You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: A Nightmares Message

Real Ghost Stories

A Nightmares Message

 

Due to your kind words on my last story I have decided to share more with you. A few years had passed and I had began living life as I was around the age of six. We moved to a new house thinking that would separate me from the shadow person because we didn't know if it had really been my grandmother, demons or evil spirits that can take many different forms.

Anyway, in our new house things seemed to get worse. I'd be sleeping in my room then I'd wake up screaming in a cold sweat, scared to death that something was trying to kill me. Night after night the nightmares came. Nothing could seem to quench the thirst this thing had for me after weeks of these nightmares. My mother took me to the doctor thinking it was something mentally.

Well the doctor had told us that maybe I was just under stress so he prescribed me melatonin which is a sleep aid for childeren. They didn't work. The nightmares became more and more graphic. Here let me explain one of these dreams to you. It would start off with me in my room, then a sudden urge for me to go into the basement would take control so I did. Then when I got down there the door would shut behind me. I would be lead toward this one room then tackled and stabbed. Imagine that happening to a six year old.

Now my room and the basement were connected, only a baby gate separated me from the dark abyss. Anyway months passed with these nightmares still happening. My birthday was soon, so I tried to ignore these things. So I invited a few friends over and they were spending the night with me. Well I avoided the creepy gate. Hours passed of us just talking when all of the sudden my cousin Brian screamed, something ran across my hand. Me and him were afraid as it was until my friend Caleb thought he'd be brave and sing the Freddy Cougar theme song. Slowly he sang one...two...Freddy's coming for you three...four...better lock your door.

Right as he finished, the gate to the basement flung open and something grabbed Caleb's foot. We ran to him frantically. We grabbed him and pulled as hard as we could, then we ran into the living room to sleep with my parents. The next day my parents told me why the house was so depressing and dark. A man had killed himself in the room down stairs, the same one from my nightmares.

Other hauntings by searchin4thelight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, searchin4thelight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

baby_girl31 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
you poor little thing. You must have been so frightened in this all. I know I sure would be. So did you continue living in the house.? What happened.?
searchin4thelight (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thank you all for your kind words and sensetivity. I'm glad to see someone belives me and doesn't think I'm crazy. 😊
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
WReck72: Thats what I was thinking! I think that's stupid to give someone with nightmares that kind of stuff!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Hi searchin4thelight: Must have been a frightning experience so did your parents tell you this story when you were 6 years old? Or did you find out later. Seems as though the man who died in your home hasnt moved on or found peace, its likely he came to you as you were about to perceive him. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Melatonin would be suggested not prescribed it's over the counter supplement. Melatonin is the chemical your body makes to tell you to sleep. Any doctor recommending this for nightmares is just retarded, not only will it help keep you asleep during the nightmare, instead of allowing you to wake up, but many people have reported it can contribute to sleep paralysis. (There's a good chance it would also cause the nightmares to set in faster upon falling asleep) If you are unable to sleep melatonin is great it's one of the best sleep aids on the market and is not addictive or habit forming nor does it have the giant list of scary side effects. If you are having trouble sleeping due to nightmares I highly recommend 1000-2000IU vitamin D, D3 is best. Any way I just wanted to make sure people knew if your kid is having chronic nightmares and some one says give the melatonin that it's a horrible idea and will most likely make the nightmares worse just like it did for searchin4thelight.
mitch6769 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Omg you poor thing, when I read this I felt a sense of dread, you were so young. Don't worry though we are all with you. Take care. ❤
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Wow. Just wow. That sounds aweful! I don't know what else to say besides I'm glad your ok! Much love!
~Sarah
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
That was creepy. Sorry to hear that you have to be on the man's shoes even on a dream and my goodness! You were only six years old at the time right? After you learned what happened to the house, anything else occured?

❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: