You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Little Boy Called Casper

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy Called Casper

 

Recently my mom has told me a story that frightened me. She said it was one of the scariest moments of her life but, I do not remember seeing this boy I hardly recall that day. I'd say I was about six or seven, my mom and I went to the beauty shop to get my bangs cut... Anything after that I don't remember. She had decided to wait to tell me this story when I was a bit older so it wouldn't scare me, little did she know no matter how old you are ghosts are still scary.

So we were heading back home which was just across the street and then down the road. As we were standing on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street I turned to my mom and said "mommy can he come play with us?" looking beside me at nothing (that my mother could see) my mom simply says "who? I don't see anyone sweetie" I then said "the little boy beside me that looks like Casper he wants to come to our house and play" nothing more was said after that, my mom quickly picked me up and ran home.

I want to know your opinion on this because I know children's imaginations run wild with crazy things but I also know that since their imaginations are so big that when they see a ghost they don't think anything of it. So was this just an imaginary friend I never thought of again or is it a little ghost boy outside of the beauty shop?

Other hauntings by Elvira

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elvira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amyleeea (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-09)
Maybe its an imaginary friend you don't recall, apparently I had heaps of imaginary friends when I was little and we went to McDonald's one day and apparently my dad drove off without "Sarah" in the car and my dad doesn't really agree with all that kind of stuff but he turned around and we went to go pick up "Sarah".
I think imaginary friends are what children see that parents just describe as imaginary friends because usually children grow out of this and don't remember speaking to any spirits or imaginary friends. Maybe this is what happened to you, I don't think its anything to be freaked out by...
Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-20)
And superHBK again, my apologies for the long wait.

And about your opinion... Wow. I never thought of it that way. She's never said anything about a ghost tormenting her and I hope she was just freightened but that is definitely something to think about.

And about the strong energies... I agree. Thank you so much for sharing that possibility with me.

Once again thank you and I will be posting more as soon as possible.

-Elvira ❤
Elvira (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-20)
goldengate and badjuujuu first, let me apologize for the long wait... My internet has been down for weeks.

And both of your opinions are very interesting and something to think about.
I'll have to really look into it

Thank you both 😁 ❤
GoldenGate (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
I think it might be your imagination or real or a combination of both. But the kids do not have a prejudice idea about whether it is a ghost or not or find it scary, only adult have all kinds of judgment. That's why adult loose so many intuition and ability that the kids have like: seeing aura, ghost, fairy and so on. 😊 ❤
Http://indigo-crystal-starseed.blogspot.com/2010/08/theories-of-evolution.html
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Sounds to me like your mother was a believer, even if she didn't see what you saw that day. A non-believer wouldn't have grabbed you and made a run for it.
She may have had no knowledge or prior experience with the boy. Some folks just have a very strong fear reaction to the unknown. I think that's all it was, motherly protection combined with a fear of the unknown.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Elvira... Its very hard for me to say if it was real or only your imagination, children sometimes imagine them self to have seen a ghost or spirit, but what worries me is the fact that your mother picked you up and ran home... So I am going to guess on this, there might have been a ghost that your mother knows of but not wanting to tell you... If so then that boy that you saw might have been the one tormenting her and now she is afraid that it will torment you as well. The only problem I have is that (I have been reading all these post and had strong energies on them) in your story I do not feel that energy. Never the less, it was a brilliant story and you have to post more please.
Take Care 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: