You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Coincidence Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Coincidence Or Not?

 

Lately some weird things have been going on in my apartment. Just some relevant information, I live in an apartment with my mom and brother when I'm not away at College. I normally hang out in the living room and hadn't noticed anything strange until these past few months. I've been trying to dismiss the stuff that's been happening as my imagination.

The first thing I noticed happened before I went back to college for summer school. I was sitting in my brother's room on the computer and I had a pen and paper lying next to the keyboard because I was writing down important stuff. Well, I had been playing with the pen and placed it on the keyboard between the keys. Less than a minute later the pen had fallen off the keyboard in an upward motion to rest above the keyboard. I was freaked out but I calmed myself down thinking it was just my arm bumping the keyboard and it fell. But I was so badly spooked that I called my best guy friend and told him and he laughed and said to calm down your being silly so I did.

I had gone to college for summer school and came back just two weeks ago and had been hearing strange sounds. I live in an apartment and there are people living above so I thought nothing of it until doors started moving on their own. I was once again in my brother's room he left for the night and I was sitting there on face book. Well his door was partly open while I was sitting there I didn't close it. He has two large windows in his room that have never been opened but the ceiling fan was on. The fan had been on all day and on its softest setting. Well I had been sitting in the chair on the computer for a little more than an hour when I heard a creak and looked over to see his door jerk open half an inch. I sat there confused then got up and closed it trying to think of ways it could have naturally happened.

My mom is in bed by ten every night with her door closed because she has work in the morning so I couldn't pin the strange things on her because all these events take place between eleven at night and five in the morning. Then last week I was sitting in the living room on my laptop and I kept hearing creaks like a door opening. It was about midnight and my brother wasn't there and my mom was asleep. I tried to pin it on the people upstairs but I could hear no one walking up there. I happened to look over into the kitchen area and a door was open about an inch. What's weird is that door is never open because it doesn't hold food its storage of old decorations we don't have hanging up. I even asked my mom the next day if she had it open and she looked at me strangely and said no why? I said never mind and asked my brother and he said no and kept playing his video games. I got up and pushed the door closed and felt cool air come out from underneath the door. My mom has been keeping the air off at night because of how much her electric bill goes up during the summer. So it's never cold its about 78 degrees at night. This air felt like 20 degrees.

I felt cold spots but never think anything of it because I feel it so often I just tug a blanket on and ignore it. The latest thing that happened was yesterday. My birthday was yesterday and the night before my best guy friend flew in to spend the week with me. It was around ten thirty when I heard a door creaking but I ignored it. My friend asked me if I heard it and I lied and said no because I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him what had been happening lately after the pen incident. I looked over to see our pantry door cracked open and sighed but I didn't close it because I didn't want to draw attention to it.

I don't want to tell my family because they will just say it's nothing so I'm trying to deal with this on my own and it's not working. I told myself if anything else strange happened I would write and tell people so they can help me understand this. I want to crack this up to be all coincidence because I know I don't have enough evidence to say it's haunted. I want this to just be normal things that can be explained away because it's starting to freak me out. I've never had a paranormal experience so if this is what it is its all new to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ally1290, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ally1290 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
I might start to record, but at the time the thought out that freaked me out.
Luckily we moved from that apartment to a town house and nothing has happened since. We didn't move because of what I was experiencing, my mom just wanted more space.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Ally 1290 ~ For what it's worth, you might keep a palm-sized spiral pad with clip-on pen somewhere handy, and try to keep a date/time/event record. Perhaps you'll see a pattern or get other clues.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
it may be a good idea to leave somthing recording either just sound or video if you can in the place that's most active then if you get somthing on tape you can then have evidence to show people make that a start and go from there
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Sounds like whatever you have likes the pantry. Have you tried looking into the history of the apartment building? Are you the first owners of the apartment you are renting? The reason I ask is something may have happened to one of the prior tenants that lived there. I am not trying to scare you but this may shed some light on what is happening.

Whatever you do, I strongly advise against you using a Ouija board to try to 'communicate' with whatever is in your apartment, you may make the situation worse.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: