You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man Next To My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Man Next To My Bed

 

I have had many experiences throughout my life with the paranormal, be it visual or spiritual. This story relates to a time when I was living with my parents and sister. We lived on the outskirts of a suburb in Broome, Western Australia. Behind the back fence was bush land and my father would tell us that we could no longer jump the back fence for firewood because he would see spirits follow my sister and I. We knew that most areas in the suburb were ancient burial ground but we (as part aboriginal Australians) knew to steer clear of said areas.

After graduating high school my father gave me a year off to relax and recuperate after my brother passed away. I would spend my nights reading books and spend my days either sleeping or in a daze. (I am a night person) One night I was reading my book by the light coming from my open window. My bedroom was in darkness so the light shining on the white page would momentarily blind me. Around 2.30am I put my book down to rest my eyes and adjust them to the darkness again when my bedroom suddenly went a few degrees cooler, this freaked me out. (Broome in West Australia is very tropical so this sudden drop in temp is very strange)

I looked up to see a menacing cloaked figure standing a few inches away from me. Needless to say I was scared. I lay frozen in place on my bed and couldn't move an inch. (I think this is more out of fear and not sleep paralysis) by this time I had fully regained my distorted eyesight, I saw its face.

It had a huge mouth, and glowing red eyes. But the thing that really scared me stiff less was its smile. (I am extremely scared of clowns, they are creepy) This entity's smile deeply reminded me of an evil clown. I wanted to close my eyes but the ghost controlled my gaze. It started to laugh, but I couldn't hear anything, I could just see it.

Then it started to shake my bed. I thought my bed was going to fall apart any minute! The shaking stopped after a while, but the ghost kept on watching me. We stayed like that until 4.15am. (The reason I know the exact time is that as soon as it left, I jumped up to check on my sister, to see if it had gone to scare the living daylights out of her. It hadn't.

It was not only frightening, but physically exhausting on my part. As soon as the sun came up I fell asleep. Looking back, I do not think it was a ghost, more of a demon.

I would love to hear from anyone that had a similar experience happen to them. By the way, my father had since smoked the house out and nothing had since bothered me to that extent for the remainder of my time there.

(In our area of Australia, aboriginals who were having spirit trouble within their lives, homes and family, would seek out an elder to collect and bless a certain type of tree to collect a thick, dry piece from it. This wood would then be burned throughout the house and we (all inhabitants of said house) would be smoked. (Similar to smudging)

Thanks for taking the time to read about one of my experience.

Other hauntings by Jookie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jookie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jookie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to read about my experience. I think it had something to do with the aboriginal history around the area. If you want to learn about this in more detail, I would be happy for you to email me. It can be ultra spooky if I tell you stories that go back over 3 generations.
My email can be found on my profile.:)

Hi Cosmogal,

Yes it was terrifying. And completely exhausting on my part. It did seem quite demonic in nature. It came back to visit me at different locations after that, but those times were not as scary as the first. I have got goosebumps just thinking about it!:)

Be safe, be happy ❤
Jookie
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Wow that gave me the chills. I can't even imagine how frightening that must have been for you. I also don't like clowns, they scare me to pieces 😨 I agree with my friend Darkness and believe it was something more sinister and most likely demonic in nature. You mentioned that you saw it two more times in different locations. I hope that it never makes another appearance. Thanks for sharing your story, and take care 😊 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Hi Jookie I'm from Perth so I know exactly where you are talking about, Broome is a very beautiful place especially Cable Beach! Do you think what you saw that night was somehow connected to the history of the land at all? I myself think it was something more sinister I am unsure as to why it showed itself to you? Did you or anyone else experience any other occurences besides seeing this entity?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jookie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
yes it has. Twice after. In different locations.

Forgive my ignorance for not saying its a demon. I am new to this site.

All of that aside, I don't think you should technically critise my experience, just appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my story Snowhite. I hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe, be happy.
Jookie ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
The title of this story should be The Demon Next To My Bed since it is a demon. Did it even come back to bother you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: