You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Grand-dad

Real Ghost Stories

Grand-dad

 

My maternal grand-dad, a very affectionate person, was diagnosed with a cyst in the brain. That slowed him down a lot and it was painful for all of us to see him suffer. The incident relates to the last few days of his life. His health had deteriorated considerably and doctors were not too hopeful either. However, with help, he was able to do his own chores.

It was early in December, and at that time it can be quite cold in Delhi, as it was those days. During one of the nights, 2-3 days before his death, he suddenly woke up my grandma and said "they want to take me, they want to take me, I do not want to go". My grandma, also an old lady, and quite understandably a bit irritated to be disturbed so late in the night, told my granddad not to worry and told him to sleep. My grand-dad told her; no please hold me tight, I do not want to go. My grandma helped him out by keeping her hand over his chest and holding him tight.

Then next day in the night, once again my granddad told my grandma that "they are here, they are below our bed, they will take me with them". My grandma by now had sensed that something was about to happen. However, she helped him out again by assuaging his fears. Then the next night my grand-dad passed away peacefully in his sleep.

My grandma tells me that she felt his presence in the house for 6 months subsequent to his death, but once she communicated to him that he should go where he has to go, and go peacefully, he has not come back to her since. That was close to 4 years ago now.

I sometimes wonder whether it was the cyst in my grand-dad's brain which was bothering him in his last few days, or whether he was actually seeing someone who would escort his spirit.

May he rest in peace.

Other hauntings by amit1807

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amit1807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
This is very true as when end time came, his/her close one who is already dead come to take him/her as they (dead one) already know that the end time has come. As I have read this in lot's of book and have heard from people about this.
Koel (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I reside from north east India. I also lost my grand dad this April. He was hospitalized for 15 days then. I was in kolkata with my dad, he was doin his job there and I was doing my masters and my grand dad was in my hometown. One day I called my brother to ask how was grand dad doing. He said said that the last night when he was with grand dad, my grand dad suddenly called my brother and asked him to open the washroom's door as my maternal grand parents were standing there. My brother did as he was asked to do but couldn't see anyone. He then told my grand dad that no one was there and asked him to go off to sleep. But my grand dad again told him the same thing, this time my brother was scared but managed somehow and passed the night. Next morning when my mom came to the hospital he told this to her. She just said ok. She sensed someting. Then on April 1st I lost my grand dad 😭. He was really very close to me. Coming to the story... After hearing this I and my dad took the last flight and left for home. Next day all rituals took place. After that my mom told me that she could sense that my grand dad would leave us soon. I asked how? Then my mom referred to the incident that my brother had told me over phone. She said when a person's time to leave the world comes, he can see his close ones from the other world. So he saw my maternal grand parents who left the world sum 10 20 years ago.

So amit I feel that the same thing happened with your grand dad. May their soul rest into peace.
Walrek (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
This also happens elsewhere. I live in America and I know of two cases in my hometown.
n_ishwarya (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
i am also an indian I live in chennai. I have a sister in delhi. When I and my sister were 3 years (she was four she is 1 years elder). When my granfather passed away on 3 am we started to cry. My grand mother also before passing away she told that she saw his dead son
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
This happens all the time to people in my culture. Especially to the dieing elders in bed. They say they see dead relatives around their room and they sometimes talk to them. This follow for weeks before the person will pass
Walrek (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Those that are old and those that are young are more sensitive to spirits because they either are just about to go there or came from there. My grandfather of 98 years started seeing and talking to his mother a month or so before he died. The cyst only allowed him to know becuase it brought him closer to passing over.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: