You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Presence In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Presence In The Mirror

 

This happened around a month ago, at night in my room, and is the reason I have started believing in the presence of ghosts.

From a very young age, I felt there was always something weird about my room. I could never explain it, but I always felt that someone was watching me, like there was a presence in my room. There were times when it would get suddenly very cold, when I would shiver, but not from coldness. Ok it sounds a bit cliche, but it's the only way I can describe it. There were hours when I would be totally scared to go in, moments during the night when I would suddenly wake up, and stay rigid in my bed, scared to move until I feel physically forced to move. I pretty much got used to it, after a while.

But around a month ago when this was happening, I remember it was 3:45am, I had the usual experience of paranoia, when I was just going out the room I remember freezing on the spot. I heard a crackling noise. I had the sudden urge to look around in the mirror, it totally freaked me out as at first I didn't see anything. Then a shape appeared, turning into a human figure. It wasn't solid but it was definitely a human figure.

It was a girl, around 18 maybe 20 years old, wearing a white dress, flowers around her neck and her hair in a loose bun. It was weird because when I was looking at her I heard faint crying. I didn't see any tears as her face wasn't clear enough. I lost all track of time, but after a while the framed picture opposite the mirror fell from the hook and broke, and the vase fell on the floor and smashed. Of course when that happened I looked round, then when I looked back she was gone. I have seen her 4 times after that, she stays for longer each time, but doesn't get clearer in form. She's only smashed an object once, and that was it, but every time I see her she is still crying. I still get the same experience of a presence even when I don't see her.

I have a few thoughts about who she was. She was wearing a white dress and flowers, that makes me feel that she might have been a bridesmaid for a wedding, and she may have been sleeping in my room which is why she's in my mirror.

I wonder if I can ask advice at this point-do you think I should talk to her, find out why she's crying or how long she's been in there? Or do you think I haven't "known" her long enough? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers for reading.

Other hauntings by TheGirlInWhite

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheGirlInWhite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostbeliver (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
amm according to me its lost soul who might died on her wedding day and now came back looking for his groom aaww poor soul
😢
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Cheers for your comments guys. I do know that the house is from the 1800s, so yes I'm sure it's possible that she used to live here with her family.

About anyone else, my sister did tell me that she always felt somthing "weird" in that room, and she only stayed in there a week or so before she moved out and I took it over. But no-one has ever seen her.

Update:

I havn't seen her for over a month, but I think she did come into my room yesturday as when I was doing some work in there it suddenly got very cold and I got paranoid again, this is weird, becuase she usually doesn't come 'over' in the day time, although I feel her there all the time, but the feeling was so much stronger.
indiandaksh (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
according to me, it is a lost soul who wants to show her presence in any way possible. Has anyone else in your family expierienced her presence, if no, I think there might be soome trouble ahead...
Keep us informed about the happenings in your house
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
It could be a lost soul or it could be a soul that used live in your house. I know this might sound redundant but have you checked the history of the house or the land? In my opinion, it may be a soul that is asking for help to move on.

❤
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
I think it is a sad soul. Something happened to her and broke her heart. That is why she is still here.

If you are brave and confident enough to handle ghosts, you can ask her why she is still here and if you can help her to cross over and see the light where she can see her loved ones. You may not hear what she says, so you might need to record it and find out what she says later on.

Good luck
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
I think that you can ask her what she wants or needs just be careful. As long as nothing bad happens then I think your fine. That's really amazing and scary by the way, kind of cool. Hope that helps. ❤Kalli

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: