You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Things Go Bump In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Things Go Bump In The Night

 

A lot of unexplainable things have happened to me ever since I was a little girl. Things I could not even explain. When I was about 8 years old my younger sister and I shared a room. We always slept in the same bed due to the fact that we were scared. Our family didn't have a lot of money so our dad did his best. Like making us bunk beds out of scrap wood.

I know old houses make weird noises but not like this... Our closet doors would fly open for no reason. Our toys would move on their own, things we took batteries out of would sing, and talk on their own. I remember my sister had this mermaid doll that sang and I remember this thing singing all the time even though my dad took out its batteries, and took out the little box where the sound came from and the thing still would sing. Some nights it would sound like our room was moaning almost. Clothes and books would fly off shelves.

One night like always my sister and I were sleeping in the same bed. Top bunk actually I slept on the outside and something grabbed my arm and pulled me in between the mattress and the rail. I hit the floor screaming. Things like this happen a lot to me...

When I was 18 years old I rolled my car 4 times (on accident) and in the seat next to me I remember looking over and seeing my great grandma. She was holding my hand and saying it was going to be ok. Smiling like nothing was wrong. But all I could think was I'm going to die. After the car stopped rolling she was gone with a blink of an eye. You got to know that my great grandma died when I was like 6 or 7 years old. Things like this have happened to me since I was little and still do.

Other hauntings by always-up

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, always-up, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Seems to me like you have had 2 ghosts one being your grandmother and the other being a poltergeist. Your grandmother is your guardian angel and was looking after you and protected you from the car rolling thing. Now the things at night with the whole moving stuff knocking over books and making sounds with toys and that of it's own would be something a poltergeist would do. Poltergeist mean noisy ghost which is a spirit that doesn't know that it is dead and is trying to communicate with you.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
That's nice to know your great grandmother was there to protect you. Having grown up in a haunted house and having my childhood robbed by the events that went on in the house, I can relate to you very well. Our spooky bunk beds were made out of black rod iron and would shake constantly when no one was in the room or in the house for that matter. You could hear them shaking and rattling when you were outside the house close to that room. We were touched as well and would see black shadows leaving one room and entering the other. It's my own personal opinion that ghosts that come back and frighten children, really didn't like children when they were alive. Children are the most innocent beings on earth and who in their right mind would want to harm or frighten a child? That takes an evil person to do something like that. If they were mean and evil in life, they are still mean and evil in death!
Thank God you had your great grandmother as your protector... May she rest in peace!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Interesting story! I'm sure that your great grandma was there to protect you and keep you from getting hurt. As for your room, that's some pretty big activity, I've only experienced little things and you're very brave for sleeping in that room for such a long time. Do you still live there? Do you still sleep in the same room? How often do things happen?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I believe that there are many people out there that have similar experiences but never tell anyone because they're afraid of what others will think of them. Since we are spiritual in our natural state and only temporarily in these fleshly abodes it doesn't really seem that "out there" to me. I'm just curious as to what keeps us from experiencing more or seeing more on a daily basis.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: