You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Hokkus - Cat Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Hokkus - Cat Spirit

 

Our dear cat Hokkus died five years ago when I was 14. I never got the chance to say goodbye to her because it happened when I was in school. It was a big loss and I cried as I missed her so much. About year after Hokkus passed away, she came back.

I was sleeping when I was suddenly woken up. I felt that something jump on my bed. I got really scared and stared towards the end of my bed where I felt the pressure. While I stared, I felt that something (it was something small) started walk towards me and I saw the imprints when it came closer. Then I heard purring. It sounded so familiar and I realized it was Hokkus, our cat! Her spirit had come back, and I felt how Hokkus walked over the bed next to me, how she pushed the blanket with her paws and purred and purred. Suddenly I had this warm feeling inside me and I became really happy and peaceful. I pressed my head back on the pillow and listened that lovely sound, and fell asleep.

In the morning when I woke up, I still had that warm, peaceful feeling and I knew that Hokkus is now in better place and she's happy, and I don't have to worry about her anymore. She came to me to tell me that and that's one of my most precious memory that I have.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nuka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wolf76 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Wow that's a beautiful story. Its amazing how our loved ones come back to us at certain times and let us know they are present. I also live in Finland, and there has been lots of different occasions when I have experienced past pet cats on my bed. Some of these experiences were weird and others welcomed. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
That's a really wonderful experience. There is nothing more reassuring than getting those type of visits. The love between humans and our animal friends is an eternal bond.
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
This story almost made me cry! Pets are the most loyal friends we have, and the fact that your cat cares about you so much to make sure to let you know she's fine, and has not forgotten about you, that's super cute! 😊
Sourmoonfruit (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Thats awesome! I'm happy for you that you got to see your kitty and get some peace of mind. Jah bless.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
What a wonderful experience for you!

I have no doubt that the spirit of an animal lives on after their bodies give out. I read a book from a well known psychic about what happens to animals when they die and she said that when we cross over to the other side, not only are we greeted by our loved ones, but also all our pets we've ever had. She also says that often times our loved ones have to wait to greet us because our pets rush up to greet us first. It's a comforting thought for me knowing that I will see my beloved animals again. And so will you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: