You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Mysterious Man

Real Ghost Stories

A Mysterious Man

 

Before I begin, many of you questioned my last story, asking if anything else happened after I learned why this man was haunting my dreams. The anwser is yes but nothing too bad. The nightmares did continue and at certain times I didn't feel like myself but then again I never went into the basement or slept in my room until we moved.

Anyway, this next experience I had takes place in a part of West Virginia called Wallace. It was maybe three years after the last haunting even though I still felt things, there was nothing too bad. Until I turned nine and went to stay with my cousin for awhile me and him had been joking about the property, making up scary stories about it to scare the younger kids. Little did we know that the stories would lead to something bigger. One night sleeping at his house I had a dream that I was being chased up into his woods by a man in sort of a leather trenchcoat, with some sort of fedora hat on his head. The man ran after me until I ran onto a neighboring house's porch, banging on the door.

The frantic house owner turned on the house light and as he did the mysterious man collapsed, dropping his hat and began to limp into the woods. The house owner rushed to my side. As he pulled me to my feet I grabbed the cowboy hat and woke up feeling a sudden jerk. Now remember this was all just a dream and yes it did scare me, but what scared me more is when I woke up. I screamed in my fright, waking the whole family and when they ran in all they saw was me; a nine year old boy holding a type of hat in my lap.

They laughed thinking I had brought the hat with me, then just made up some crazy story about it until that night. My aunt Mandy and cousin Dylan and I were in the living room. We were joking and laughing, having a good time, until my face went blank with fear. As I was staring at the window my aunt Mandy, who was wondering what was frightening me glanced over to the window.

There she saw that mysterious man's face pressed against the window staring at his hat lying on the coffee table. My aunt, not knowing what to do, decided to throw the hat into the yard. The man limped over, picked it up, brushed it off, sat it upon his head, nodded and bolted into the woods.

To this day I don't ever see the man at my aunt's house. Neither does my cousin Dylan, but I'm still too frightened to go back there.

Other hauntings by searchin4thelight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, searchin4thelight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
perhaps you weren't dreaming at all but your body perceived it as a dream. What if the thing was a person out to cause trouble. Perhaps your body was moving to somewhere when you thought you were dreaming. Only that you ended back up where you where and thought you were dreaming when it was not dream at all but a memory perhaps Just a thought and another take on it I wanted to instill.
searchin4thelight (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
thank you chanelm if youd like to talk more please look my paranormal investigating group up on our website weareparanormal.webs.com id love to have a fellow enthusiast asa a member its free and ull get updates on all we do plus I hav some photographic evidence posted please get in touch
Signed- Kris
chanelm (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Unless you have experienced something of this nature you will never understand it. I believe you the hat thing was ackward but I believe you. When I was younger I would see a man about 6ft 7 with a large hat on with a long trench coat he was dressed in all black and I couldn't see his face. He would stand in my room at night although not humanly possible he would hide behind my door. I could be in class and 'look up and he'd be in a corner standing looking at me. It wasn't until I got older that I found out and understood what was happening. I haven't had any experience like this since I was younger until. A couple years back feb 08 I would wake up at night to go to the bathroom and I would look down at the end of the barracks and I would see it everynight it got closer everyone thought I was crazy when I told them about it even my battle buddy until one night I think it was around august or september she called me frantic her son came into her room crying begging her to allow him to sleep with her she asked him what was wrong and he told. That he was scared of the tall man in black standing in the room. I found out later that I wasn't the only one experiencing these things so don't downplay something just because you don't understand or feel as if its not realistic.
searchin4thelight (4 stories) (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
If you do not believe my stories do not read them please. I don't care if you don't believe them I lived them and no one can convince me I didn't expierence this thank you.
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
I am not going to completely rule this story out because I have heard some people who claimed that things manifested from dreams.

I remember I had a dream about spiders and when I woke up my feet had spider webs on it.

Thanks for sharing your story though. It was an interesting read because reoccurring dreams do have some meaning to them.
Jersey_Firefighter (3 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
I'm sorry to say this and you may think its rude, but I think you have been watching too many horror movies. A man in a leather trenchcoat and fedora? Sounds a lot like Jeepers Creepers. Pulling the hat out of your dream? Hmmmm... How about Nightmare on Elm Street?
Nice scary story, but I think that's all it is, just a story. Sorry. 😢
Scare_tactics (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
It might have been a Leprechaun as you mentioned about the hat, was it green in color? 😜
Check this out
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: