experiance... However I have recently feelt the need to look back at this again and it seems strange to me... What you have said really stuck out... Not but a little while after I had posted this I found out I have egyptian in my blood... (meaning I am partially eyptian but this goes back a quite a few generations)... As well as royalty in this part of my past... Hummmm hope you still come on this site and will see this and tell me what you think
hearthorn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
the best thing you can teach your children is to be strong enough to face them. I too have a similar experience and I know its not so easy to face them. Still, you should not let them get over to you and your family.

I wish health and happiness to your family.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
as for the current situation... I hope that everything works out. Its hard to get things like that to stop. Once it has made its home... There isn't much you can do to get it to leave. You're better off finding a new place
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Just letting you know... You are right about just ignoring them. They feed off you when you ask questions or "entertain" it with any chatter.

I hope you can find a way to live with this "gift". I believe I have a little something in me, but I chose to put it on the back burner
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Have you ever wondered about the name? Rahh? Ra, the ancient Egyptian sun god. I would wonder myself if this has anything to do with any past experiences you have had with the occult. I'm adopted, but I'm told that my birthmother visited a witch doctor when she was pregnant with me. Although she later said that was wrong and repented, I always wondered if something got transferred during her visit with the "kind" witch doctor. For instance, my one friend's child could not say Jesus for years. My friend had gone to a seance while she was pregnant and was sure that that was the reason.

I would be careful with your "gift". I would be careful with even thinking it was a gift.
SunStar (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
the best thing to do is to continue to tell your children that they are stronger then Rahh and that they can tell him to go away as you mentioned in your story. If this continues, and you need to go to desperate measures, get a preist and so on. Just remember, only get a preist on desperate measures, sometimes it doesn't work and the ghost gets mad.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
In this particular case, helping the man out might be a good idea, if you can. Because he has become personally involved with your family, there may be some reason that he is feeling violent toward your children. It's possible that he was unable to have children of his own in life, or he feels betrayed that his wife moved away. Teaching your children not to be afraid of these things is one of the best gifts you can give them as a parent.

Best of luck, and I wish health and happiness to your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: