You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Things That Go Bump Bump Bump In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Things That Go Bump Bump Bump In The Night

 

Hello I'm normajean. Thanks for all of you that commented my last story. Now I have another one for you.

I'd say it was 3 months ago that this happened to me, give or take a month. Just to say my house isn't very old but I have heard noises in the kitchen like cupboards shutting or the TV turn on, or sometimes it won't even turn off.

The people that owned the house before us turned the garage into a family room, but when we came along it was turned into a work-out room by day and bedroom by night for my aunt and uncle who was living with us for a short while. Later when they moved out it was turned into my bedroom. My uncle would say when they would be sleeping in the room they'd hear things in the kitchen around 2, 3 he would joke it was a ghost but figured it was the house "adjusting".

The first nights I slept in my new room, for some reason I had this feeling of fear I wasn't sure if it was just me being paranoid or what, but it was such an uncomfortable feeling. I would try to sleep off the feeling. Some nights I would just stay awake, eyes open staring at the ceiling. I just couldn't fall asleep, then I would start sweating but the fans would be on. I couldn't explain this feeling at all.

The feeling did go away but only after the event that took place that I still can't find an explanation to. I was awake in my bedroom, lying down, texting on my phone. It was probably around 1 or 2a.m. I don't have a door because the doorway to the room is too big so I put those Chinese changing things that people change behind, covering the doorway. Being that, that was there, I can't see the doorway or the kitchen which is right across. So I was texting ready to put it down and go to bed, right when I turned off my light and lay my head down on the pillow I heard a loud THUMP.

The sound was as if some one THREW themselves on the floor-it sounded like it was right on the other side of my Chinese changing thing. I sat up right away but didn't think to switch on the light. For a split second I thought maybe it was my sister playing a joke and trying to scare me, but there was no way it could have been her.

Then all of a sudden I heard it crawling really fast and go under my bed. I had boxes down there filled with pictures and I heard it hit the boxes while still crawling. I flew off the bed and turned on the switch on the other side of my room. I stood there, scared/confused. I went to go get my dad (somehow at the age of 19 I still go get my daddy when I'm scared.) He got up half asleep and lay on my bed, murmured something, got up and went to his room. A lot of help that was.

Once he left, I sat right in the middle of my bed, with the lights on. All of sudden I felt as if the bed was...breathing! The way your chest moves as you breathe is the way the bed was moving. I sat there eyes wide, waiting to see if it was just my imagination. Surely enough I knew it wasn't, it did it a couple more times and stopped.

I woke up that morning to my lights still on and me in a weird sitting, sleeping position, because I never moved from where I was.

I explained it to my best friend and my parents they say I was dreaming, but I was wide awake, what I felt and heard was real! My friend asked if it was my dog, but my dogs live outside I don't bring them in. It wasn't my sister, because I heard it crawl under the bed. Was it a rat? No, the THUMP that I heard sounded like a full grown human.

Well that afternoon, I removed the top of my bed not knowing exactly what I was searching for, I guess just to check, but I noticed that no boxes were moved. There they were, sitting in order and not moved, yet I HEARD it hit boxes. It was no dream. After that though, I slept as normal as I always had before switching to that room. No more staying up with a weird feeling.

To this day I try to find sense of it, but I can't find an explanation to it.

Other hauntings by normajean

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, normajean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
That was some very scary things you went through. Indeed I have to say this is a scary story. Has there been any more activity in your home?. I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Thank you prinsessnight I appreciate it 😁
Im still trying to make sense of it but nothing ever comes to mind
Thanks all that commented
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
😲 I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight! Atleast it hasn't happened again.
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I hear things and it sounds like a person is in my kitchen and its not my mom because I sleep with her and I would feel her get up but I don't! 😨 I ❤ yor storie it's great I'll put it in my favs 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Hello Normajean. Nightime experiences are definitely the worst. I won't try to tell you it was a dream or just your imagination. You may never truly know what it was but whatever it was sure sounds frightening. Thank you for sharing your experiencewith us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
thank you rhodes68, if anything else happens I'll make sure to let you know 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Well, the thing I'm trying to decide is if these occurrences could be classified as residual or intelligent haunting. I'd go for intelligent since it feels as if they're trying to attract your attention (the bed 'breathing') and the presence watching you from the hall.

It would be very interesting to see if you have more experiences in the future.

It would be useful to research the history of your house to see if you can come up with anything.
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
rhodes68,
Sometimes it feels like someone in the hall, just standing there, when I'm watching t.v that's close by the hall.
Or sometimes the t.vs turn on, but nothing again like that night. Just mild things.
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
OH MY GOD that would have scared the crap out of me. And what's so crazy is that it is 1:21am and I was about to cut off my lights and call it quits with the texting. So you know how much that just scared me lol. I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal.
Masako (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
How scary!
A lot of stories here are about spirits in the closet, but I have to say that this under-the-bed experience is just as creepy. Glad to hear you haven't had any other scares since then, please keep us posted if anything else comes up!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
That was a horrifying experience you had that night normajean!

You said your uncle has heard strange sounds in your house but I was wondering whether you ever had another experience since that night.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: